New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Fan leaves may also contain trichomes depending on the cannabis strain and growing conditions. I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

that's pretty much how I do it except I don't have a press. :thumb:

Ice_Water_Hash_Setup.jpg

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

This is my third time trying it Skunny but the first time documenting it. I never noticed anything before but this time I'll know for sure if it's just doing nothing but wasting a few good trichomes.

Hello Sue. Where have you been hiding out? With the paper bag you go maybe one day longer than you do with hanging. I usually hang dry for about 3 or 4 days. I like my bud a little moist, not so dry to where it breaks in your hands. I've only done the bag method once but liked it. the texture was the same throughout the bud, not how I like it on the outside but still too moist to smoke good on the inside.
I think what happens is instead of the air alone drying the buds the paper bag absorbs the moisture from the buds. Just make sure you leave the top open a little and fit them in there loosely.

I've been around, just skimming for the most part while I study living soil and the components of a healthy soil community. So much to learn. It's nice to be missed. :love:

Using a bag also keeps dust down as they dry. It's a technique I've used before with herbs. I'm getting close to harvest and need to remember to score a couple large bags at the grocery. I'm getting excited Reg. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Speaking of bag drying...

SPIDER GIRL I /
Harvested on Feb 2

Wet Weight
IMG_00008334.jpg

Dry Weight
IMG_00008526.jpg

Gratz Brotha :circle-of-love:
Happy SHatterday :high-five:

Nice. Just under an oz. Let's see how she smokes. Pretty buds Reg.

Congrats on the harvest Reg....looks yummy as hell:......i just got a critical sensi star freebie....i knew there wasa someone growing it;)lol.....so i will be interested in the smoke report when you harvest her:)....Happy ShatterDaze my friend:)

Congrats on the pretty harvest Reg. lookin good.

Here's a look at the back-bud-building on her where we marked the spot 6 days ago. I don't see much of a difference but keep in mind it's a lower bud site.

Jan 28

IMG_00007754.jpg

Today
IMG_000083601.jpg

I think that bud may be too small Reg. My understanding is that it's used to make the larger buds more uniform in size. Not that they have to be huge, but they may need to be a bit larger than this. That said, I'll be watching closely. If you can demonstrate an increase in size on one so small, think of the potential for a careful micro grower.

I bet you were thinking that all along. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

the critical sensi star freebie I had was pretty damn good

nice harvest :thumb:

Was that final weight when you jarred it, or is it "done"?

I'm asking because I usually end up at ~25% the original weight. You're at about 1/3. Your's seem a little heavy still. Maybe I'm drying too far? It did just occur to me, that my 25% number is from when I grew in the 90's. I haven't done a before and after this century! :blalol: Now that I only dry to 62% rh (I use Bovedas), maybe I'm at 1/3 like you. :hmmmm:

I'm not questioning in a critical way btw. The harvest looks very nice. :goodjob:
I'm just clarifying so my brain knows how to file this data. :winkyface:

Hey my friend!
OK on Bud backbuilding. Now as far as I understand the whole thing with it: It fools the plant into thinking its either been damaged or the bud has hit a barrier. :) The process works on the main tips of main colas! Its a method that uses the plant to provide hormonal messages to the damaged area. The Bud simply back builds and creates denser top colas with a more uniform and presentable appearance. (useful if commercial)
My guess is that as the plants top tips or colas are where a load of the plants message centers are etc and that it works all in conjunction with the same trick as when you fool a plant into thinking all colas are the main dominant one by having them all on the level! (a hormonal trick) :)
Hope that makes sense my friend, so I dont know if lower buds will be effected in anyway by the process, yet i'd guess no where near the way a main top colas would be !

Makes sense. I'll test it in my small xfl tent :)

SPIDER 9 UPDATE​
Feb 9, 2015​

Thanxx Cronic, Sue, Sista D, Dirty, SBG, Cajun, & Hiker.

nice harvest :thumb:

Was that final weight when you jarred it, or is it "done"?

I'm asking because I usually end up at ~25% the original weight. You're at about 1/3. Your's seem a little heavy still. Maybe I'm drying too far? It did just occur to me, that my 25% number is from when I grew in the 90's. I haven't done a before and after this century! :blalol:
I use to end up with around 25% of my wet weight before I found my sweet spot Hiker. This is another great part of growing your own weed for self-indulgence; drying it to your personal preference.
I hate dry crunchy buds and love them just dry enough to smoke (still gooey). I've even got as close as 40% of my wet weight back before but it was still too moist on the inside. From here on out I'll dry with paper bags because for some reason the buds dry evenly throughout the bud unlike they do when I hang dry them. For a Micro Perpetual Grow such as ours paper bags are perfect but unsure if they work the same for larger yields.

Hey my friend!
OK on Bud backbuilding. Now as far as I understand the whole thing with it: It fools the plant into thinking its either been damaged or the bud has hit a barrier. :) The process works on the main tips of main colas!
I see this now LA. All the top colas responded well to the Back Bud Building while I seen no significant difference on the rest.

HARVEST

SPIDER GIRL II (Royal Medic Clone) Day 97 / Day 50 under 12/12

Since her last update she received:
2 feedings of 6.5 PH adjusted tap.

As I've already said, the back bud building worked wonders on the top of each cola but did nothing for the inside buds.
For those that have been following since the beginning of this journal you may remember that this plant didn't receive nothing other than Cal/Mag the entire grow with the exception of a dose of Epsom Salt which she didn't care for and the only issue we ran into was an iron lockout from not lowering our 7.2 PH level tap water one feeding. Other than that this was the easiest plant I've grown to date and Royal Medic is known to be a finicky grower.
This says a lot for Spider9 COB LED and PJ's Organic Soil Mix.

IMG_00008603.jpg

Left to Re-Veg
IMG_00008608.jpg

IMG_00008658.jpg

IMG_00008666.jpg

IMG_00008675.jpg

CRITICAL SENSI STAR (feminized) Day 90 / Day 35 under 12/12

So here she is, the last plant featured in this Twilight sponsored journal.

She started back drinking and since has received:

1 more flush feed which makes two flush feeds in a row

Today:
5ml of Cal/Mag added to 1gal of tap, then PH balanced to 6.5

IMG_00008628.jpg

IMG_00008642.jpg

Gratz on the buds Brotha :thumb:

Oh well done BAR. A nice harvest indeed. The buds look super.
:bravo::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom