New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal Experience Ever Smoking!

DSC00160.JPG

New Growth on Daisy
DSC001592.JPG

New growth on Stella
DSC001553.JPG

New light and reflector, As per everyones recommendation I have upped the lighting once again
I now have a total of 8 x 43 watt 5600K 2600 lumen lights
4 x 23 watt 2700K 1600 Lumen lights
3 reflectors
Thats a total of 27200 lumens, I hope its enough for a bit, jeepers those are getting a little pricey

Thats it , thats all , wish my girls luck for my week gone

New light and reflector, As per everyones recommendation I have upped the lighting once again
3 reflectors
Thats a total of 27200 lumens, I hope its enough for a bit, jeepers those are getting a little pricey

Thats it , thats all , wish my girls luck for my week gone[/QUOTE]

Good job on the lights, overfill the res, they'll use a bunch while you're gone.

Thanks for the input FPF, and funny you should say that at the same time. If there was one thing I would change on my setup its the rez size. ITs a little small, especially when these start to grow at all in size. Next shift at home I am going to have to up the size on the 5 gallon that I am using a the moment. I wish they made a 7 gallon bucket, lol.
Regardless if anyone has a good idea how to make 2 x 5 gallon buckets one rez by stacking them that would be nice to know.
Thanks FPF , take care.

Thanks for the input FPF, and funny you should say that at the same time. If there was one thing I would change on my setup its the rez size. ITs a little small, especially when these start to grow at all in size. Next shift at home I am going to have to up the size on the 5 gallon that I am using a the moment. I wish they made a 7 gallon bucket, lol.
Regardless if anyone has a good idea how to make 2 x 5 gallon buckets one rez by stacking them that would be nice to know.
Thanks FPF , take care.

Yes, you'll have to watch the growth. Remember, when you go to flower they will double and possibly triple in size. Growing too big with out enough room is a big problem lots of us have. You should have seen my first grow, they were really shoe-horned in there. Next grow I put half as many in and got twice the production. It's a balance you have to learn, few get it right the first time, I sure didn't!

DSC00160.JPG

New Growth on Daisy
DSC001592.JPG

New growth on Stella
DSC001553.JPG

3 reflectors

Thats it , thats all , wish my girls luck for my week gone

did you start that seed in the soil the same day you started the hydro grow?
That would be a great comparison pic, if you did.

Nice job. Measure a few ten gallons res. They are all shaped slightly different and maybe one will fit. I have found some are almost the same size as different sizes. Sometimes they just add an inch or so in height instead of width.

FPF, you make an excellent point regarding the size thing. The biggest issue for me now is to know at what size I can take a clone for sexing. It is possible I have 2 males there and could ditch on this right now. At that point I am thinking that at 16 inches or so I would switch them over to our bloom cycle. Any thoughts at all on the clones would be great, there are some nice sized, healthy 3 leavers on there already?

Roseman, if you can believe and I am sure you can, those where started on the same date and time, it really blows me away at the difference in size there. I suppose you are right on the comparison, what would you suggest I do to get the word out?

Alien, this is a great idea for certain, this is so easy to change this rez out, although whats funny about this one is that there is a big black pipe that leads right into the sewar system just left of the stand. That will make emptying the rez easy.
Where to find a rez that works is tough, limited access to anything other than the regular Home Depot, Lowes, kinda places. I will maybe look online and see what I can find.
If anyone is checking in here and can tell me when I could take my first clones I would greatly appreciate the input.
Have a good on all and smoke one for me as I am at work and can't,lol

Lowes and HD don't have a good variety of storage containers. You need to go to more of a shopping store like walmart, target ect. Those stores sometimes have a few different brands. HD and Lowes is not always the place to go for all your needs. I have gotten very little from those stores. I even got the reflector at walmart. They had both the cheap one and the one with the ceramic fitting. I got my extension cords from walmart as well. Just think of all your local stores and shop them online to see if they have what you want then go to the store and get it. It saves time and gas. The reason I know about the tubs is I have a garage full. I just moved and got rid of the boxes and bought tubs to put the stuff. i noticed that they were all different and started measuring them. I needed a second tub for my grow and picked the size I wanted from the lot of them.

Hope this helps.

