New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal Experience Ever Smoking!

erwqew

Let me begin by saying I am totally new to this, not only have I only smoked several times but I am starting a hydro on first go. So here it is and I will be putting up pictures asap. Please stay tuned I really appreciate all of everyones input good or bad!!!!!

What strain is it? Blueberry Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Mostly Indica (Indica/Sativa 80/20) dating to the late 1970 s. Large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and blue hues, usually cures to a lavender blue.

Very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. Produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high. Highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. "Blueberry" Long shelf-life, stores well over a long period.

Height 70-100 cm Flowering time 45 - 55 days
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetative
If in Veg... For how long? Set seeds in Rockwool @ 9 am on April 27th
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor all the way
Soil or Hydro? Hydro all the way
If soil... what is in your mix? N/A
If soil... What size pot? No soil but 1" x 1" cubes to 4 X 4 cubes to 5" baskets with the pellets under that!!!
Size of light? 2 X 43 watt 6500K 2700 Lumen CFL's, 1X 4ft at 5 feet above with 32 watt grow lights.
Is it aircooled? Yes 70 CFM exhaust to room , no intake air, 12 inch set to low blowing on all three, for stem structure
Temp of Room/cab? 75 @ day 70 @ night
RH of Room/cab? 60 Tonight
PH of media or res? 6.2
Any Pests ? No, I am divorced
How often are you watering? Just started tonight or actually set to start @ 6 am. 4 times a day
Type and strength of ferts used? Holland secret @ 340 PPM to start + Hydrotech "Bee One" 1/2 strength.

The room is 4X3X8 = 96 sqft.
I have a air pump that comes on with the water pump that runs for 30 minutes 4 x a day. Gotta wait for more roots then will bumb it up.

GOing to work on the photos of my Ebb and Flow system, Cheers all.
Thanks for looking!!!!:reading420magazine:

So thats it so far I would have started earlier but I only found this site a few days ago. Really want to get into sharing and learning with everyone.

Re: New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal experience Ever Smoking!!!!

Great to have you here. Welcome to the forums. Ill be looking forward to following your grow, especially since it is Blueberry Kush, mmmmm. Good luck.

P.S. 4x3x8=96 cubic feet. lol you have 4x3=12 square feet. lol. Just helping you out so you dont overbuy lighting because if you had 96 square feet you would need like, lets say 3000 Lumens min per square foot x 96 square feet. That would = like 280,000 Lumens to cover all your grow room. To put that in perspective 42 WATT CFL's are about 2800 Lumens. So that would be like 100 or so 42 WATT CFL's.

With your 4x3 space giving you 12 square feet, if you go minimum on lighting, 3000 lumens per square foot, to cover the entire space you would need 36,000 Lumens, which would be between 12-13 42 Watt CFLs giving you a total of 546 WATTS. Now if you are only using like half the space, or your plants are only taking up half that space and you are not using the entire 4x3 space then you could cut the lighting down some from what I just suggested.

We will need a little more info on your lighting. How many Tube 32 WATT grow lights are you running? From what I can tell you have a 1 x4 foot fixture of lights so anywhere from 3-5 Tubes? Since Flourecents run cool you can put them closer to the plants. If you have those tubes 5 feet above the plants they are probably going to stretch like crazy to reach up for that light, you may want to lower it some and raise them as your plants grow taller. You may also want a little more lighting, especially for multiple plants. Maybe a few more CFL's or Tubes? If your trying to fill that entire space with plants your going to need a minimum I would say of 550 Watts of lighting to light the entire grow room. Im sure when we see the pictures we can help you more.

How many plants?
How big are you planning on making them?

One of the problems with CFL's and Tubes is they dont penetrate real deep into the plant to provide it with lots of light, but to make up for that you can place CFL's and Tubes close to the plants because they run a lot cooler then say, HID's which can really burn the plant if they are closer than 1 foot from the plant.

Sorry to scrutinize your lighting there just trying to make sense of what your set-up looks like and trying to help you out as much as possible.

One more thing, there is so much information on this site and so many smart people, I know that you are going to find success. Just look around the forums, especially in this grow forum, there is so much information on here that can be of use to you.

