My third time around but mightaswell be the first

Zenmaster

Ok so heres a little back story on my growing ops. The first time i used this same machine as i'm using now called the aero garden. It's worked wonderfully for starting seeds and growing them right up untill about flowering stage. So what i did after they got to big to fit in there was build a bigger setup made from 4 inch black abs pipe capped off and a line fed in for fresh water and a drain line about half way so the pipe would stay about half full. The one female grew great with the whole root system submerged in water all the way upto the rootball. I fed it miracle grow tomato plant food the whole time and it worked great gave nice buds and everything. The second time around i took clones off the one female i had and put them in 4 inch pots filled with soil. They grew awesome in there untill i needed to transplant them. So my idea was to take them out of there and put them in holders just above the pipe full of water. That worked for awhile untill they started dieing and i started posting in the pest control and help thing because i had little red mites on them but i think the neem oil and soap killed them off. Now i'm starting all over again from seed so i'm going to start a journal aswell and post pics and see what you guys think and say. Hopefully i wont kill them this time around well heres a good pic of what they look like as of today

03-22-08_2051.jpg

The closeups were kinda blurry so i just bagged em and went with this one. I put 2 seeds in each one in the back and they all have sprouted and started growing except for 1. But i think it might inna couple days or so we'll see. The ones in the front are special ones i found in certain bags of the good shit but the best one hasnt sprouted yet hopeing and praying it will in the next couple days before turning black and rotting like the last 1's in the first grow. So has anybody else tried this machine and gotten results if so ide love to hear form ya and the experience you've had with it? or anybody whos got any info on this type of grow? thanks and i'll post more pics and write some more as i continue with this expensive experament i got myself into last year

yea i think this time i'm going to do it the same way i did the first time with just submerging the plants upto the rootball. but set a layer of lava rocks right below the plant instead of just plane water so they got somewere to grab onto and hold themselves up. I wanted to put a sponge in there just like this aero garden thing but i'm not sure it would refresh the water inside of it from just a tiny flowing pump lava rocks i'm sure would refresh. I also read about this stuff called coco that was coconut husks and or called skins that i might be able to put in the holders i made instead of soil. Maybe that would let the plants grow down into the water tube unlike what happend with the soil. what do you think about this idea or should i just do exactly what i did the first time and suspend the rootball just above the water table just like this little machine without putting nothing in it but water and nutes in the water. Like the first time. I can probly take some pictures of what i got going on with these tubes if that would help you. But i think its a pretty simple deal its just i tried to put a soil holder above the hydro setup and it killed them along with them getting bugs and me being a real dumbass at growing a plant thats supost to be easy to grow lol. so what do u guys think. Should i try and make somethign to hold the plant up or just tape the bitch right above the water like i did last time ???

here they are at the 2 week point. I just fed them again some of the nutes that came for this veggie garden machine. They should take off like mad in the next week or so but they got the damn bugs again and its gonna take between 10 to 25 days for the mite-rid stuff to get here. The neem and this insecticidal soap didnt really help much but i'll keep tryin em. Any other suggestions i could use would be nice tanks

03-31-08_1737.jpg

there the little red and 2 spotted black fuckers some of them are all black but most are red and 2 spots. I bought some mite-rid and its on the way. A friend gave me some starts in soil so i'm gonna go with thoes and keep it simple for now. These i started before i got the new starts so i'm gonna just keep em in here untill they show sex and trash the males n see what i can do with the females if any turn out to be. I just dont wanna toss them if there not doin any harm to the others in the other room. There growin like crazy in this little machine it has worked excellent since i started this whole project. Its just the changes i made after they got to big for it and fucked them all up. either way i got 2 options to grow with now and hopefully i can get somethin to grow right this time. i was thinkin about taking a cardboard box and sprayglueing some foil on it and covering up this machine so its not in the open air were them damn bugs can get at it again. I fed it some neem in its water supply and that seemed to help quite a bit actually. I'm just waitin on this mite-rid stuff to get here so i can take the little bastids all the way out. So i'll keep sprayin a bit of neem in the water everytime i fill there supply back up every 4 or 5 days or so. They drink the couple gallons in there and that'll get quicker very soon because there shooting up fast and making new leaves almost daily now. lets just hope this little 45 dollar bottle of mite-rid works as good as ive read about in here. Any other ideas on how to kill these little pests would be awesome. Tanks for the info guys your a big help in this project.

i sprayed them with mite-rid and they look much healthier already after just a few hours. we'll see how they are in the next few days

Its been a week since i sprayed this mite-rid stuff on them. the bugs are gone i think and they look really healthy now :D. They are 29 days old now but might aswell say 30 cause midnight is like 20 minuts away lol. I have some starts in my room right now and i was thinking i wanted to put these ones above them in like a rafter type thing in an old hydro setup from the first grow but they are unknowen plants from seed. There doing much better then these other starts i got tho in my room but both are growing nicely and bug free now. I was thinkin if i could sex them now and then put them back into veg state if thats at all possible. Ifnot then i'll just leave them in this machine to get asbig as possible then move when there big enough to just start on 12/12 heres what they look like at day 29 now

the collective 3 on the left are about 6 inches tall others are about 8 - 12
04-15-08_2129.jpg

the biggest bushiest one has got 5 sets of big branches and 10 sets of little branches for a total of 15 sets on this one little plant and its barely a foot tall. The others i got in my room are lengthy things about 15 to 24 inches tall with 7 big branches and 13 little ones on the biggest one. I want these short bushy things rather then the tall lengthy ones but i dont know if there male or female :( so i'm not sure what to do at this moment
04-15-08_2130.jpg

If I didn't have a whole lot of room, I think I would go 12/12 now. It will put them into flowering and you can determine sex and thin out. Just my opinion.

here they are almost 6 weeks into veg and imma put them on 12/12 today i put 3 of the bigger ones in here to see how well these L.E.D.'s work

04-25-08_2058.jpg

i'll post sumore more pics when they show sex and tell ya what they turn out to be i left 3 back in the areogarden cause they still fit in there and not sure if these led's are gonna work

here they are before i transplanted

04-25-08_1748.jpg

bought them in the master gardener set on there website gives u 3 refils on them and enough nutes to keep your weed goin for a year or atleast 3 crops :)

So after a 3 week vacation i came back and 3 of the 5 plants i put on 12/12 have turned female 1 died and the other small one hasnt shown sex yet. The other 3 are still on veg since they are really small but there much bigger now and ready to be put on 12/12. I'll post pics later when my camera charges and add some more info.

so i got a new job n forgot to take some pics but the 4 outta 5 plants i put up there turned female. the other 1 died. they got pistols coming out of them u cant see cause my camera sucks but they are females for sure and i got 3 more i havent put on 12/12 yet but i will very soon

Back
Top Bottom