New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal Experience Ever Smoking!

thats a pretty sweet mold prevention setup you got there looks like your doin petty good for your first time.....im trying it for the 1st time myself just planted back in april

Just got home today and am totally excited from the progress my three hopeful ladies have done.
The stems have really come along way this week and it obvious.
Here are the new pictures and I will update what I did on my first night home after this.
Thanks for looking
DSC001332.JPG
DSC001321.JPG
DSC001312.JPG
DSC001302.JPG
DSC001283.JPG
DSC001273.JPG
DSC001262.JPG

Here are the details fro the week,
As found:
Temp 74 F
Humidity 45 %
Res temp 67 F
PH 6.0
PPM 444

Dumped that res and started this,
ppm 680
ph 6.0
Res temp 84F ( a little high but will come down)

changed watering to 6 x a day during light hours , so every 4 hours from 6 am to midnight, each cycle is a half hour

Things noticed this week:
Stems have really got thick this week , awesome for me
Roots are getting into and extending past the pellets, and they look good.

Problems are the standing water, I ask everyone here please let me know what to do , where to get it and how to avoid this big problem of standing water as my roots will be close to that level soon. Thanks alot for looking and I will update daily for another 7 days.

wow they are starting to take off now. look at all that new growth. Your doing a great job, I am glad to hear that after a week of leaving them you came home to seeing that. They certainly look to be doing quite well. Look at the root system, that surely has developed nicely. your starting to develop those nice big fan leaves too. Overall you are doing a great job. Keep it up man. As far as the standing water question, sorry unfortunatly I am unable to be of much help, I am an outdoor soil person myself. I know to immersing your plants in water will kill them though because roots need O2. So perhaps a bubbler of some sort, you know get some airation to the roots. As long as they arent completly immersed though I think you should be ok, just check and drain the standing water so it isnt drowing your plants. Its a good thing you did catch it though, sounds like you really know what you are doing when it comes to dealing with potential problems, your deffinetly right on top of all the major and even minor issues.

If you are really worried about standing water, like I said you can pick up some air bubblers at a pet supply store in the fish section, but I am sure there are ones made specifically for hydroponics at the local hydro store. Probably cheaper at a pet store though and pretty much accomplishes the same thing. Just a suggestion if you are really worried about the water issues.

Hey DC thanks man for checking in, and for the support , I appreciate it man.

The water issue is like a 1/4" on the bottom of the blue flood tub after each water on cycle.
I am not even sure if it should be a concern or not, I have an air bubbler in the rez that comes on with the water pump each time.

I just had heard that standing water of any sort is an issue.
Thanks for the input. How are things going for you, you have something going at the moment, if so send me the link so i can take a look man
Cheers

June 2nd
All is good in the grow area.
Temp 74
Humidity 47%
PH 6.9
PPM 598
Res Temp 68

Adjusted PH to 5.8 and also got a new fan from Wally Mart today, its alot smaller and clamps on anywhere, and less NOISE!!! Other than that things are going good a and I am starting to think of how to sex these things, clones or put them in bloom?

Lots of research to do in regards to that, so I will b busy reading and trying to figure out what is the best way to approach that.

Cheers everyone and thanks for your interest in my first grow:peace:

June 3rd, Happy Birthday to Me, lol, what a great day I had today, I have the best daughters in the whole world, I got great vibes from them all day.

At any rate here is the info for the day, being my birthday and all I got myself some new gifts. Check it out!!!
DSC001342.JPG

Thats four new 2700K 1600 Lumen 23 watt CFL's
For a grande total of:
18800 lumens
260 watts
4 x 2700k
4 x 5600k
I also bought a new pump today that kicks some serious water, good deal to, 30 bucks, check it out
DSC001352.JPG

Other than that this is how things are looking today:
Temp 70 F
Humidity 55% (painted again)
PH 6
PPM 606
Res Temp Steady at 68 F

Was also getting a little concerned on some fan issues, I think i am over doing it with speed or to much direct wind, the leaves are kinda dry looking and curling slightly.
I have re-directed the fan to blow up and into the lights a little more, hopefully removing heat and providing new CO2 to the ladies.
Suggestions on the fans would be great here!!!!!

All that said and done, lights I think are a good addition, and I really like the new pond pump I added, it is fast and reliable I would hope.

Thanks for checking in and please anyone feel free to hit me with any suggestions or good or bad feedback, I have strong shoulders and need you people to be critical of me.

Cheers and thanks

Well hobble, I am confused as shit at the moment, I got so many options at this point and not sure where to turn.
I got lots of space upward as you can see, I may just let them be or possibly top them shortly.
Was just speaking with one of the pros on here and he said to 12 and 12 them now.
Take a clone first and get going on the sexing part of things.

HMMMMM, what do you think bro, not sure what to do at the moment?

Thanks for the positive comments man, I will be looking in on yours all the time, I gotta front row seat.

I'd agree with that actually, if you have plenty of grow space I'd top them soon, and let them grow wild! Make a bush of a plant, why not. however I don't think I'd start 12/12in em yet, they might do better if you let them get to a better stage for flowering before you force them into it. I'm not positive though, but its something to look into.

oh, and I've notice my plants like to listen to dubstep, they sway even more and quiver and dance whenever its playing, its a beautiful sight haha. This is lookin good man, I'm gonna have to try a Hydgrow after I harvest these!!

I just threw a bag of popcorn in the microwave because this is such a good show! thanks for bringing me along for it bro.

Yeh Hobble, I got some time before I flower them, clarification on an earlier message says to do it when they are at 3 feet or so and when the branches stop growing out beside one another, thats a tell that they are fully mature, Reps to Roseman, for the great info.
Thanks alot for agreeing with the top, its happening tonight, I cant wait to see what happens to them.
Will post pictures shorlty after its DONE!

hey i noticed the ph meter, it looks like one on ebay thats pretty cheap. i was wondering what you thought about it if its a decent one or not. thanx for reply g.l. with your grow

Hey there js , that ph meter was cheap, like 20 bucks cheap. So far it is working pretty good, kinda tough to calibrate, but as I understand it most of them are.
I would recommend that meter for certain. I could only compare it to the test strips I have here but it seems very close.
Cheers, thanks for checking in

I just made another light fixture for my plants, I used a wall mount and an extension cord haha. but hopefully it will give them the light they need. I can't wait to see what progress your plant makes after the top, it should be very interesting to see. My buddy called me about Cozmo, said he's growing straight up again but now you will hopefully get to see its progress. I'm going to be leaving them till sunday but I think they should be fine and hopefully I get to see them tonight. I'll update you as soon as I can though.

Hobble, you should post a picture of said light, I would like to see it man. Did you get the 6500k from Home Depot or Lowes down there I suppose?

Here is my input on my stuff for the day!!!

I went ahead and topped Stella tonight and I am kinda freked about it, I hope that I did good, here is the pictures!!!
DSC001401.JPG

Just before I went and hurt my baby!!!!
DSC001391.JPG

Actually this was just prior, lol AHHHHHHHHHH
DSC001422.JPG

This is obvious, but still sad
DSC001465.JPG

And this is the post action on that one, I read Roseman's post about a million times before I did the deed and I hope I am correct, poor little thing.
June 4th
At any rate that is that and here is my usual input for the day
First I changed my water schedule tonight, I realized that I made a mistake the first time and the last water on cycle was just after lights out.
0600-0630
0945-1015
1230-100
1615-1645
2000-2030
2345-2400
That should be more even
RH 50 %
Temp 76F
PH 6.2
PPM 555
Rez temp 66F

Went ahead and adjusted the PH and over did it for the first time and it went down to 4.9, made another adjustment up and it is sitting at 5.6. Trying not to get sloppy here but its a good warning to take things slow, Like a fine women you gotta have respect and take you time with it.
The leaves look alot better tonight since I moved the fan last night and I am amazed at how quick these little buggers react to different things.
Thanks for checking in and happy growing everyone

Wow very good. I hope someone answers. I think you took more off then I did and you are probably correct. That is the best cut picture I ever saw. I may have been to shy when topping.

Back
Top Bottom