Goodluck.

dc543,
Man, am I glad you stopped by. Obviously you red my post, of course it is 12 sq ft, thank you for correcting me.

My lights, A twin tube 32 watt four footer
I just picked up 2 x 42 watt cfl's to add to that
these are hanging just above my young plants by about 3 inches, i am scared of the stems as you mentioned. but this 4 foot x 2 tubes@ 32 watts each is like 5 feet above the others. Figured it might be extra light for the heck of it. COmments Please on that!!!

I am trying hard to get my pictures up , please hang in there, lol

I know when i get them up , you will get a better idea of what I am talkin about .
thanks alot

DSC001092.JPG

DSC001054.JPG

Okay, so is there any way you can lower the tubes so that they are very close to the plants? Or maybe raise the plants and the CFLs up to the tubes? I think the tubes are just too far away to be of much benefit right now. Instead of 5 ft, maybe 2-5 inches is what I'd be shooting for. In that space I'd also think about more lighting power overall too.

Glad to hear you have no pests on your hands! LOL!

Babies are looking great! Good luck!

With 3 plants your going to need a bit more lighting. Id do what ganga mentioned. Move your plants up to the tubes and as they grow slowly start lowering them. But you are going to want to invest a little more into lighting. It will pay off in the long run to have adaquet lighting for each plant. Your going to want to get some more CFL's or some more tubes. Your doing a good job making use of the light you do have now though, especially with all the reflectors and lining your room with that reflective material, but that isnt going to make up for lack of lighting. Your plants look good though, I would just pick up some more CFLs to add to your setup.

You may want to read the CFL tutorial that Roseman has going over in growroom-> growers forums->

Here is the thread he started. CFL Light Tutorial

As you can see from that thread 26 Watt and 42 Watt CFL's are your most efficient bulbs. 26 Watt daylight bulbs are pretty cheap to buy as well, I can get a 3 pack at Menards for cheaper than I can buy 1 42 Watt bulb. Basically its your choice if you have the room for all those bulbs, imo. You may also want to read some of the others journals and how they utilized CFL's to their best. Especially if you want to go Tubes and CFL's all the way through flowering as well.

Also right now your lighting seems good, but you will need more lighting once your plants start to grow bigger, and they are nearing that stage where they just want to take off so planning for more lighting now would be a good idea. Other than your lighting, your setup looks really good and so does your plants. Just keep the pictures coming as they grow up or if your having any troubles with them, Im sure some more experienced growers will come to help you out and get your questions answered.

Thanks so much for taking interest in my plan DC and Gang.
The 4 ft is going by by till I need it for the momma plant at some point.
Going back to the Depot in the am and getting another 4 2700 lumen CFL's That;s 6 total and give me around 3000 per square foot.
I will keep the pictures coming as they start to giver, I so cant wait for that to hapen, its been a slow week with them. The calm before the storm, the light will help i am sure.

thanks guys, happy growing

I'm liking the pictures so far, we can pretty much compare our plants since they are almost near the same growing stage! I just checked out the blueberry kush strain and my oh my did it look tasty!

It does look pretty sweet thats for certain, gotta have some height control thought I think

Just went and did this a few minutes ago:
DSC001194.JPG

What are your thoughts?
I also just started another 2 for an outdoor project, lol . Awwww good times.

first-ever-grow.190566

Just to give an idea as to where the CFL's are at for height, 43 watt 5600 k 2700 lumen?
Going to add another set today maybe 2 sets:theband:

Good day everyone Last nights readings and activity:
Named the girls, Daisy, Stella and Sleeeping Beauty
Daisy Still looking like she has a slight curl up on her leaves.
Turned the fan up to the second speed, working to strengthen up those stems
Left front door open slightly, thinking it may help get some fresh co in there, the curling problem
Ph found @ 6.7 Left @ 5.9
RH 50 percent
room Temp 70 F
PPM 371

Leaving town for a week here soon and am concerned that they hit a grow spurt and climb to the lights while I am out, so I will have to raise the lights to 4-5 inches. dont want to but dont want them growing into the CFL either.

