New Grower from Canada

TheLSDTech

420 Member
Hello everyone, I had a few DWC questions and figured it was time to join after reading many forum posts.

Using GH Flora series + Orca Premium Liquid
2 Mimosa Evo Feminized seeds from Barneys Farm
4x4 cheap grow tent
1 x LED light (removed name - not sponsored) covers about 2x4 flowering area
2 x 5 gal buckets
2 x 6 inch net pots
1 x air pump
2 x 6 inch air stone
No water pump or top drip
I topped them Wednesday evening
Today-tomorrow is the 1 month mark since planting seeds

This is my first time growing, here are a few pictures of the ladies-
(one had minor nute burn few weeks ago all good now)
119222903_327169091938625_8559504665452907319_n.jpg119783408_328339598493425_5960996980235926131_n.jpgdarkertip.jpg
120845566_1426736047717071_415275556676283985_n.jpg
120801637_367924934393157_4113738435756424024_n.jpg

:welcome:

Thanks everyone

I'll check out the journals in the forum, I documented everything so far so thanks for the idea.

I'm also probably going to need to post in the DWC section but, anyone want to tell me if this looks ok or if I should be worried? (I put the cardboard and tape today and kept the overall temps lower by a degree or two Celsius, was 23 now closer to 22-21, there was light coming through the hydroton so this should help too).

120772921_253634049357905_1282295830650785370_n.jpg

of course you should be worried or you would not be asking,, ha, am i right?? but what do i know,, i am only passive hydro, not full on,,

but,, one wants lilly white,, right,,??

there is that additive , i ferget the number,, everyone uses it, sm97??,nah,,

heya friend,, peace and love from canada
:volcano-smiley:

,, and,, them plants are very 'fat leafed' totally indicaish dominant,,

and,, them plants are 'very' green,, perhaps too green??

just a thot

cheers friend

I've read Hygrozyme can help, I think my local hydro shop has some.

I know hydroguard would help but it's not readily available in Canada for some reason.

I'm suspecting the roots are a little stained from my nutes and maybe the orca. The plants are overall healthy, yesterday I tried to wipe some of the brown off and it didn't feel slimy and some came off.

If it is some kind of algae/root rot would it continue to spread if I fixed my temperature and light leak issues?

Just posting incase someone comes across this post and knows, thanks for your quick response nivek,

take er easy
-the tech

i think hydroguard?? ya, you mentioned hydroguard,, something similar,, i thot it was available in canada tho

absolutely,, with ultimate conditions,,, no additive would be necessary

one thing i have read that is important is temperature,, a low reservoir temp

I've read Hygrozyme can help, I think my local hydro shop has some.

I know hydroguard would help but it's not readily available in Canada for some reason.

I'm suspecting the roots are a little stained from my nutes and maybe the orca. The plants are overall healthy, yesterday I tried to wipe some of the brown off and it didn't feel slimy and some came off.

If it is some kind of algae/root rot would it continue to spread if I fixed my temperature and light leak issues?

Just posting incase someone comes across this post and knows, thanks for your quick response nivek,

take er easy
-the tech
Saying hello to another canuck. Nice looking plants you have going there. You really do want white roots. Although some additives will stain the roots usually this won't wipe off. I use Dutch nutes Sparkle and it works wonders, a squeaky clean res. after a four month grow cycle. Pricy but it goes a long way and is available in Canada.

Hey everyone thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately my local hydro stores are closed on Sunday's, I'll drop in tomorrow and buy some H2O2 to clean out my two buckets and will change out the water at the same time.

I use Dutch nutes Sparkle and it works wonders, a squeaky clean res. after a four month grow cycle. Pricy but it goes a long way and is available in Canada.

I'll have a look and see what kind of products they have available, I didn't see this on any of the local sites, doesn't seem to be available on amazon.ca either. I'm still tempted with Hygrozyme as I know my local shop as some of this.

For now I think my best bet is just clean and sterilize as much as I can and start a new res with new water/nutes. At least I know I fixed my light leak and temperature issues at this point with the cardboard and metal tape.

z9 I believe is the one nivek is thinking of, z7 USA and z9 in Canada.

I've been using a Canadian product call Enzymes Komplete I really like what I'm seeing from it and it is compatible with h202. Oh ya also I only use like 1ml/gal so I'm thinking this should go a long way. It seems to add a ton of air to the water as well.

I'm not DWC but no reason it wouldn't work in DWC, it does and will foam up especially with the bubbler going not to worry though it's not that kind of foam it's all air and will not build up.

I'm a novice but I did pass this on to someone using a high pressure setup and he liked it.

Thanks for the input, at this point all depends on what my local hydro stores have in stock, I'm pretty sure one carries hygrozyme and it seems that really is something I'm missing in my DWC system - enzymes.

I'm using Orca Premium Liquid which has Mycorrhizae and other beneficial bacteria and read some good things about them working together.

We'll see in the next few days how it goes.

Hello everyone, I had a few DWC questions and figured it was time to join after reading many forum posts.

Using GH Flora series + Orca Premium Liquid
2 Mimosa Evo Feminized seeds from Barneys Farm
4x4 cheap grow tent
1 x LED light (removed name - not sponsored) covers about 2x4 flowering area
2 x 5 gal buckets
2 x 6 inch net pots
1 x air pump
2 x 6 inch air stone
No water pump or top drip
I topped them Wednesday evening
Today-tomorrow is the 1 month mark since planting seeds

This is my first time growing, here are a few pictures of the ladies-
(one had minor nute burn few weeks ago all good I'm also new to growing in dwv, so I thought I'd jump in here :) I also started a dwc thread. Plants look nice I found I had some light bleaching happening early on, led lights are easy to place.close and light bleaching shows up slowly over time and looks like a defficiancy.. I thought it worth mentioning as I've grown before but never with led and not in a long time. I'm also in Canada :) I suggest benaficia bacteria for your reservoir, or you may encounter issues down road. I 7se hydro guard since people swear by it, but it's super pricey.. less so than losing 3 months work due to rot imo. I'm growing in a 4x4x 9foot tent and have a2 x 2 x 4 for germ.. what's the cardboard for? So no evap ?

Heres 2 that advanced faster than the others. About 3 weeks from seed.. would have been bigger but did not balance the rock wool ( forgot about that ) so p.h was way off till I remedied it

Attachments

• 20201004_153510.jpg
    20201004_153510.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 16018489458896040088706528211886.jpg
    16018489458896040088706528211886.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Hi... VictoryToker... Love growing on DWC (sorry about the blue lol ) here are a set of UBC Chemo strain plants in 3rd week of veg, Growing under 1000w LED and in 3 gallon res with two air stones in each res, The reason I grow in 3 gallon res is I have never needed hydro guard or z9 because of how often I change the res water out from being in a smaller container. Keep things breezy ,change the water lots and have lots of light on the canopy and lots of oxygen to the roots and you should have no problems growing any cannabis strain you wish DWC wise...If you are worried about root rot you could use hydrogen peroxide to help clean it up just a 1/2 tsp to a gallon should be good once a week and that can keep things sterile for ya threw out your grow. ;) Good luck on your gr
20200906_112343.jpg
ow!

Back
Top Bottom