New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Congratulations on the hefty harvest Reg. Beautiful looking buds too. How long do you usually leave them in the paper bag? I actually remembered to pick one up yesterday. Just need one more before harvest.

Thanks about the reminder on back-bud building. Sometime in the next week or so I need to do that.

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

I've tried backbuilding a few times & it's never done anything =/
This is my third time trying it Skunny but the first time documenting it. I never noticed anything before but this time I'll know for sure if it's just doing nothing but wasting a few good trichomes.

Hello Sue. Where have you been hiding out? With the paper bag you go maybe one day longer than you do with hanging. I usually hang dry for about 3 or 4 days. I like my bud a little moist, not so dry to where it breaks in your hands. I've only done the bag method once but liked it. the texture was the same throughout the bud, not how I like it on the outside but still too moist to smoke good on the inside.
I think what happens is instead of the air alone drying the buds the paper bag absorbs the moisture from the buds. Just make sure you leave the top open a little and fit them in there loosely.

I've tried backbuilding a few times & it's never done anything =/

This is my third time trying it Skunny but the first time documenting it. I never noticed anything before but this time I'll know for sure if it's just doing nothing but wasting a few good trichomes.

Hello Sue. Where have you been hiding out? With the paper bag you go maybe one day longer than you do with hanging. I usually hang dry for about 3 or 4 days. I like my bud a little moist, not so dry to where it breaks in your hands. I've only done the bag method once but liked it. the texture was the same throughout the bud, not how I like it on the outside but still too moist to smoke good on the inside.
I think what happens is instead of the air alone drying the buds the paper bag absorbs the moisture from the buds. Just make sure you leave the top open a little and fit them in there loosely.

I'm not sure if either of you have given Light Addicts guide to Bud Backbuilding a look or not, but many people have posted their side by side results of backbuilt and non backbuilt colas, I believe in it and will definitely be trying it out! Can't wait to see your results my friend.

The Bud Backbuilding guide for anyone curious:
LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

LA's the one who turned me on to it.

I can't say much on backbuilding except this. In desperation I'm trying everything to fatten up these airy, wastes of power on my Chocolope..

Look at all these measly things..
IMAG106710.jpg

After I clipped the silly, phallic tip off one(a few days ago..).
IMAG106812.jpg

Still airy as hell but better I think.

-J.

cfl's?
how far?
temps?
Hey BAR plants look Great Brotha :thumb:

cfl's?
how far?
temps?
Hey BAR plants look Great Brotha :thumb:

Hey bro, fancy seeing you over here.. ;)
CFLs, 5x 26w 2700k, 2x 26w 6500k. Temps sitting at around 32C now I've turned my 125w CFL off(after harvesting Purple) and cracked one door. They were at around 40+ with the big guy on.. I turned it off last night as an experiment to see if it helps..

Bulbs/ hood sits 3 or 4 inches away from her tops. Maximum I'd say..

Thanks for any advice guys. More pics over on mine. Sorry once again BrotherBAR. Always with the run through I am.. Haha.

-J.

CFLs, 5x 26w 2700k, 2x 26w 6500k. Temps sitting at around 32C now I've turned my 125w CFL off(after harvesting Purple) and cracked one door. They were at around 40+ with the big guy on.. I turned it off last night as an experiment to see if it helps..

Thanks for any advice guys. More pics over on mine. Sorry once again BrotherBAR. Always with the run through I am.. Haha.

-J.

that might be the problem right there with the thin wispy airy buds
40c is 104f
32c is 89.6 f still a bit high but a lot better than 104f which is way too hot

-J.

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit or 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower. I would place your Compact Florescent Light bulbs 5"-6" from your canopy.

Do throw the fanleafs and the sugarleafs and popcorns together ? It is my understanding that the first are not useful for anything ?

Fan leaves may also contain trichomes depending on the cannabis strain and growing conditions. I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

maybe one day if I got money to ill buy me some bags and try it that way till then my dry screened hash is still damn good :thumb:

REG:wood:Was the the seed put straight into the Hempy pot ?? I am thinking it is more than likely a good way for me to grow:bravo:all of your ladies are looking great :Namaste:Best of days to you my friend:circle-of-love:

I can't say much on backbuilding except this. In desperation I'm trying everything to fatten up these airy, wastes of power on my Chocolope..

Look at all these measly things..
IMAG106710.jpg

After I clipped the silly, phallic tip off one(a few days ago..).
IMAG106812.jpg

Still airy as hell but better I think.

-J.
I'd consider that a top as opposed to back-bud building.

It's open Jaga, come on in.

Back
Top Bottom