New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal Experience Ever Smoking!

thanks Alien, and damn you are fast on here. You know what I am concerned they are males, the both of them. I shouldn't be seeing balls like that you know. Its 2 on each plant in the same place. Just wanta be sure before I wack them. I am going to try and get a better picture again. The nodes are not growing opposite either anymore, so they are getting mature. Be back with pictures, thanks for checking in.
Figured if they may be males I might as well get some practice cloning them, lol

I really can't see anything that would lead me to believe they are male. And what the heck, if they are both male it won't hurt any to wait and see for sure. They take a bit to produce pollen so you've got time to make a decision.

Okay, more water for the res. Do what I did, get a second res, place it above the lower res, place a float valve like they use in a toilet in the lower to be filled from the upper res.

I have two 27 gallon reservoirs for my aero grow. I'm using about 7 or 8 gallons of water a day, but the lower res is always being topped off by the upper res. When the lower needs water the float valve will go down eventually to the spot where it opens the valve and lets the water in from above. My only question now is do you put nutes in the upper res too? I didn't at first and everything worked fine, I did add nutes the second fill and it began to stink in there after a couple of days. So today I've got straight water in the upper which will of course dilute my res water. But I'm testing with the TDS meter and they aren't eating a ton of food any way so I've decided to add foliar feeding for now, until I hear something different.

FPF, thanks for the idea, so simple yet so smart, the idea is proven daily in our homes to work and I will be doing that tonight.
As for the MALE thing, take a look at this picture and please give me your input guys.
Both plants have these in the same place on both, otherwise there is no sign of other male stuff.
Man the MALE is the worst 4 letter work ever, I will be totally pissed if they are both males.
DSC001875.JPG

Thanks for the quick response everyone

June 15th 9 weeks Day 63
as found
RH 50%
Temp 74
Rez Temp 64
PH 6.0
PPM 680
I got home to a problem of only having half of my Rez water. The plants and evap. took away 2.5 gallons in a week, I need to figure out a bigger Rez this week for sure.

You don't need a bigger rez, bro. You just can't leave them for a week. Daily, EVERYDAY, you're supposed to replenish the missing water and pH test the water. Time they are 3 feet tall, they will drink at least one whole gallon a day, and eat 1/4 to 1/6 the nutes that need to be replenished daily.
Did the REz change immediatly
New Rez
Same temps and humidity
Added 25 ml of Micro, 29 mls of grow and 15 ml of bloom, 20ml Bee One
PPM 809
PH 6.1

The pictures of the week are posted above and they are looking alright, but growing extremely fast. Which leads me to more questions!!!!!!!!!

Can I just start topping all over the place now to control the growth a bit, they didnt seem to mind las time? Topping doesn't control the growth, it increases the growth. Yes, you can top now to inrese the yield.

The lower leaves are kinda weak and I was curious if I could take some of them off to make way for stronger growth up to, if so what do you recommend?
Never remove a healthy leaf. That is like removing someone's colon to help them lose weight!
I also got a scary looking thing at the last place I topped them, it looks kinda like nuts just on the one side of the node, I will post a picture shortly, could it be showing a male already??????
We answered that a few pages back. Even posted pics for you of males nuts.

Thanks for your input on these questions guys and here is a few comparison pictures from last week to seven days later.

DO NOT CUT healthy leaves off.

IF you think they are blocking some lights, then get some paperclips and hold them back, if you insist on doing anything, but DO NOT CUT THE FAN LEAVES OFF.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, When a large FAN leaf starts yellowing, say it is half yellow, that means in the photosynthesis process, that leaf has ate nutrients, absorbed some LIGHT and made food for the plant and buds and NOW, half of that is gone, or used or consumed. Well, what about the other half? Can not it's energy still be used or consumed?
AND when it is ALL consumed or used, that leaf will naturally just fall off.

AND you say it is blocking LIGHT?
GREAT and GOOD, that means it is getting the LIGHT it needs and deserves more than the other leaves do, to do it's job, to make food and grow.

Years ago I tried removing lower fan leaves to allow more Light to penetrate in. When I did remove more than a couple, the plant went into shock for a day or two, and quit eating or only ate half as much, and just went on "stand by" mode. Then, after a day or two, suddenly I saw that big fan leaf replaced by a new leaf, and I saw my plant use the energy to replace that leaf and grow it back FAST to the size it was, more than it used that energy to grow the plant bigger and make more buds or bigger buds.

I now believe that removing fan leaves is pointless, and that a leaf has a purpose and will serve that purpose until it is dead. Then it will naturally fall off. You will have small and large lower leaves just naturally wilt and fall off daily.

Don't ever remove fan leaves before harvest for several reasons.

1. The fan leaves MAKE AND STORE energy for the plant. The fan leaves are doing a process called photosynthsis, and it is the most important part or task or job the plant does, to make it grow. They make the FOOD, the sugars and carbs needed to grow.

If you remove a FAN leaf, the plant will stop growing taller until it can replace that removed fan leaf.

Removing a healthy fan leaf is a big waste of time..they are rapided replaced, unless you are in the last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering.

2. Even if the fan leaves are yellowing in late bloom I do not remove them until they are almost ready to fall off. The yellowing in the fan leaves at late harvest is the plants metabolism at work. She is transferring all stored energy in the fan leaf to bud production. It is the easiest source of energy she has late in life. Let that leaf do its job.

The Wrong reasoning is like "I could run faster if I was lighter and weighted less, so I am going to cut my legs off".

From the Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes:
Leave leaves alone! Removal of healthy leave hacks up a healthy plant. Removing large or shade leaves DOES NOT make plants more productive. This practice DOES NOT supply more light to smaller leaves and growing tips. Plants need all their leaves to produce the maximum amount of chlorophyll and food. Removing leaves slows chlorophyll production, stresses the plant, and stunts its growth. Stress is a growth inhibitor. Remove only dead leaves or leaves that are more than 50 percent damaged.

Roseman, so glad that you are checking in to see my little operation here again and for your input.
The problem is, I leave my home for a week at a time for work, gone a week , home for a week. It has created all types of challenges for certain, but to date it has been working ok. They are on a 16/8 light schedule at the moment and my timer wasn't shot like I thought originally. My feed schedule was running to long and giving them to much nut vers air. My setup is an Ebb and Flow.
I cut the feed time from 15 minutes to 5minutes for 6 times a day. As for the whole male thing, time will tell I suppose, just need everyone to cross your fingers for me.
Earlier I was out and purchased a new rez of larger size, will post once the mods are done. Today I found a great new product from ONO for the house, I will post on Deep Water Culture later, pictures and such. Also an awesome new hydro store that has been on my location forever and I never knew about it, pretty pumped, and they are wicked nice people there to. :thumb:

Roseman, so glad that you are checking in to see my little operation here again and for your input.
The problem is, I leave my home for a week at a time for work, gone a week , home for a week. It has created all types of challenges for certain, but to date it has been working ok. They are on a 16/8 light schedule at the moment and my timer wasn't shot like I thought originally. My feed schedule was running to long and giving them to much nut vers air. My setup is an Ebb and Flow.
I cut the feed time from 15 minutes to 5minutes for 6 times a day. As for the whole male thing, time will tell I suppose, just need everyone to cross your fingers for me.
Earlier I was out and purchased a new rez of larger size, will post once the mods are done. Today I found a great new product from ONO for the house, I will post on Deep Water Culture later, pictures and such. Also an awesome new hydro store that has been on my location forever and I never knew about it, pretty pumped, and they are wicked nice people there to. :thumb:

Now I understand, now I see, I missed you was going and coming.

Yep, what FPF said.

here are the updates from tonight,
DSC001893.JPG

Its a re-organize nightmare
DSC001905.JPG

But I do have a plan!!!!!!!!!!
DSC001915.JPG

Bubble away and provide that life
DSC001944.JPG

This in the cold air return has worked awesome, I may start a thread for this it worked so well, look at the next photo
DSC001935.JPG

It was so damn simple that I could not believe it , no bucket no water , just 1/4 inch holes x 4 in the lid and that was it for smell.
DSC001952.JPG

Sleeping beauty's new home in the AM!!!
DSC001972.JPG

The finished and new place for peace, lol
DSC001102.JPG

Just before the re-organization
DSC001993.JPG

Grow, grow, grow!!!!!!

thanx, i love putting on my shades to watch them,lol
Can we upload videos on here, you should have seen my laddies dancing tonight, it was awesome!!!!!!