If they do stretch and you dont like how tall they are getting you can always LST them. Below i will post a link, PM Tunes sometime if you need help, from what I can tell from watching his grows is he is like the master of LST at this point. LOL. But seriously your girls might add quite a few inches when your gone, and simply raising the lights will just cause them to stretch to reach up for more light. Basically they are going to grow no matter where you put the lights. The best thing you can do is to start training them once they get a little bigger.

Your plants arent quite there yet to start LST though, give them another week or so and they should be right there. As a matter of fact, use descretion when reading this, but you may want to try it. I dont want to be responsible for getting you to do something your not comfortable doing, because you need to be very very gentle doing it, or you could stress the plant out, and when you stress a plant out they tend to turn Herme or worse, male. But if you follow Tunes step by step Tut, you shouldnt have a problem. Just dont do anything your not comfortable doing, bending the stem will seem scary. I cant stress it enough though, read it thoroughly over and over, try not to miss any details because you dont want to make a mistake and break stems or rip out the root, but like I said you seam eager and seem to know what your doing so just do your homework read into it, and decide for yourself if that is the route you wish to choose. You dont have to do it, some have found great success and some havent, try to find other forum threads by doing a search to see what problems people have had when doing LST, you dont want to just go on 1 persons experience try to get an idea of what can go wrong, so if it happens you can fix the problem right away. Because if you have a problem with your plant it might take some of us a couple days to respond, by that time your plant might really be hurting.

You might also want to search in the forums for threads where people have had questions such as yours. Will my plants be ok if I leave for a week? Try to make yourself a little more knowledgeable before your leave, because lets say you leave and you come back and you do have a problem, well if you know what problems might arise from leaving you will know which questions to ask, or even better you will already know what the problem is so you can do the damage control as soon as you walk in the door, instead of waiting another day or two for someone to respond.

Again goodluck, I like what you are doing with your setup, putting the reflective material under the plant like that, everything looks good so far and those extra lights should pay off big time in the end. Have fun on your vaccation and I wish your plants the best.

Here is that link to how to LST your plants, if you go that route:
LST How to do

dc534:
Dude man I cant thank you enough for all your help man, some people are put here to help others and I feel as though that is why you sent me this message. Most certainly I think that LST is the way to go for me, when I get home I will post more picks and you can let me know what you think. Ladies did great today again and I think Sleeping Beauty is just a little sleeping, lol, everyone else is happy with the new light.

Check it out!!
How close is to close????? - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
:thanks:

Todays post will be much easier as little has changed, but one thing, stay tuned!!!!!

PH was found at 6.2 and was left at 5.5 due to upcoming one week away, I am trying to compensate for the daily increase in PH. WTF!!!!!

RH was 45 till I painted and it slammed to 65, lol Apparently water based paint has water in it , lol
Ambient temp is a solid 71 F and Thats either good or bad, but better than crazy fluctuations

PPM has rizen Why is that, I never added nutes but it when up today , thinking it is the clay pellits, light , whatever,
ReZ temo for the first time is a wopping 65 F , sweet.

Good work on being on top of the PH issue, I dont think it is a real serious at this point. How do the roots look so far? Are you close to start feeding them Nutes yet or were you going to wait a little longer? Id always go a little light on the first feeding cycle and build up to a heavier one. I think your plants look pretty good so far. Keep up the good work.

Beckernova, thanks for the words but this really is my first try at it all, I have been known to go a little overboard on things from time to time on the detail end of things.

DC , thanks alot man for sure I am giving it all I got while I am there and only hope that somewhat comps for when I am away.
The setup I have is 4 x 4 rockwool blocks over the pellets and I cant see any roots growing out into the pellets yet , but am awaiting that for sure, should se somthing by the time I get home in a week.
As far as nuts go I started them on on a little, just to get them used to it, my tap water is at 190 and I added enough to get it 360 ppm . Ease them into thigns till I see the roots and get a little more trust in my system before I crank slowly into a 500 ppm. Go from there each week till i can get to the 1000-1200ppm.
So I added another 2 43 watt 6500k 2700 lumen CFL's before I left , some guys here told me I may need more light, Thanks in most parts to that CFL tutuorial in here.
DSC001213.JPG

Back
Top Bottom