New grower in small town

Yup you dont want to be smoking mold mate your poor lungs etc.In flower you dont really want to be above 60%
for any prolonged period of time odd day here and there wont hurt.You might even get away with it with some strains.
But as a rule dont be over %60 in flower ideally 40/50 range.

Hi, 60% is a little high for this stage in your grow, also it is maybe the plant is just over it growing time i do believe this plant is at least 6/7 months old, if you don't think its mold i really think it time to chop this old girl down, its done it time. Just my opinion.

Hi, 60% is a little high for this stage in your grow, also it is maybe the plant is just over it growing time i do believe this plant is at least 6/7 months old, if you don't think its mold i really think it time to chop this old girl down, its done it time. Just my opinion.
Yes she is 7 months old. That is the problem lol I'm not sure if it is mold or not. My biggest concern is that it is turning brown

Let someone else chime in but got to be honest white power u can wipe of is mold its that simple.Try see if you can she
is old but that dont explain the white mold looking dust covering.And IF it is no matter who pops up with a way to sort it
or just chop it and smoke dont its harmful.

PS. i really think your over 60% at lights out. to cause this issue hope someone else pops up to help.

Harvest it, when it ready let your not so good friends give it the taste test. No but you should be able to tell if it mold or not, as for the brown i think its just done its time.
Im going to try what Skunksa suggested and wipe the top and see if the white comes off

Harvest it, when it ready let your not so good friends give it the taste test. No but you should be able to tell if it mold or not, as for the brown i think its just done its time.
Ok so I gave it a try and on some leaves I was able to wipe almost clean and other leaves don't wipe so clean.

Mold then my friend. :confused: another lesson been there upsetting but something you wont let happen again.
I have always been under the impression never smoke mold weed.But i have never really looked deep into it
why not other then mold spores as said someone else might have newer info etc i just give mine away when it
happened to me a good few years ago now.

"Is your pH too high or low? ...there’s a strong chance the red stems are a sign your plant has a pH-based nutrient deficiency (or the beginning of one). Nutrient deficiencies that can affect red stems include Magnesium deficiencies and Phosphorus deficiencies. If you’ve been giving your plants nutrients, these deficiencies are typically caused by incorrect pH." NPK and pH management will serve you well down stream.

When u cut plant down just run under the shower an cut out affected areas an u should b fine :ganjamon:

"Is your pH too high or low? ...there’s a strong chance the red stems are a sign your plant has a pH-based nutrient deficiency (or the beginning of one). Nutrient deficiencies that can affect red stems include Magnesium deficiencies and Phosphorus deficiencies. If you’ve been giving your plants nutrients, these deficiencies are typically caused by incorrect pH." NPK and pH management will serve you well down stream.
My ph ran between 6.2 and 6.5. As far as the red stems I am thinking it was genetics. I read the links and neither of them applied. This plant wasn't right from the beginning. There really wasn't any photoperiod. I had it in flower from day 1. I come from a time when we cleaned, smoked, and waited for it to rain. If they sprouted, we just kept watering and watched them grow lol. So all of this is chinese to me, but I am catching on now. Have two new girls going and they are doing what they are supposed to and when they are supposed to. I have them on a feeding regiment of 2 on 1 off. Training was all done during veg and now it is just my occasional trimming. This girl here was more or less my sacrificial lamb. I learned a lot in this forum. A lot of great folks here that helped me along the way. But she developed mold so I pulled her. Trial and error.

When u cut plant down just run under the shower an cut out affected areas an u should b fine :ganjamon:
When I found out she had mold I just pulled her. Wasn't going to even take the chance. I have to many health issues to even risk it. Yeah it hurt a little but she was grown all wrong, but now I have 2 new girls that are growing the right way.

The redoning of your stalk could b caused by your led light ,,that's wot happens to my plants

Let someone else chime in but got to be honest white power u can wipe of is mold its that simple.Try see if you can she
is old but that dont explain the white mold looking dust covering.And IF it is no matter who pops up with a way to sort it
or just chop it and smoke dont its harmful.

PS. i really think your over 60% at lights out. to cause this issue hope someone else pops up to help.
You know, I never thought about that. Mold needs darkness and dampness to grow. Okay so now I need to reverse what I've been doing, and put my AC on at night and leave the tent open. As soon as I unzip it during the day when the lights on within a few minutes RH drops 5 to 8%. So I should be able to leave the tent open at night and run my AC during the night and it drops down to about that 55% mark, which is where it's been running the last few days. Now during the day when the tent is closed it gets to between 70 and 75% except for when it's raining then it gets to 85 and 90%. But that is only during the day for those high numbers. Thanks for that PS.

I keep my outtake/fliter fan on at lights out seems to do the trick and turn my intake of as it draws from outside.
And can make things worse for me lights out depending on weather.

I keep my outtake/fliter fan on at lights out seems to do the trick and turn my intake of as it draws from outside.
And can make things worse for me lights out depending on weather.
I'll try that

Your pictures show only 1 fan circulating air inside the tent. Lots and lots of air movement helps plants transpire more. More water, more nutes, more growth.
It is unlikely that you will get amazing results by being timid.

You know, I never thought about that. Mold needs darkness and dampness to grow. Okay so now I need to reverse what I've been doing, and put my AC on at night and leave the tent open. As soon as I unzip it during the day when the lights on within a few minutes RH drops 5 to 8%. So I should be able to leave the tent open at night and run my AC during the night and it drops down to about that 55% mark, which is where it's been running the last few days. Now during the day when the tent is closed it gets to between 70 and 75% except for when it's raining then it gets to 85 and 90%. But that is only during the day for those high numbers. Thanks for that PS.
Why not buy a dehumidifier ? I got brand new in the box 22 pint, 45 pint & 50 pint ones at a discount store. The small one was $10 & the biggest one was $40. I set mine on 30% for flower & my tent stays 30 - 40% all the time. I also run a portable AC for temps. 91 F is pretty high & would probably benefit from Co2 if you can't get your temps down. I can't tell if your monitor says the high RH was 39% or 99%. I personally feel anything over 50% RH in flower is too high. Have you looked at a VPD chart ? Tells you what your RH should be at a given Temp.
23) jMtY1K6l_gLPfmQPzPWoK2zbSIpq2qTZRjT_O82Q7FI.png

Take a look at the "Bud Washing" thread. Not sure if this will work for mold but can't hurt to find out.

Why do you shut off your fans? My fans never go off. Keep your temps and RH as stable as you can. Rapid or significant changes stress your plants as well. Keeps mold risk down when you keep air moving.
This is a very helpful chart for nutrient deficiencies
My fans were plugged into my light. Went out last night to change that and now have everything running all the time.

Back
Top Bottom