Question, two years ago I crossed a Sour Diesel male with a Flo and Blue Dream female. So what I have is Flo/SD and BD/SD cross. I started to use the seeds, plants look great but out of the 50 I started 16 were female and so far 4 have been hermie. Is it common for first year cross to generate hermie and low female ratio? Flo strain from what I read is a great strain to cross with, so I plan for the next 8 years or so to breed a pure Flo again. thoughts? BTW plants were germinated indoors, sexed and placed out doors June 1. All is good so far plants reange from 5 to 10 ft. all in 15 gal pots. 8 to 10 hours of direct Sun.

Skid Mark,
You are seriously asking the wrong guy on that one. This is my first go at any of this and I am by far not the guy to ask as I have no idea. Sorry dude, wish I could help

Question, two years ago I crossed a Sour Diesel male with a Flo and Blue Dream female. So what I have is Flo/SD and BD/SD cross. I started to use the seeds, plants look great but out of the 50 I started 16 were female and so far 4 have been hermie. Is it common for first year cross to generate hermie and low female ratio? Flo strain from what I read is a great strain to cross with, so I plan for the next 8 years or so to breed a pure Flo again. thoughts? BTW plants were germinated indoors, sexed and placed out doors June 1. All is good so far plants reange from 5 to 10 ft. all in 15 gal pots. 8 to 10 hours of direct Sun.

I'd suggest you ask this again in a more appropiate thread. I am not a breeder.

And welcome to 420, bro, I see you're new around here, and we're all very glad you joined us. Do you know how to find the Home Page? Maybe you could start a new thread here on this page and get an answer:
Seeds, Clones & Strains - 420 Magazine

Peace, bro.

Hey there fellow growers, doing my usual Monday night post, as I am leaving in the am for another week. Once again I have done my best to ensure my babies survive yet another week alone. Its a definite chore to try to make certain they make the week alright. I most certainly think that is the reason that this is a slow grow, but as far as I figure better slow than dead. And BTW I had a great day on the golf course and once again rized to the occasion of kicking my best friends ass, doesn't get much better.
But, here is the details of tonights work and changes made.
Topped up the rez and left at the following:
PH = 5.6
PPM = 810
RH = 60 percent
Temp = 76 F
Rez temp = 69 F
DSC002122.JPG

Topped It to the max for level, pending the week away, also drew the line to see how much they drink all week, its getting to be alot I know, but wanna measure and get amount.
DSC002003.JPG

Topped both plants for a total of 16 tops!!! Seems like alot but I did everyone on there for hopes of a wicked result
DSC002013.JPG

Progress on day 69, the best number EVER!!!!
DSC002022.JPG

The left one I am suspect of being male, have been for some time, its bigger, taller and almost for certain I see nuts, but one week from now I will have a better idea I think.
DSC002062.JPG

Sleeping Beauty really did get the royal treatment tonight, new "special nutes", A bigger home made from 1/2 dirt, and a quarter of each of the other stuff, not even going to attempt spelling them Perculite and vermiculite, maybe!!!!!
She also got a new stand to sit atop to catch some better rays, bound to make something of her.
DSC002083.JPG

At the same time also started some of this to her, hope its not to much for the poor thing.
DSC002132.JPG

Last but not least , this stuff, wow is all I gotta say , works like a charm.
The blue stuff smells great and I had it originally in the cold air return of my furnace and it made the whole house smell great but did little to kill the smell in my rec room downstairs. So I tossed it in front of my fan with 4 x 1/4 " holes in the lid this = awesome. I also took some of the white stuff that smells hospital grade and diluted it 50:1 with water and tossed it in a one gallon bowl. So far it is working great and I would imagine the only suspision at my house is why it smells so damn nice, lol

Thats it and thats all everyone, I was a little more blah blah blah tonight, only because I truly am starting to feel like alot of you are friends more than anything else.

That being said , reps to those whom I have rept out on and cannot give more, specificly Roseman, MC, Diesel Farmer, Stink Finger,FPF, ALien 8 and to many more, too many to mention, you all have helped me to get where I am today with this first ever grow.
Your efforts and patience does not go un-noticed and best of luck this coming week.

And in the famous words of one Jerry Springer, "Take care of yourself and each other"
:peace::passitleft::cough::rocker::scratchinghead:

Thanks Alien8, most certainly I hope you are correct in the prep stuff, I am sure you are and I hope to heck things are good for you as well. Thanks for the kind words and checking in!!!!

RM I have a question on topping since we have been seeing a lot of pics lately. The first topping thread I read had just cutting the little pieces off the top way less the the recent ones we have seen both on this thread and another one. Which is right? Was this too aggressive?

Back
Top Bottom