Need help from the gurus

Dranoel

Greetings,

A friend of mine... has asked me to ask you....

Does anyone have an idea of what this problem could be, as depicted in the photos attached. My friend, says it could be phosphorous deficiency, but he is not sure.

IMG_4769_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_4768_-_Copy.JPG

I thank you in advance, for any assistance that you might provide.

Nod

Re: Need help from the gurus...

I agree with shottafire. Looks like insect damage.
Can you get magnification on the underside of those leaves to look for mites, etc.
< DISCLAIMER: Not a guru >

i will give you a third on that and also give you the bad news that the black dots are bug poo. Looks like a leaf miner to me.

Bingo I believe we have a winner. Give this young lady a cigar.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
I do believe she is right on all counts
Black dots would be the dreaded insect poo and the light colored damage to the leaves is where they have eaten there way through your plant.

Greetings again.

My friend did a better inspection, and found these tiny little bugs. Green transparent wings set into back like a peaked roof. Narrow, they move fast, but seem disinclined to fly. Body very flexible. Black eyes bugged out from side of head...photos below. My friend said he did his best with cheap camera and cheap magnifier.

IMG_4771_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_4770_-_Copy.JPG

Thank you again, for the assistance.

Well, now you know what you're up against. That's half the battle.

thrips ? young ones perhaps ?

Oh no, what to do now. My friend is having a cry now....

Greetings,

I want to thank everyone for their input on helping us solve this problem.

So is there a consensus here as to what bug killer, commercial or otherwise, that he could use that is organic, non toxic, effective and permissible for use in flowering stage ? While being available in Europe ?

You can use Spinosad for Thrips as well as leaf miners and it is completely safe to use during flowering stage. Keep in mind that when you do your treatment you will need to treat the foliage AND the soil at the same time. It is a bacteria that is only harmful to insects and not to humans or animals.

You can use Spinosad for Thrips as well as leaf miners and it is completely safe to use during flowering stage. Keep in mind that when you do your treatment you will need to treat the foliage AND the soil at the same time. It is a bacteria that is only harmful to insects and not to humans or animals.

I have read this, could you provide more information ?

"Several hundred lozenges at Mountain High were quarantined after inspectors found their labels listed the pesticide spinosad, an insecticide that is slightly toxic to humans, according to Dan Rowland, spokesman for Denver's office of marijuana policy."

And Spinosd is not listed on this directory of safe pesticides for marijuana use.

Plants | Department of Agriculture

I am not trying to be a tool, I am just trying to help my friend as best I can. Thank you for your help.

Thrips. I have suffered at the hands of these little buggers. I used a mix of neem and rosemary oils, a drop or 2 of soap and warm water. I hit my plant hard with a sprayer at lights out every 3 days for a couple of weeks.

Could you provde me the ratios of water, soap, rose oil, and neem oil that you used ?

Once again, thank you for your help

I do note that both Neem and rosemary oil are on this list of approved pesticides....

Plants | Department of Agriculture

Back
Top Bottom