I dont think you should take clones until you find out sex, maybe you could and just hope that they are and if not oh well , let them get a foot tall at least before taking any though there wont be many i dont think, they look great very nice color and they like the room there in your doing great i hope there all girls, they are going to take off and start growing a inch or more per day real soon, i like your atmospere here hope you continue to grow for the rest of your life its a great hobby or job anymore and it is phenominal for the soul and keeps you sane. anyhow nice everything and i will keep checking back im interested , thanks

I read a whole thing about clones and it says you take clones and label the plants. If you get a female you keep the clone. If you get a male you toss that particular clone. Sometimes when you can sex them might be in flowering and that would be too late.

I read a whole thing about clones and it says you take clones and label the plants. If you get a female you keep the clone. If you get a male you toss that particular clone. Sometimes when you can sex them might be in flowering and that would be too late.

yep you are wise that is exactly what you should do , you can take clones in flower but you have to veg longer, good call

Lowes and HD don't have a good variety of storage containers. You need to go to more of a shopping store like walmart, target ect. Those stores sometimes have a few different brands. HD and Lowes is not always the place to go for all your needs. I have gotten very little from those stores. I even got the reflector at walmart. They had both the cheap one and the one with the ceramic fitting. I got my extension cords from walmart as well. Just think of all your local stores and shop them online to see if they have what you want then go to the store and get it. It saves time and gas. The reason I know about the tubs is I have a garage full. I just moved and got rid of the boxes and bought tubs to put the stuff. i noticed that they were all different and started measuring them. I needed a second tub for my grow and picked the size I wanted from the lot of them.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely right alien8, I've found Lowes to be very expensive. I shop my local hardware store first, keep the money in my town too! The last place I look are the big chain stores. I support my local businesses.

The babies guys, and damn did I get home in time. My timer quit working like 2 days before I got home
Check it out!!!
DSC001612.JPG

Still look ok but close!!!
DSC001623.JPG

Stella is ohhhhh so happy!!!!
DSC001635.JPG

Daisy come on, looking good
DSC001642.JPG

dirt vs. hydro
DSC001664.JPG

bamp
DSC001694.JPG

Crazy amount of one week root?lol

June 15th 9 weeks Day 63
as found
RH 50%
Temp 74
Rez Temp 64
PH 6.0
PPM 680
I got home to a problem of only having half of my Rez water. The plants and evap. took away 2.5 gallons in a week, I need to figure out a bigger Rez this week for sure.
Did the REz change immediatly
New Rez
Same temps and humidity
Added 25 ml of Micro, 29 mls of grow and 15 ml of bloom, 20ml Bee One
PPM 809
PH 6.1

The pictures of the week are posted above and they are looking alright, but growing extremely fast. Which leads me to more questions!!!!!!!!!

Can I just start topping all over the place now to control the growth a bit, they didnt seem to mind las time?

The lower leaves are kinda weak and I was curious if I could take some of them off to make way for stronger growth up to, if so what do you recommend?

I also got a scary looking thing at the last place I topped them, it looks kinda like nuts just on the one side of the node, I will post a picture shortly, could it be showing a male already??????

Thanks for your input on these questions guys and here is a few comparison pictures from last week to seven days later.
DSC001612.JPG

This is on June 15th
DSC001372.JPG

This was on June 7th

I hope it isn't male. Yes you can top all over. The topping didn't cause the balls if that is what it is. I had two of my plants show sex very early this grow. They were still in veg, one was female one was male. The rest of the males didn't show till flowering.

One of the plants was my OBW that showed six early. MY ww which I chopped for the last two days showed female weeks into flowering. She was a very slow grower but some of it was my fault.

Look at the baby dirt plant compared to the huge hydro plants hehe. They look fantastic especially since you aren't home a lot. Keep up the good work.

thanks Alien, and damn you are fast on here. You know what I am concerned they are males, the both of them. I shouldn't be seeing balls like that you know. Its 2 on each plant in the same place. Just wanta be sure before I wack them. I am going to try and get a better picture again. The nodes are not growing opposite either anymore, so they are getting mature. Be back with pictures, thanks for checking in.
DSC001772.JPG

you can see that they are not across from each other here
DSC001785.JPG

Figured if they may be males I might as well get some practice cloning them, lol

Back
Top Bottom