New Grower/Needing some advise from the Elites

TorqueGod

Hey Guys i just recently became interested in Growing when a couple friends advised i should due to the fact that im very patient and i dont smoke the stuff.

But i was looking and my first impression was This will be a sinch, according to all the factors its not as easy as i thought but i went and got four seeds, of uh what was it "Himalaya Gold" now im not sure if thats a plant that will need more or less care but its my first pick and i will strive to grow them the best i can, they will get to my pad, on im guessing next wednesday so. i have 4-7 days to get all neseccary items/materials i will need to aid me, money is a factor, i do have a job but i do pay rent/bills i am 18 so im not into the high end jobs.

if i could get some relativly easy, understandable straight forward tips and a short simple list on whats neseccary to do this ex. Lights, Pots, soil etc. and whats the best kinds to use it would be much appreciated and i hope to in a couple months from now be posting my First grow :D

Re: New Grower/Needing some advise from the Elites :D

thanks alot BWC, but most of this isnt in my knowledge so its like ready shakesphere when your three 90% of it makes no sense but you have a small general standard of whats going on.

Before you spend any more money spend a few hours reading on this site. For about $25 you can pick up a copy of Jorge Cervantes "Marijuana Horticulture, The indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible". Very good info in there. If you don't smoke and are doing it for your buddies have them front the money needed for supplies.

Before you spend any more money spend a few hours reading on this site. For about $25 you can pick up a copy of Jorge Cervantes "Marijuana Horticulture, The indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible". Very good info in there. If you don't smoke and are doing it for your buddies have them front the money needed for supplies.
Yup, I was going to say the EXACT same thing cept I would add Ed Rosenthal's book just to give options lol. :yummy:. i've got jorge cervantes book myself. he has a dvd out as well.

Thanks for the support guys and thanks for the ideas.

If you don't smoke and are doing it for your buddies have them front the money needed for supplies.
im not doing it "for" them they just suggested it for me to do, none of its going to them unless your gonna buys some in the end but its all mine lol

alright thanks Bee, see thats the kind of stuff i want to know. i dont just want like 20 guides with the same info i just want simple stuff.

Led lights, lighting cycles, the best kinds of soils, what to feed the plants...

leds aren't cheap,you want to start cheap go with cfls,get reg. potting soil

a few good cfls you want the daylight 1 for vegging,and soft wht. to flower them,10 bucks will get the bulbs to start growing. :surf:
see start like this,of course germinate your seeds etc.
HPIM1611_640x480_.jpg

Start with these 2 threads (green words=links. Click one) How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know and What are common mistakes made by first time growers?. Read and if u need NE thing else just ask. Welcome to our forums.

not to be harsh bro but you need to be reading this stuff. BWC is giving you the best advice. most of the people that are well versed in growing want you to have some background in at least reading the stuff.

It means that you need to become familiar with it, If you read it...then read it again.
that being said....
most people like to germinate in wet paper towels

not to be harsh bro but you need to be reading this stuff. BWC is giving you the best advice. most of the people that are well versed in growing want you to have some background in at least reading the stuff.

so do you know how to germinate yet.

QUOTE=PitViper;870318]not to be harsh bro but you need to be reading this stuff. BWC is giving you the best advice. most of the people that are well versed in growing want you to have some background in at least reading the stuff.

so do you know how to germinate yet.[/QUOTE]

Im still working at it...Ill read some more

I am using the "Cheap Dirt" from Home Depot/Lowe's $1 for 40 lb. bag stuff but I do recommend Microwaving the dirt before using it to make sure there are no bugs. Don't forget they need a lot of light.. Good Luck!

im bored at work, guess ill make a list of the stuff i started with
umm, lets see,
like 3 or 4 seeds, 2 germed!
cfls 6500k for veg.
fox farms ocean forest soil
some plastic cups,
i dropped the seeds in the water for 24 hours kept them in the dark
then put them in soil, and bam
reefa.

Yup, I was going to say the EXACT same thing cept I would add Ed Rosenthal's book just to give options lol. :yummy:. i've got jorge cervantes book myself. he has a dvd out as well.
Me too, I love reading so got both books and one by Mel Franks also, but being on a budget if I had to pick one I personally would go with Jorge, only cause he is the first one I read and he got me started. Now if you're really broke you go to Borders or one of the big book stores, grab the book off the shelf, go sit down with a cuo of coffee and read for free, I do it all the time:rolleyes3. Make a list of what you need and go from thee.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom