Mystery Seeds

Bigvin

So I had a few seeds lying around and thought I'd see what it produces. Should be fun ;)
420-magazine-mobile286497858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile474929367.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1321384705.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1589523319.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2086647890.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2014709338.jpg

Looks like these are all taking off, so far so good.

I am vegging under 2 48" LED T8 and room is covered in Mylar

I will transfer to 3ga smart parts in a about a week. I'll keep under t8 lights in 3ga for about 3-4 weeks, then transfer to my 5x5x6.6 Vivosun tent.

Tent has:
2 LED's
2 48' UVB light
AC unit
50 pint Dehumidifier
Oscillating fan
Carbon filter to scrub air (sealed tent)
CO2
-regulator
-controller
-20lb tank
Will be creating a barrel / auto irrigation
-aquarium air pump (for water circulation)
-submerged pump hooked up to a drip irrigation adapter
-20ga+ barrel / garbage can
-drip lines hooked to drip rings
Plants will be set up in a SCROG, so irrigation is key.

Will update as these girls mature, thanks!

420-magazine-mobile158014687.jpg

Day 5 and seedlings are looking great. Brought the gals up a little closer to the light. We will see how these progress next week. Once I am able to transplant, I will. Then, I will start my topping and getting ready to grow horizontally and fit into my SCROG set up.

420-magazine-mobile375771556.jpg

Day 7:
Looks like they are taking off nicely. I'm about 5-10 days I'll look at transferring to 2ga smart pot. Then the topping and LST...getting ready to put into SCROG

420-magazine-mobile2062178586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile807020425.jpg

Hey Stinky,

On a separate note, these are from another grow I have going. In your opinion, how close am I to harvest...day 56 is Sat and trichs are looking more and more cloudy. I just don't know if they are finished swelling or if I should let them go a bit longer...thanks in advance

Saturday is day 56,making it around 50 days now... Or this past Saturday was day 56? Is definitely wrapping up, I'd say another week for mostly milky trichs and maybe 2 weeks till you start seeing amber become more prevelant. Those buds are very tasty looking, good job with those :thumb: won't be long brother, keep us posted...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ps. If you could get a pic without the LEDs running er could get a better look at finale date.

Today is day 52. I'll post some pics later this week without the lights on. Thanks again!

could you please tell me about the uvb lights? how many watts?

Hey AngryBird,

The Ultraviolet (UV) spectrum ranges from about 100 nanometers (nm) and 400 nm. UVA, from about 315 nm to 400 nm, is an extension of the deep blue light spectrum and is included in most artificial light sources. Some level of photosynthesis occurs in this range. UVB, from about 280 to 315, is somewhat damaging to plants in high levels and causes sunburns on humans. UVC, from about 100 nm to 280 nm is highly damaging to all living things. This is often used in sterilization and killing bacteria.

UVB causes damage in plants in much the same way as it damages human skin, and plants created defenses against UVB in the form of a protein called UVR8.

UVR8 is a protein molecule which senses UV, and then "tells" plant cells to change their behavior. Exactly how UVR8 molecules sense UV was recently discovered and is pretty interesting. UVR8 is what chemists call a "dimer," which simply means that it's made of two structurally similar protein subunits. When UV light hits the two protein subunits in UVR8, their charge weakens and they break apart. To help visualize this, imagine rubbing two balloons against one another. The balloons will stick together because of a static charge. Now imagine the balloons get rained on. The water takes the static charge with it and the two balloons fly apart. In this example, the balloons are the two protein subunits and the rain is UV light cascading down on the plant cell. After the protein subunits break apart, they head to the cell nucleus to deliver their information.

One of these changes caused by this reaction is very important in your cannabis garden. UV stress stimulates cannabis' production of chemicals via the phenylpropanoid pathway, specifically malonyl-CoA and phenylalanine. Why is this important? Because cannabis uses malonyl-CoA to make Olivtol, which it in turn uses to make THC. So finally the specific pathway which increases Cannabis potency when exposed to UV light is understood, and we can use this information to our advantage.

UVB light is already generated by the mercury found in all HID (i.e. HPS and Metal Halide) light sources, but it's typically blocked by the bulb's outer glass jacket. Ordinary glass blocks over 90% of UVB radiation, so UVB levels will naturally be a little higher using open fixtures with no glass lens.

Many growers have been aware of the benefits of UVB and have used supplemental lighting to boost potency. However, be aware, there is a threshold where the damage to yield caused by high level UVB will exceed any benefits in potency, so caution and careful design protocols MUST be used when attempting to supplement UVB. It is also VERY important to be EXTREMELY careful using off-the-shelf UVB sources like lizard lights that are not specifically designed for human exposure, because while sunlight has quite high levels of UVB, the intensity of the sun prevents people from staring straight at it. UVB is invisible, so your eyes can't tell you if they are getting too much UVB from a UVB light source in your grow room, and your eyes and skin can be damaged if the levels are too high. So it's worth repeating: Extreme caution must be observed when using secondary UVB supplementation.

LED Grow lights provide a special consideration when it comes to the effects of UVB on Cannabis THC levels. LEDs are extremely frequency specific, and a typical LED grow light with Blue, Red or even White LEDs will generate absolutely NO UVB radiation. While an absence of UVB does not appear to eliminate THC production, it is now proven that it will reduce the THC levels below those grown under sources with adequate UVB levels.
(Courtesy of California lightworks)

420-magazine-mobile421971726.jpg

Transplanted 5 into 2ga smart pots. I should have waited another day, since the soil wasn't completely dry. When transplanting 2 of them, the soil fell apart near the root. I'm hoping it didn't shock too much, we will see...to be continued

:Namaste: no worries since the roots were not damaged. They will pull through.
:thumb:

Yes! I looked this am and the little gals are settling in nice. I use a root enhancement as well, and I think that worked out quite nice.

420-magazine-mobile2115368084.jpg

Day 13 and day after transplant. Looking mighty, might nice! Especially for being under LED fluorescents. I'll keep them under here until the end of the month...then I'll move to the veg tent.

Back
Top Bottom