My Small Time 100% Organic Multi Strain Tent

Womenl! Can Be Hard To Live With Them, But It'd Be Impossible To Live Without Them!ne

I agree CA I was reading till the wife started bitching.

If my GF starts bitching I just say " yes dear " , roll a joint and forget. LoL :rofl:

have been yurning to start up a Tea Brewer, but never did. Not sure why not. But soon I'll give it a go.

Love and Light

I feel your pain fellas lol!
When I'm on this forum, my lass is either in class, studying, or at work haha!
When she's not busy, I'm busy lol! No matter what the situation is!
But shhhhhh, I'm secretly her biggest fan and I wouldn't trade her for a Bentley!
No matter how big of a headache she gives me sometimes lol.

But I've got some work to do, so I'm signing out for a bit fellas!
So If I don't reply right away, I will at some point during the afternoon/evening!
Hopefully a couple of my brothers will make it over to this forum as well!
1 of em has a living soil that is to die for! His food chain goes all the way up to the arthropods in system!
Really looking forward to the near future though! Learning with and from you all!
Take care and speak soon!

:peace: & Blessings

High ya PG , love your set up. I like so many others am growing organic for the first time i am 24 days in flower and the deficiencies are showing because I didn't start off with a good base , I now know to feed my soil and my soil will feed my plant. I will be following your grow in hopes of learning more. Subbed :peace:

I really like the simple, common sense tea making. I ranted about people throwing everything but the kitchen sink into tea recipes in my journal a while back... The point of tea brewing is mostly to grow bacteria, hyphae and protazoans, not to create a hit-or-miss bottle nutrient substitute.... Very refreshing style, Mr. Green.

Welcome G-daddy And KingJohnC, Nice That You Made It peacebrother, And Cheers PeeJay

High ya PG , love your set up. I like so many others am growing organic for the first time i am 24 days in flower and the deficiencies are showing because I didn't start off with a good base , I now know to feed my soil and my soil will feed my plant. I will be following your grow in hopes of learning more. Subbed :peace:

:welcome: my brother! And thanks for the compliments indeed! Also, feel free to post in this thread as you will!
As long as your willing to put in the work and help yourself, I'm willing to do all that I can to help you out!
But with that said, it sucks that you're just a few weeks into flowering and having issues!

A few things you can do to help yourself out would be:
  • Get some earthworm castings as the nutrients within are in a readily available form, which isn't at all the standard for organic fertilizers, but since they've already been process by the bacteria in the worms gut, they're good to go right away. Use them liberally in the form of a topdressing. It would also be a good idea to add some Kelp Meal and some Hi-P Bat guano to the topdressing, as these things will become available in about 3-4 weeks time. This will make for somewhat of an all purpose topdressing!
  • Get ahold of some descent compost or forest humus, and some UnSulphured molasses, and use these things to brew up a few compost teas! Check out Microbe Organics as to why, and then get back to me with any question you might have! But a good compost tea can be sort of a quick fix for you! It may not be your solution, but it should help out for sure!
If you're showing deficiencies at day 24 flowering, you're gonna hurt your yield if you don't fix things right away!
A synthetic fertilizer I would NEVER suggest, but it might not be a bad idea just temporarily correct your issue and finish strong! I reuse my soil, so I never use anything synthetic on it?
And you really can't half ass organics you know?! It's either one way or the other, and you have to start with the soil. If you skimp on that, you see what you see now you know?!
I hope you get things sorted brother! And now you know that you need to prepare things ahead of time for the next time, so that you get a proper result! Expect better always!
See ya around the forum brother!

I,m in weeeee

Nice brother! The day the "other place" went down sketched me out pretty good man.
That and the fact that it's blocked on some public wifi networks, while other forums are not was enough to move me!
I was already a little sketched out by typing what you have to in the search bar to get to the site...
It's kind of as obvious as it gets what the purpose of the website is, and when it's blocked, it says because it's a website for "illegal activities".
You know big brother is cataloging all of these things..I just hope I'm posting small enough that it doesn't matter lol.
Legal or not, this is still illegal in the eyes of the In-Es-Ayyyy/F3d!

