N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Hey everyone I think I may have to harvest the Os earlier then I was planning. I found more bud rot on the plants :( Checking around the tent tonight Found 2 more top colas on 2 different plants that had it. I cut one of the effected colas out and trimmed it.
20190810_235255.jpg
20190810_235236.jpg

It has been in flower for nearly 9 weeks has mostly cloudy thricomes wanted to go a bit longer but is it worth the risk? I could keep cutting out the effected buds but not sure that's a great idea. What do you guys think I should do?

That went well mate. nice job. seeing the piranha juice sparked an old memory of a sworn way to have enormous tomatoes and was an age old secret within the tomato competition community. Seeing the skeletel fish it gives a huge clue to the contents of the store bought additive. Tomato growers make a hole as you have then place a raw fish head into the hole and the rootball straight on top. They swore by it and had results to back it up. The breakdown of the bone to its absorbable ise happens within the rootball with the herd feeding on the huge feast right where they need it. !!!
Same process , different way of absorbtion. Will do them a massive favour . I am going to try the fish head very soon with my hope of going to all eco thrive living soil, no-till growing. sick of having to find a good nute that blows crops up when the same is possible with a good , no nutes , all organic , no ph'ing, just watering and the odd tea , grow. phew....lol
should be fun watching the autos too N. great job

Hey everyone I think I may have to harvest the Os earlier then I was planning. I found more bud rot on the plants :( Checking around the tent tonight Found 2 more top colas on 2 different plants that had it. I cut one of the effected colas out and trimmed it.
20190810_235255.jpg
20190810_235236.jpg

It has been in flower for nearly 9 weeks has mostly cloudy thricomes wanted to go a bit longer but is it worth the risk? I could keep cutting out the effected buds but not sure that's a great idea. What do you guys think I should do?
Man that sucks sorry to hear. Good that you caught it now then later. that shit will spread like wild fire. Make sure you disinfect everything 100% or that shit will come back. Salvage what you can and move on.

20190810_235255.jpg
20190810_235236.jpg

ouch !!!! there are ways too deal with it on living plants and stop it dead. I cannot remember how but did read it somewhere about washing the buds affected in water and something without harming the plant . worth a search mate . thinknit was to kill the spore from continuing to survive. ??

That went well mate. nice job. seeing the piranha juice sparked an old memory of a sworn way to have enormous tomatoes and was an age old secret within the tomato competition community. Seeing the skeletel fish it gives a huge clue to the contents of the store bought additive. Tomato growers make a hole as you have then place a raw fish head into the hole and the rootball straight on top. They swore by it and had results to back it up. The breakdown of the bone to its absorbable ise happens within the rootball with the herd feeding on the huge feast right where they need it. !!!
Same process , different way of absorbtion. Will do them a massive favour . I am going to try the fish head very soon with my hope of going to all eco thrive living soil, no-till growing. sick of having to find a good nute that blows crops up when the same is possible with a good , no nutes , all organic , no ph'ing, just watering and the odd tea , grow. phew....lol
should be fun watching the autos too N. great job
Thanks Gg! That was one of the easiest transplants I have done so far. I have seen other members use a little pot to make a hole for the root ball and wanted to try it for myself. It worked great it was the perfect size root ball just plopped in no issues those little root balls have come apart on me before and makes it a pain but not this time.I think the Pirana will be just what the doctor ordered for a good start for these girls. Those old tomato growers have a few tricks up their sleeves we can all lean from I'm sure.The living soil idea is intriguing getting a good mix and just watering with plain ph'd water sounds like alot less work then mixing 7 bottles of nutes like I do now lol.

Man that sucks sorry to hear. Good that you caught it now then later. that shit will spread like wild fire. Make sure you disinfect everything 100% or that shit will come back. Salvage what you can and move on.
Ya it's to bad but I was close to the end so it is what it is. Will probably be taking some down today looks like it has only effected a few buds so it shouldn't hurt the yield to much

ouch !!!! there are ways too deal with it on living plants and stop it dead. I cannot remember how but did read it somewhere about washing the buds affected in water and something without harming the plant . worth a search mate . thinknit was to kill the spore from continuing to survive. ??
I did a bit of looking around this morning and most of the reading I did said to remove the effected plants as they said spraying fungicides or other sprays late in flower can effect the taste and quality of the buds. So it looks like it's the start of harvest day.

I was in the same position as you 2 weeks ago, 7 weeks in. I opted to obviously remove any affected colas and chop some of the larger unaffected colas @7 week. Thereafter I just inspected every cola every day./ I did get 3 more colas affected, 2 weeks on and I am just about to finish chopping. It's a dilemma mate chop unripe buds now or take a chance.

I ran OS and it was fantastic well over 1 gram per watt of very dense bud and a great smoke, quite different from anything I have smoked for a while.

I was in the same position as you 2 weeks ago, 7 weeks in. I opted to obviously remove any affected colas and chop some of the larger unaffected colas @7 week. Thereafter I just inspected every cola every day./ I did get 3 more colas affected, 2 weeks on and I am just about to finish chopping. It's a dilemma mate chop unripe buds now or take a chance.

