New grower, long time smoker

Barberbarian

420 Member
Just introducing myself to the community. I’m the guy who never intended to get any further than handing someone some cash and getting the bud I need to take care of issues even before I knew what issues I had. A few years ago, around my 40th, I was FINALLY diagnosed as aspergers and having been born with spina bifida, both mild so no disability. My little area of the world is not great for being reliable in quality of bud nor availability. So, I decided (let’s say inspired) to grow my own high quality medication. I have acreage, but I’m going to use a workshed for a deep water culture hydro system. About my only fear is nutrition. So, cross your fingers or pray for me. I’ll be checking in from time to time with updates. Any advice and help will be appreciated.

Welcome to 420 @Barberbarian. :welcome:

You've come to the right place. There are some great hydro growers here that I'm sure can provide you with any assistance you may need.

Happy growing!

Just introducing myself to the community. I’m the guy who never intended to get any further than handing someone some cash and getting the bud I need to take care of issues even before I knew what issues I had. A few years ago, around my 40th, I was FINALLY diagnosed as aspergers and having been born with spina bifida, both mild so no disability. My little area of the world is not great for being reliable in quality of bud nor availability. So, I decided (let’s say inspired) to grow my own high quality medication. I have acreage, but I’m going to use a workshed for a deep water culture hydro system. About my only fear is nutrition. So, cross your fingers or pray for me. I’ll be checking in from time to time with updates. Any advice and help will be appreciated.
Hey @Barberbarian :ciao: hope you are well my friend
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
We have terrific sponsors if you need equipment.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Barberbarian.

So you are interested in DWC, nice choose, thou there's not a bad one.
Have you ever grown anything before?

When you are ready start a grow journal, we can follow along and get you to harvest. Here's the link How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Good morning Barberbarian and welcome to 420 Magazine.

I think there are so many benefits to growing our own weed and really enjoy the time spent taking care of them. Since you are starting a new setup from scratch I would recommend that you also plant just a few outside and see if they are any easier for you to take care of especially if you have the acreage. Hope to see pictures of your new operation as you go along.

Good morning Barberbarian and welcome to 420 Magazine.

I think there are so many benefits to growing our own weed and really enjoy the time spent taking care of them. Since you are starting a new setup from scratch I would recommend that you also plant just a few outside and see if they are any easier for you to take care of especially if you have the acreage. Hope to see pictures of your new operation as you go along.
Good morning to you, as well! So, I’m nearly done with the build for my setup. Just waiting on some Panda Film, the autism kinda makes me go a little extra. Lol! I’d love to try growing outdoors, but the local climate does not lend itself well to very much. Think weeks of triple digit temps and almost no humidity, ridiculous wind, hard and baked earth, and brown foliage most of the year. We’ve already had days over 100 here and we aren’t even to Summer, yet. I am locally known by some for occasionally growing Carolina Reaper peppers for my homemade barbecue sauces, so I’m not completely devoid of green in my thumb. But I’m grateful for this community for the acceptance and assistance I’m already getting. I also bought the Cannabis Grower’s Handbook by Ed Rosenthal just the other day, and I got my seeds just this afternoon! I have my first seed soaking in its bath and ready for germination. I’ll tease y’all with a little picture of my setup mid-build, but I think it’s coming along well. Maybe I could have looked up some before I started, but when I thought about it I was already well into what I felt right. Tell me what you guys think?

F86253F9-44CA-44B8-B400-CB8103D9B315.jpeg

Welcome to the forum @Barberbarian :welcome: Starting right off with DWC, I love it. Good luck and please tag me when you start a journal. Have fun!

Welcome to the forum @Barberbarian :welcome: Starting right off with DWC, I love it. Good luck and please tag me when you start a journal. Have fun!
I checked out your post “1st grow: Jumping into the deep end, DWC”, and have to admit I’m a little intimidated by all the info my brain is refusing to process. Lol! I’ll definitely tag you up, but I can’t guarantee my journal will be as in-depth or even make quite the same kind of sense. I’m still getting used to the ins and outs of autism, so I do apologize. I think I have a pretty good room built so far (minus my panda film which is circling my town, literally, and won’t be here until Tuesday). It’s not QUITE finished, but will be ready to go by the time seed has germinated into seedling. *I* like that you’re growing a White Widow as well, it’s been my favorite since college so that’s what I’m starting with. #crop king seeds. Starting with a single seed until I get it something to flower, then I’ll ramp things up a little bit more. Lights, buckets, rockwool, Hydroton, fans, pumps, meters, waiting to see if I’ll need a humidifier as levels inside the building seem okay so far.

I checked out your post “1st grow: Jumping into the deep end, DWC”, and have to admit I’m a little intimidated by all the info my brain is refusing to process. Lol! I’ll definitely tag you up, but I can’t guarantee my journal will be as in-depth or even make quite the same kind of sense. I’m still getting used to the ins and outs of autism, so I do apologize. I think I have a pretty good room built so far (minus my panda film which is circling my town, literally, and won’t be here until Tuesday). It’s not QUITE finished, but will be ready to go by the time seed has germinated into seedling. *I* like that you’re growing a White Widow as well, it’s been my favorite since college so that’s what I’m starting with. #crop king seeds. Starting with a single seed until I get it something to flower, then I’ll ramp things up a little bit more. Lights, buckets, rockwool, Hydroton, fans, pumps, meters, waiting to see if I’ll need a humidifier as levels inside the building seem okay so far.
Hey just have fun with it. I'm a software developer and you can tell in my journals ;) Everyone's journal style is different which is great to get different perspectives.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. With DWC you may not need a humidifier. It your tent gets too dry you can put an airstone in an extra bucket with no lid.

I'll be around, just tag me if you have any questions. I'm looking forward to seeing your first grow.

BTW The white widow from my first grow is almost gone :( I guess you can say we enjoyed it a lot:rollit::volcano-smiley::passitleft:

welcome friend
if it has to do with Cannabis you have come to the best place in the WWW. Pretty much Bully and troll-free , noob-friendly with a lot of very helpful and friendly people. and the Knowledge base from 420 magazines and in the forums is matched by no one or place I have ever found.
Welcome to the party :theband::rollit:

welcome friend
if it has to do with Cannabis you have come to the best place in the WWW. Pretty much Bully and troll-free , noob-friendly with a lot of very helpful and friendly people. and the Knowledge base from 420 magazines and in the forums is matched by no one or place I have ever found.
Welcome to the party :theband::rollit:
I’m seeing that. Absolutely love it here so far. Everyone has been very helpful. Hopefully we can keep up with my girl as she went from a dry little seed Saturday evening when I soaked her in a bath to already 1/2” out of the rockwool cube I placed her DOWN inside after she showed a 1/2” taproot. I’m almost terrified of what she’ll do once I get her old enough for nutes! But in a good way. Lol!

4D7C8190-6E9F-46C1-B6D1-8419835DB737.jpeg

4FFB8F6E-806B-4856-B1AE-B31C1FA85895.jpeg

F0FE90A8-2A5D-4165-9D74-649A5942D34B.jpeg

AF19AF44-2D41-40DC-A140-2A1F140B805C.jpeg

C1A110D7-DFBD-465E-91DE-BA294D3155A5.jpeg

So, I feel almost a little dumb asking this. Not really, but I almost feel like I should already know how to do this. How do I “tag” people that may have requested I do so?
From my understanding (only been here a month) use the @ sign followed by the persons name so mine would be @TwelveCoffee

Back
Top Bottom