But it's been nice over here too. Been going since 1993, so seems really stable as well.
I've already learned a few new tricks lol, and looking forward to discovering the place and learning even more!
It would be nice to see how you're doing in the garden too brother, so feel free to post here as you will!
But def. keep in touch aye!
Glad you came over to keep up!
That makes 3 of my MJ friends!

I really like the simple, common sense tea making. I ranted about people throwing everything but the kitchen sink into tea recipes in my journal a while back... The point of tea brewing is mostly to grow bacteria, hyphae and protazoans, not to create a hit-or-miss bottle nutrient substitute.... Very refreshing style, Mr. Green.

Haha tell me about it brother!
I had to learn the hard way as I was one of those people that used to throw everything but the sink in the teas! That got me nowhere but to senescence weeks earlier than I'd planned lol. Took me two harvests to figure that out!
But In simplifying the teas and apply them less often I began to experience all those crazy colors that you get with organics in the last few weeks of flowering! Since then, I've kept it simple brother!
And I agree with you 100% in regards to the purpose of brewing the teas!

I chimed in on another guys thread on another forum earlier in the winter because he was mixing up Cal-Mag this, and Earth juice that, and General Organics this lol, but NOOOOOO he didn't listen lol.
What happened? Well he killed 2 or his 3 flowering plants, and nearly killed the 3rd!
I'd never seen pistils recede in such a way without being pollinated! It's like he scared the hell out of his calyxs haha!

It sucked but felt kinda like "I told you so you know"? I went out of my way to help him and he just disregarded my input...So what did I do? I just sat back and watched until the funeral lol.
But I learned a lesson too! Another thing not to do hey! I try to get something out of everything!
Positive or negative, I'm a believer that a winner can take something from everything.
Hopefully he's doing much better these days! Last I popped in on him he was!

But quick Q? Are you gonna update with the progress in regards to washing your buds?
I don't spray anything on my plants after I see more than a handful of pistils, and my plants are the only things in the room that they're in, which is kept squeaky clean, so I don't know how much I'd even benefit from it. I also clean my fans too.
But the good thing is that I can struggle with whether or not if I'll do it for at least another couple months!

Also, my smoke has been superb, so IDK how much smoother it can get unless I go veganic, which I'm moving slowly towards.
There's already no cough or green taste right after the finished product is dried.

But do you think it's a must brother?! Is it so good that you'll never ever go again without washing them?
Like I was telling you about the humidipaks, they're so good that I'll NEVER EVER cure again without them!
I'm looking for that sorta motivation to do it!

Subscribed

And :welcome: KingJohnC!
I look forward to learning from and with you as well brother!
Feel free to post here as you will!
See ya around the forum!

:peace: & Blessings my brothers!

I dunno what I'd update about bud washing. I washed it all last time. I washed it all this time. Didn't leave any unwashed. I do it because many of the people here who grow truly world class smoke - far better than I do yet - make a really strong case for doing it. If it doesn't hurt the quality and washes junk off, why not? It's a way of giving the produce a little extra love. I wash off a lot of dirt. It's a dry climate here. Dust, lint - plenty settles on a plant over 16-20 weeks.

Sounds Good And Makes Since In Regards To Washing The Buds.

I dunno what I'd update about bud washing. I washed it all last time. I washed it all this time. Didn't leave any unwashed. I do it because many of the people here who grow truly world class smoke - far better than I do yet - make a really strong case for doing it. If it doesn't hurt the quality and washes junk off, why not? It's a way of giving the produce a little extra love. I wash off a lot of dirt. It's a dry climate here. Dust, lint - plenty settles on a plant over 16-20 weeks.

Sounds good and makes since.
A lot of the things I've learned came by way of learning the habits and copying ppl who I thought did the right things!
I'm washing it all just to see what happens! Why not get one more experiment in right!?

My Transplant Process! Day13 From Seed! 1st Compost Tea Will Be Administered Tomorrow

So!

Today, Day 13 From Seed, was a big day for the first group of seedlings that I germinated as they we're all transplanted from 2 cups of soil per 20oz solo cup, to roughly 2 gallons of soil per 2 gallon grow bag.
Usually I'd like to get one more transplant in, but this group will remain in these bags for the remainder of their life span, which will be roughly another 2 1/2 months, since they'll only be vegged for about 3wks.

I spent a couple hours over the past few days stabbing the grow bags that I picked up, in attempt to aerate them to allow some extra oxygen and air flow to reach the roots!
I decided to go with grow bags because I've used smart pots(#3) the last 2 grows, and I haven't really seen any justification for spending the money on them, other than the fact that you can wash and reuse them.

But I was able to keep all of the small root balls 100% intact, so I shouldn't get any signs of stress from the transplant!
The roots were growing out of the bottom of the solo cups in a big way, so I knew that I needed to transplant them ASAP! I'd usually wait until day 20 from seed or so, before I transplant, but these babies were not having that! I also don't think I'll cut draining holes in the bottom of the solo cups anymore since the roots that grow thru them end up dying or getting damaged.

But I also inoculated each transplant site with Great White Mycorrhizae!
If you've never used mycorrhizae before, your missing out big time! In my eyes, it's a must to use this stuff! As to why, here's the wiki, which I found to be a dynamite read. Mycorrhiza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
I've also had success using Rooters Mycorrhizae which is the cheap brand on the market, so I wouldn't really worry about the brand of the product. I'm sure there's a reason for the price difference, but all I'm trying to say here is that the cheap stuff works too!

Lastly, once I got all the root balls nice a snug, and got their topsoil level with the new topsoil, I applied a mulch layer of expanded shale, which I also use in the soil in addition to perlite to help with aeration!

Mulching is also something that I highly suggest, as a mulch keeps your rhizosphere from drying out too quickly, and allows the roots to literally grow along the surface of the soil comfortably! That means more oxygen, surface area, and nutrient uptake when you apply things like topdressings or compost teas!
Every time I apply a topdressing, the roots literally gobble the topdressings up, so I look at every topdressing as an extension of my soil mix.
And with the thought in mind that the nutrients I add during the topdressing won't be available right away, I apply the topdressings proactively around the 2nd week of flowering, so that around weeks 6-8 when the plants are plumping themselves up, they have no need for anything other than fresh water!

This update is just to show how I transplant the plants, as I think it's a really easy and safe way to do it, granted there must be a million different ways to do it!

Now back to the books and a bunch of hurry up and wait!

Ps, The GDPxAce Of Spades seedling that I knocked over and repotted is the one that's obviously smaller than the rest, and the least developed root mass also belongs to that plant!
If all goes according to plant, they ALL explode in growth during the next week!
No reason why we shouldn't be looking at a totally different scene this time next week!

My home-made aerated 2gal grow bags! The product me and one of my steak knives!
2_Gallon_Aerated_Grow_Bags.JPG
Creating The Mould For My Transplant
Preparing_The_Hole_For_The_Transplant.JPG
Mycorrhiza Inoculation! Did So For Each Seedling!
Light_Dusting_Of_Mycorrhizae_For_The_Transplant_Site.JPG
Grandaddy Purple Seeds Bay 11 Seedling Before Finishing The Transplant Process
Grandaddy_Purple_Seeds_Bay_11_S1_-_Pre-Mulch.JPG

Grandaddy_Purple_Seeds_Bay_11_S1_-_Transplant_Complete.JPG
Reserva_Privaga_OG_18_Transplant_Complete.JPG
Seedsman_White_Widow_Transplant_Complete.JPG
Emerald_Triangle_Seeds_Blueberry_Headband_Transplant_Complete.JPG
Cali_Connection_Original_Sour_Diesel_Transplant_Complete.JPG
GDPxAce_Of_Spades_Transplant_Complete.JPG
Cali_Connection_Original_Sour_Diesel_Roots_.JPG
Emerald_Triangle_Seeds_Blueberry_Headband_Roots.JPG
GDPxAce_Of_Spades_Roots.JPG
Grandaddy_Purple_Seeds_Bay_11_S1_Roots_.JPG
Reserva_Privaga_OG_18_Roots.JPG
Seedsman_White_Widow_Roots.JPG
A_Couple_Hours_After_The_Transplant.JPG
The_Environment.JPG

Lookin great bro! I'm still in the solo cup but growth has exploded since I got a humidifier! Also started fermented kelp extract and Alfa Alfa extract a couple days ago. Lacto should be ready to use Saturday! Will have cal/mg extract ready in a little over a month. Once spring comes ill scoop up the local microbes too!

Keep it up though and you'll harvest before me probably lol! Also do you intend to get some more lighting? I feel like you will need something else but haven't been in the tent so wouldn't know.

Also nice brewer lol I've been meaning to make one of those for a while!

Edit: just watered and the smell is already insane. rotten fruit mixed with a little bitterness I don't know how to explain it - which is a good sign because its not even in flower!
Edit:edit: haha are the little black circles made to block nappy fingernails?? Lol! Or maybe fingerprints? That seems a little too high tech to be possible though

Nice To See You Made It Family!

Lookin great bro! I'm still in the solo cup but growth has exploded since I got a humidifier! Also started fermented kelp extract and Alfa Alfa extract a couple days ago. Lacto should be ready to use Saturday! Will have cal/mg extract ready in a little over a month. Once spring comes ill scoop up the local microbes too!

Keep it up though and you'll harvest before me probably lol! Also do you intend to get some more lighting? I feel like you will need something else but haven't been in the tent so wouldn't know.

Also nice brewer lol I've been meaning to make one of those for a while!

Edit: just watered and the smell is already insane. rotten fruit mixed with a little bitterness I don't know how to explain it - which is a good sign because its not even in flower!
Edit:edit: haha are the little black circles made to block nappy fingernails?? Lol! Or maybe fingerprints? That seems a little too high tech to be possible though

Yessir!
This is where I'll be for AT LEAST the rest of this run brother!
You know my cautious ass doesn't do shadiness lol!
But nice that you signed up! If you wanna make a thread for your run cool, but if not, post and keep track of all your stuff right here, no problem! I'm gonna need to see some pics tho lol!

But I'm trying to figure out how you're still in solos :tokin:!
I know those babies have to be ready for a transplant!
Mine were showing some signs of wanting a transplant already, so I had to get them out!
I think putting so many holes in the bottom of the solos might be a bad idea tho, because when I go to transplant them, I end up tearing some of the roots off that made their way thru those drainage slits.
So for future reference I'm gonna try the seedling phase with only a couple drainage holes, or even go back to the self-aerated styrofoam cups, which I think we're my favorite since the start of everything.
But yeah, everything has gone smooth so far with the exception of the near death of the GDPxAce!
I'm really surprised that it's still growing tho! I'm praying that it comes around full swing because you know that herb would be so nice! Keep your fingers crossed for me man!

And nice work in regards to the lacto and other fermentations!
I'm really looking forward to see how everything turns out, so keep me posted for sure.
And good to know you bit the bullet and got a humidifier! My temps and humidity have been prefect for the first time EVER lol. I also bit the bullet and got another ExHale bag lol. It will be my last tho.
I've e-mailed them twice now with questions regarding the bags, and got nothing back...Go figure.

And in regards to adding more light, I'll add 4x42w CFLs with clamp lights for flower, bringing me up to just about 690ish watts in all. This tent is a little smaller then the last two tho. It's 39x39x79, while the others where 4x4x7. I was gonna go with HID again, but I don't wanna deal with cooling it, hence me getting the CFLs instead. So we'll see what I can do with these CFLs and this LED. But you know I'm gonna keep em small!
I've got 6x125w bulbs tho, so maybe I'll even just get a couple more mogul socket and hang the 2700k bulbs vertically in the tent..Who knows?! I'm still thinking on what I'm gonna do with it. Def. didn't wanna go all out those, as this is just a stop over on the way to the show!

But I do believe that I'm totally done with HIDs now that LEDs are getting better for cheaper.
This site has a REALLY NICE LED provider that you should look into! I'm definitely hitting them up after this run!
Speaking of lighting, what are you gonna do about your situation? You know that all of this gear is yours afterwards if you want it, so just keep me posted.