I ran OS and it was fantastic well over 1 gram per watt of very dense bud and a great smoke, quite different from anything I have smoked for a while.
Hi Fartoblue and :welcome:
It will be 9 weeks for these plants in 2 days so I feel pretty confident that they are close to done. I will probably harvest the effected plants first and kind of take it from there.
The Os is an awesome strain grew very fast in veg and grew big dense flowers smells amazing. This was my first Barney's strain loved it so much that I will be growing some more can't wait to see how they will turn out

I am a big fan of Barneys. I grew their Blue Gelato which was very stable and a very heavy yielder, nice smoke but I prefer OS as a smoke it is just different. I am currently growing their Purple Punch. The only disappointment I have had with Barneys was their Pink Kush but it was a poor grow all around the only decent yield came from Incredible Bulk in the same room of different strains. I have some of their Strawberry Lemonade curing but it smells quite hazy.

Purple punch looks like a nice strain one I would definitely like to try one day. @ProfessorFlora has a great journal going right now he is growing purple punch as well as some other Barney's strains definitely worth a look. I am also growing Gorilla Zkittlez I just transplanted them out of the pots I spouted the seeds in into 1 gallons looks like it will be a good one.

Shed had some mold issues as well recently and applied something on his. My memory isn't a strong trait of mine but I think he said it didn't get any worse. I don't think he was convinced it helped. Pointless message I know but I had to type something because I just smoked a bowl.

Hey Sauga I do remember shed mentioning a spray he used and like you I can't remember what it was. going to harvest 1 or 2 of the plants with the rot tonight. I think it will be better to have it less crowded in the tent so the plants without rot can get some better airflow to try to keep it from spreading.

Hey 420
I pulled one of the plants out tonight and harvested it. The plant was the only one in a 3 gallon pot I had it in the middle of the tent. One of the main colas had a small amount of rot it was fairly easy to cut it out. Overall it was a nice plant to trim had 4 main tops and quite a few good size secondary branches and very little popcorn bud.
20190811_200641.jpg
20190811_200622.jpg

20190811_222856.jpg
20190811_220744.jpg
20190811_222956.jpg

My wife took most of the trimmed bud shots she has a much steadier hand then I do lol.

After taking the plant out it opened up alot more room in the tent so I could spread the plants out better and added a tower fan to get more air movement . The buds were dancing around from the added air flow giving me the confidence that I should be able to run these a little longer.

Very nice flowers N420. That's a great yield for a 3 gallon. Congrats on the harvest man.:passitleft:
Thanks Sparkey! I have grown in 3 gallons with my last 2 grows but thought I would try 5 gallons this time just to see the difference, the grow shop only had 4 5 gallons when I bought the pots so I just put the 5th in the 3 gallon. It worked out well their is no way I could fit all the plants in 5gallons in the tent.
Congrats N! Looks like some good meds. Tell your wife she did a great job!
Thanks Mr. S! The Os produced some pretty nice buds and most of them a good size Looking forward to taking the rest down. The wife is alot better with the camera then I am she only rolled her eyes a little when I asked her to take the pics so I could post them lol

Shed had some mold issues as well recently and applied something on his. My memory isn't a strong trait of mine but I think he said it didn't get any worse. I don't think he was convinced it helped. Pointless message I know but I had to type something because I just smoked a bowl.
If my Dad had boobs he would have been my Mum ! #MeToo Mr Sauga. lol

Hey 420
I pulled one of the plants out tonight and harvested it. The plant was the only one in a 3 gallon pot I had it in the middle of the tent. One of the main colas had a small amount of rot it was fairly easy to cut it out. Overall it was a nice plant to trim had 4 main tops and quite a few good size secondary branches and very little popcorn bud.
20190811_200641.jpg
20190811_200622.jpg

20190811_222856.jpg
20190811_220744.jpg
20190811_222956.jpg

My wife took most of the trimmed bud shots she has a much steadier hand then I do lol.

After taking the plant out it opened up alot more room in the tent so I could spread the plants out better and added a tower fan to get more air movement . The buds were dancing around from the added air flow giving me the confidence that I should be able to run these a little longer.
wow , very nice harvest there mate. mould or not they look damn good. Towers are excellent at pushing through the whole structure N. I have clip ons and an old 12" desk fan but they only move in a funnel but the tower added so much more through-flow. good thinking mate. fingers crossed it dies off quickly now. great work

wow , very nice harvest there mate. mould or not they look damn good. Towers are excellent at pushing through the whole structure N. I have clip ons and an old 12" desk fan but they only move in a funnel but the tower added so much more through-flow. good thinking mate. fingers crossed it dies off quickly now. great work
Thanks Gg! The Os has been a real treat and yours are looking great as well. I have the same in my tent 2 clips and one small fan on the floor they are ok but the tower is much better just had it laying around not doing anything so put it in there.It makes a huge difference for air flow have it propped up on a small bucket blowing right through the center of the canopy.

Back
Top Bottom