New grower in small town

My 2 cent dont take as much foliage next time mate.
Can only speak on what i have done.
My best grows have been when i dont mess and keep messing.
Good light which you have.
And a good feed schedule ladies love routine.
Master or try to one way of doing things before you move on.
Fan leaves solar panels = big buds.
I grow coco put me in soil or DWC and im lost.
Would take sometime to catch back up on those mediums for me.
You dont need the best light to grow 0z buds just the right strain.
And a good light.
I have a sunset blue sherbet under same light as a bruce banner.
The sherbet is never going to produce the oz bud sites my banner has.
I feel your doing a GREAT job dude as i have said before i killed everything.
For the first 18 months , or it was not worth the time i put in.
I fried my first ladies under a HPS many many moons ago. ;)

Skinny plants? OR skinny buds? Marijuana plants are not like most plants in that they almost exclusively make leaves and stems, or they make flowers. Now that you are in flower your stems are limited in any growth or repair compared to when in veg they are more resilient to cutting. Your stems won't improve much and your buds will fatten a lot in the last 2 weeks.
Well you know I am new as well so I am not going to throw darts at the board to answer your question.
From the beginning you had rather spindly plants with thin stems and large internodal spaces. There are lots of things that can and need to be done earlier in veg that will shorten spaces between branches and thicken your stems. I think all the issues could have been corrected and even avoided if only you changed your training techniques. I made the very opposite mistake as my plants are TOO short and stocky. I am trying to get them to stretch and fill the space so I can drop my SCROG net.

It is difficult to tell if you intended to SCROG or are using trellis support netting. Here is another awesome link on how to trim your plants for better results.

Somewhere in here there was a comment that you cut some silica nutes and bud "sweetener" nutes. You might consider adding them back in. The flouroliscouus product will fatten your buds as well as they claim to improve flavor.

Silica is needed for development of trichomes, we all need those. Vermiculite is silica. Up to 25% can be added into your soil at the beginning of the grow. Vermiculite holds water and when wet acts like a muddy clay so more vermiculite water holding can be countered with perlite that holds nutes not water.
All I ask is that you check out what I am saying, I could be totally off base but I am never AWOL.

Things that can shorten plants or break apical dominance: Trimming and topping, Humic acid soaked seeds, fulvic acid foliar spray, getting the right light from DAY1, less blue light and more red and far red light. There are more.

My 2 cent dont take as much foliage next time mate.
Can only speak on what i have done.
My best grows have been when i dont mess and keep messing.
Good light which you have.
And a good feed schedule ladies love routine.
Master or try to one way of doing things before you move on.
Fan leaves solar panels = big buds.
I grow coco put me in soil or DWC and im lost.
Would take sometime to catch back up on those mediums for me.
You dont need the best light to grow 0z buds just the right strain.
And a good light.
I have a sunset blue sherbet under same light as a bruce banner.
The sherbet is never going to produce the oz bud sites my banner has.
I feel your doing a GREAT job dude as i have said before i killed everything.
For the first 18 months , or it was not worth the time i put in.
I fried my first ladies under a HPS many many moons ago. ;)
I can verify this. On my last winter grow I grew 2 white widow autos and my neighbor grew 1 white widow auto. I took a lot of leaves off of mine and he barely touched his. I ended up with 3.5 oz total for my 2 plants and his 1 plant yielded 5.5 oz

This has me scratching my head a little. This never happened with my first one and it's not happening to the one that's in the dirt. Only the one in miracle grow. But this is the worst leaf and there's another one that's a little bit better shape and then I did find a few that had small spots on them. But they're turning yellow and wilting. Also on the same plant I have quite a few of the top leaves that are turning light green. I'm not doing anything different with the newts both the girls are getting fed the exact same thing and the one in the dirt isn't doing any of that.
I did do one thing differently on the last feeding I added Cal mag, and this time I left it out. I'm just wondering if I should cut her feeding their feedings back to one feeding, one flush, one feeding, one flush.
IMG_20211014_111820.jpg

IMG_20211014_111846.jpg
IMG_20211014_111849.jpg

Looking at the first photo, at the bottom center the stem is brown instead of green. It looks like the main stem is seriously scarred as in griddled.
Add the Cal/Mag separately from other nutes (other days) so the calcium does not react with the phosphates.
When you get close to the harvest window they often start doing weird stuff.
What strain? Seeds or clones. Sometimes seeds from the same bud will have a very different plant. My first seeds were bag seeds that turned out like twin sisters. They looked the same but, they smell and taste different and left a feeling different afterwards.

Looking at the first photo, at the bottom center the stem is brown instead of green. It looks like the main stem is seriously scarred as in griddled.
Add the Cal/Mag separately from other nutes (other days) so the calcium does not react with the phosphates.
When you get close to the harvest window they often start doing weird stuff.
What strain? Seeds or clones. Sometimes seeds from the same bud will have a very different plant. My first seeds were bag seeds that turned out like twin sisters. They looked the same but, they smell and taste different and left a feeling different afterwards.
Both are from seed and they are both strawberry cough. They are both getting close to harvest, my little one will probably be here in the next week because it just isn't doing any more than it has in the last couple weeks. The one with the burnt leaves I'm probably looking at around the middle of November, the buds on it are getting actually bigger and it's starting to fill in a little bit more in blank spots on the buds. Now I just got to figure out I'm going to put the little one in darkness for 24 hours since the original plan was to harvest them both at the same time and just hang them both in the tent.

After 11days this is what I have. First two pics are of the oldest one and the smallest one and the second two would be the younger healthier plant. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Between the two of them they got 5 gallons of newts with Cal mag in it. And the yellowing started on that plant just a couple of days after the first feeding. Then I've noticed the last feeding when I gave them both water it was a little bit lighter and now this time they look pretty bad. But I'm going tomorrow to get more runoff water so that I can get some more news mixed up but I don't want to feed them until I know how to fix this
IMG_20211026_190006.jpg
IMG_20211026_185958.jpg
IMG_20211026_185947.jpg
IMG_20211026_185938.jpg

After 11days this is what I have. First two pics are of the oldest one and the smallest one and the second two would be the younger healthier plant. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Between the two of them they got 5 gallons of newts with Cal mag in it. And the yellowing started on that plant just a couple of days after the first feeding. Then I've noticed the last feeding when I gave them both water it was a little bit lighter and now this time they look pretty bad. But I'm going tomorrow to get more runoff water so that I can get some more news mixed up but I don't want to feed them until I know how to fix this
IMG_20211026_190006.jpg
IMG_20211026_185958.jpg
IMG_20211026_185947.jpg
IMG_20211026_185938.jpg
After 11 days of what? Aren't these flowers ripe yet? Have you had a close up look at the trichomes.

IMG_20211026_190006.jpg
IMG_20211026_185958.jpg
IMG_20211026_185947.jpg
IMG_20211026_185938.jpg
"

"Managing pH is crucial for cannabis plants to be able to take up nutrients through their roots. When the pH around the roots jumps up and down, it can stress the plant and cause brown spots to appear on the leaves. Spotting on the leaves as a results of pH fluctuations is more common in hydroponic setups (where the pH tends to go up and down), but it is possible it can also happen in soil. This seems to often happen when the pH swings too high or low."​

I recall you have been using some Cal/Mag. I think the pH swings more for hydroponics. Soil is between 6 -7.

Managing pH is crucial for cannabis plants to be able to take up nutrients through their roots. When the pH around the roots jumps up and down, it can stress the plant and cause brown spots to appear on the leaves. Spotting on the leaves as a results of pH fluctuations is more common in hydroponic setups (where the pH tends to go up and down), but it is possible it can also happen in soil. This seems to often happen when the pH swings too high or low."
I recall you have been using some Cal/Mag. I think the pH swings more for hydroponics. Soil is between 6 -7.
I know the RO water, I use, is just over 6.0. I will have to do a ph test on my soil when I get home. Have to get more water today, so guess I will just go ahead and grab some of my soil and throw it in a Solo cup cut some holes in the bottom of it and run it through and see what my pH is on the soil. The cow mag has to be the only reason why leaves are doing what they're doing. She was fine until I threw the calmag in

I know the RO water, I use, is just over 6.0. I will have to do a ph test on my soil when I get home. Have to get more water today, so guess I will just go ahead and grab some of my soil and throw it in a Solo cup cut some holes in the bottom of it and run it through and see what my pH is on the soil. The cow mag has to be the only reason why leaves are doing what they're doing. She was fine until I threw the calmag in
I'm currently having a similar issue with 2 of my plants in veg that are suffering from ph issues. I dropped my nutes from my watering for a week to try and fix it

I'm currently having a similar issue with 2 of my plants in veg that are suffering from ph issues. I dropped my nutes from my watering for a week to try and fix it
That was my plan originally, but then she got worse. They are both getting close to harvest, so at least a little one I can get her harvested here pretty quick cuz she's not doing much anymore no extra growth no nothing she's just like stalemated.

I believe you are looking at a bug problem, not pH.
When I open the tent there are no bugs, except for maybe one or two small gnats. No stink bugs, no ladybugs, none of that. Not even any holes in the leaves.

When I open the tent there are no bugs, except for maybe one or two small gnats. No stink bugs, no ladybugs, none of that. Not even any holes in the leaves.
I am looking at the little white marks on your leaves that don't correspond with known deficiencies patterns. Looks like thrips to me... check the underside of the most affected leaves and look for little worm like critters.

I am looking at the little white marks on your leaves that don't correspond with known deficiencies patterns. Looks like thrips to me... check the underside of the most affected leaves and look for little worm like critters.
I just went and got more runoff water come back and I got some of the soil from the plant with all the yellowing leaves and run some water over the soil into a jar and got a pH reading. Using miracle grow
IMG_20211027_140357.jpg
IMG_20211027_135344.jpg
then here is just the water
IMG_20211027_135737.jpg
then this is regular dirt. But I did not find any bugs.

I just went and got more runoff water come back and I got some of the soil from the plant with all the yellowing leaves and run some water over the soil into a jar and got a pH reading. Using miracle grow
IMG_20211027_140357.jpg
IMG_20211027_135344.jpg
then here is just the water
IMG_20211027_135737.jpg
then this is regular dirt. But I did not find any bugs.
That pH reading tells us nothing. It is not a pH problem or you would be having all sorts of problems. Besides that, N is available over such a wide swath of pH that it would be very hard to block it out just based on the pH. This is not the problem, no matter what well meaning advisors are telling you. Also, as long as the pH of your incoming fluids is set correctly, it would be very difficult for soil to mess that up. It is called barking up the wrong tree... you can't convince me that this has anything to do with pH.

Back to what it looks like, bugs. Everyone who has had bugs will tell you that until they finally spotted them, they didn't find any. Grab your most damaged leaf and give it a very good look top and bottom... good luck.

That pH reading tells us nothing. It is not a pH problem or you would be having all sorts of problems. Besides that, N is available over such a wide swath of pH that it would be very hard to block it out just based on the pH. This is not the problem, no matter what well meaning advisors are telling you. Also, as long as the pH of your incoming fluids is set correctly, it would be very difficult for soil to mess that up. It is called barking up the wrong tree... you can't convince me that this has anything to do with pH.

Back to what it looks like, bugs. Everyone who has had bugs will tell you that until they finally spotted them, they didn't find any. Grab your most damaged leaf and give it a very good look top and bottom... good luck.
I did one better and got a couple pics.
IMG_20211027_143316.jpg

Back
Top Bottom