And the brewing is doing work bro! Lots of smaller bubbles and a nice head of froth on it today at 24hrs!
I'll take another pic before I use it! But the air stones def. help the situation out! And the newer pump is decent! Get on it brother!

And Speaking of the stink, NICE! I could do for some AK! The OG#18 and Sour D are putting out already over here lol.
I'll be picking up a new carbon filter this weekend for sure! Also gonna do an Ona bucket and use Thyme and Rosemary around the house. Not to mention the Febreeze car things lol. I don't wanna estimate either of these two. Sour is that kinda odor that you have to deal with haha. I'm sure you know tho!

Hahaha and nappy fingernails! Go head lol! You know I keep em clean lol!
For the prints for sure brother! No telling where these pics might end up at lol!
Whose more paranoid then me lol? Really?!
I don't doubt the In-Es-Ay capabilities lol. Not one bit!

But keep up the work brother!
Stay sharp and keep me sharp!

Ps, Of all the rest of the bag seed you gave me, only one passed the squeeze test, and it's chugging alone.
I'm hoping it's some Jack or some AK! Wouldn't that be swell!
And also, check this thread out and let me know what you think about it, as it'll be my next experiment -
Bud Washing

Speak soon

Welcome COorganics! Its Been Cool Keeping Up With You To This Point!

Wow really informative thread.
Subbed for sure. Smoking this really knock ya out Larry OG tonite and fading fast. Peace ill be around.

Welcome my brother!
Its been irie keeping up with you to this point for sure!
Looking forward to learning from and with you boss!

Ps, I've never had any Larry OG, but in looking at the genetics real quick, it looks like some "have a seat" smoke! See ya around the forum between your two threads and mine :joint:

The First Compost Tea Of The Season Went A Little Longer Than Expected! & ExHale CO2.

So, today at day 14 from seed, I gave the seedlings that were transplanted yesterday their 1st compost tea of this growing season.

I'd originally planned to brew the tea for 36hrs, but at 36hrs the tea smelled just a little to sweet for my good! Normally I like the teas to smell like the compost that they were made with! A very nice, rich, and earthy smell is what I shoot for every time! Anything other than that, I will not apply the tea. I'll throw it out and start over before I pour some toxic stew on my plants! I applied a rank tea once and got my plants sick for a bit!

But with that said, I used a little more than 1tbsp/gal of UnSulphured Blackstrap Molasses @ 3.8tbsp in a 3gal brew. Each of the 6 newly transplanted seedlings got roughly 1/2gal of the compost tea. I also foliar sprayed them with it, then let them sit for about half hour, and then rinsed them off with plain H2O.

Since the brew wasn't ready at 36hrs I pushed it another 6hrs, and by that time the tea was still smelling a bit sweet, but I could smell that earthy aroma that I look for! Given the sweet smell at 36hrs, I knew that there was still some food stock(BSM) in there that the microbes could use, so the brew could have been continued theoretically. I probably could have even pushed it to 48hrs.

But judging by this experience, I will use exactly one tbsp/gal for the next brew, and shoot for 36hrs again!
I will document the difference right here again for sure!

I'll get another try here in exactly one week, as I'll brew one for the second batch of seedlings, which were started one week later, and due for a transplant next week!

Also included is a photo of everything after I finished the compost tea brewing process!
Just a friendly reminder to all thinking of brewing compost teas, that you should always clean you gear after you use it, or else you risk the chance of developing nasty biofilms on your air stones, air hoses, or bucket/compost tea brewing apparatus even.

Now I'm guessing I'll be waiting 4/5 days to do anything with these ladies again! Until then, I hurry up and wait on them!

:peace: & Blessing

PS, I've sent the folks over at ExHale CO2 two emails now, and it's been a couple of days and I've heard nothing back! With that said I'm done with them as a whole, and the bag that I'm using now will officially be my last.

For the next run I'll go ahead and bite the bullet and get a tank.
Bu with that said, I do not advise using these, or spending your money on these, when you can't even get a simple response from the manufacture as to why they've changed their words around from "one bag is enough for a 4x4 area", to "one bag is enough for 4-6 plants".Their also selling a larger bag now with they the fungal mass inside, for twice the price. I asked what the difference was in the two, but no response.

I guess most ppl wouldn't notice the slick change in just a few words, but some do.
I don't know what my CO2 PPM is in the tent, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the PPM in the rest of the house. I'll ask around and see if I can borrow one, or even use one in the vicinity of the bags at the store where I got them from.
If I get a result, I'll be sure to share.
Otherwise I'd suggest that you stay away from these and save your money and just buy a tank.

*EDIT- Just got an e-mail from the folks over at Exhale which was sent from an iPhone!
I wonder why it took so long to reply to an e-mail that had business implications...
Can you enlighten me as to what the difference is between the two?

This is the second email that I've sent to you as I've yet to receive a response for the first one.

I am reviewing your product in real time and would love to get some answers in regards to the changes, so that I can remain a customer, and continue to refer others to your product.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Mr.Green
"

And this was his response:
"Thanks for your interest in ExHale!! There has been no change. We suggest use in different terms. One bag is good for a 4x4 space or 4-6 plants or use 1 bag per light.
Hope this clarifies things.
Thanks,
Glen

Sent from my iPhone"

And this was my 2nd e-mail:
"And what about the larger bag that is now on the shelves?
Thanks,

Mr.Green"

And this was his 2nd response:
"The XL is a larger bag for a larger space. It is good for a 6x6 space or roughly 300 cubic feet.Thanks,
Glen"

**On the website it used to say nothing about one bag being good enough for 4-6 plant or a 4x4 area, it only said a 4x4 area, so there was a change. Now the website doesn't mention the 4x4 area, only 4-6 plants.

I guess the bigger mass of mycelia puts out more CO2? hmmm? Oh well, I'm off to a tank next run.

Compost Tea @ 42hrs
Compost_Tea_Finished_At_42hrs_Brewing.JPG
Compost Tea Brewing Kit When Done With The Brew! Keep Your Kits Clean!
Clean_Supplies_Once_Finished_Brewing_.JPG

I have heard those bags are a rip off. Too bad.
I am not really sure, but I think that our organic grows don't really even benefit from CO2 additions anyway. Not like a synthetic grow would benefit from the addition anyway. I've read that from a pretty darn reliable organic guru.

Whad'ya think??

The Bags Just Might Be A Rip Off Unfortunately! But I Would Disagree w/ That Guru!

I am not really sure, but I think that our organic grows don't really even benefit from CO2 additions anyway. Not like a synthetic grow would benefit from the addition anyway. I've read that from a pretty darn reliable organic guru.

Whad'ya think??

Yeah brother, sucks about the bags, but it is what it is.
It started out as being a piece of mind thing since I've been constantly moving around, and not able to move a bunch of indoor gardening equipment every 6 months when I move to a new place. But once I saw the bigger bags on the shelf and the change in literature, I kinda felt shafted.
I still don't get it...You can fit more that 6 plants in a 4x4 area, so is it whichever comes first? Pfff?
IDK, but this is the last one I'll ever buy.

And in regards to the guy who said that organic crops don't benefit from CO2 like a synthetic grow, I don't get it at all. Based on all I know at this point, I'd vehemently disagree with that statement citing that a plant it a plant, be it organic or not, and all plants use CO2 for photosynthesis. It's also a known that there's more CO2 in the atmosphere outside then indoors in the house.

But I wonder what his logic was in saying that tho??
Because maybe he knows something that I don't you know?! I wish you could ask him!

Whad'ya think??

The organic dude does not know what he's talking about. Increased levels of CO2 increase plant growth rates for reasons unrelated to what the plant is fed, organic or not. Well... It is not totally unrelated to what the plant is fed because a healthy metabolism (which is dependent on many nutrients and cofactors) will help the plant process more CO2 via photosynthesis. Therefore a healthy plant will grow faster with added CO2 than an unhealthy plant with added CO2.

CO2 at ~3x atmospheric concentrations is the threshold where adding more does no good. It doesn't matter if it is a struggling plant or a super healthy organic one, a plant will grow faster with added CO2.

Back
Top Bottom