New Grower

Green Jim

Hi One & All 1st time grower here. my 3 babies are blooming. will post some pics. they seem to be budding slowly to me. but then again I am in the room everyday to cast my love and affection them lmao. I have 2 Hulkberry Autos and 1 Northern Lights auto. growing under Mars Hydro TS600Watt LED lights. as i said I will post some pics. tell me what you think please. stay safe everyone. regards Gaz

Welcome @Gazzamius

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Here is the link for starting a grow journal.

Also, if you would like to win free stuff for growing, checkout:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Thank you so much. hopefully will learn a lot from you guys. have attached a few pictures. any advice would be great.

IMG_20210630_121310.jpg

IMG_20210630_121201.jpg

IMG_20210630_121238.jpg

IMG_20210630_121358.jpg

IMG_20210630_121206.jpg

Thank you so much. hopefully will learn a lot from you guys. have attached a few pictures. any advice would be great.

IMG_20210630_121310.jpg

IMG_20210630_121201.jpg

IMG_20210630_121238.jpg

IMG_20210630_121358.jpg

IMG_20210630_121206.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine my friend @Gazzamius :welcome:
Fantastic looking garden .
Couple things I noticed.
For your next grow id switch to cloth bags or air pots for better root growth and bigger buds.:Namaste:
They seem to be pretty dark green, if color in pic is correct.
Usually from nitrogen which I cut back to zero by mid to late flower.
They don't need it in late flower.
Everything is nice and healthy though.:goodjob:
If you get a chance start a journal and we can follow and help if needed.
Bill

Thank you muchly ...Bill well you answered one of my questions. yes the pic colouration is pretty much how they look. I have been adding a small amount of Nitrogen to plain tap water and a dash of pH down getting a pH of around 6.5. the plants seem to love it. but i will cut out the nitrogen now they are flowering. I am trying to be conservative with watering. around half a litre every other day each one. I did start (typical beginner) putting too much NPK at first and the leaf tips were clawing. cut right back on that to a small amount once a week. and they seemed to respond accordingly. lesson learned. and as for the cloth bags / air pots. my next grow i will use. I appreciate the advice Bill. and will hopefully learn a lot more as time passes. one last question for now tho. i use hard water in my area. and like anywhere i suppose fluoride is added to it. is it better to fill my water storage pail and leave it for a couple of days before use. cheers buddy Gaz

25 is low, in flower you can get away with the high 40s .np cant see it hurting someone elese might chime in with better
info never heard of anyone having issues cause r/h is to low. Now veg i wouldnt want 25 r/h in my grow room.

25 is low, in flower you can get away with the high 40s .np cant see it hurting someone elese might chime in with better
info never heard of anyone having issues cause r/h is to low. Now veg i wouldnt want 25 r/h in my grow room.
Cheers Skunksa I must admit i am guessing at the RH it is probably higher. just when i sit in my room with the door shut. I need a drink let alone the babies lol. they seem to be doing so well. but the buds seem to me anyway. to be slow growing. maybe if i turned it off for a few days. things might improve. just wondered if too dry could be an issue with slow growth. ?? cheers mate .... gaz

only reason i think the humidity is low. I worked out in the middle east for a few years and the humidity was practically non existent. (mid desert) thats how it feels in my grow shed ;)

Now it might slow things up mate being to dry i honestly would not know i would never let it get that dry so have no experience.I cant see it being that low tbh those ladies by now should be pushing up your r/h get something in there
to give u an idea on R/H and temp it will be a GOOD investment.And Buds has given you a good chart to get close to.
Set the dehumidifier to 40 and leave it i say.

Now it might slow things up mate being to dry i honestly would not know i would never let it get that dry so have no experience.I cant see it being that low tbh those ladies by now should be pushing up your r/h get something in there
to give u an idea on R/H and temp it will be a GOOD investment.And Buds has given you a good chart to get close to.
Set the dehumidifier to 40 and leave it i say.
again all advice greatly received. Me being a 70 year old weed smoker. I dunno why i never started growing years ago. I got time on my hands now. so decided to give it a go. this lark is a bit different to gardening. I am not in it to make profit. Just wanted to try something grown by me instead of paying out for what is mostly SHITE these days. as soon as this stuff is legalised . the world will be a better place . especially in UK. but we need to get rid of the dinosaurs in power at the moment. anyways. I have literally turned off my dehumidifier and will keep a weather eye on my ladies over the coming week. take care guvnor. Gaz

Just a cheap thermometer with r/h will do. But i hear you my friend im in the uk to and its sad looking at most of the world moving on.And your find most not all are middle aged to old ish on this forum. You fit right in with US. :cool:

Thank you muchly ...Bill well you answered one of my questions. yes the pic colouration is pretty much how they look. I have been adding a small amount of Nitrogen to plain tap water and a dash of pH down getting a pH of around 6.5. the plants seem to love it. but i will cut out the nitrogen now they are flowering. I am trying to be conservative with watering. around half a litre every other day each one. I did start (typical beginner) putting too much NPK at first and the leaf tips were clawing. cut right back on that to a small amount once a week. and they seemed to respond accordingly. lesson learned. and as for the cloth bags / air pots. my next grow i will use. I appreciate the advice Bill. and will hopefully learn a lot more as time passes. one last question for now tho. i use hard water in my area. and like anywhere i suppose fluoride is added to it. is it better to fill my water storage pail and leave it for a couple of days before use. cheers buddy Gaz
Yes chlorine will dissipate. But chloramine won’t.
what medium are you growing in?

sorry not been about. busy busy busy. does underlighting help these darling little buds of July out. or is it overkill. your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Hello @Gazzamius hope you are well.
From what I understand side lighting doesn't benefit as much as you would think.
Girls know where the main colas are and put their energy into those regardless of lighting.
Not worth extra money or energy.
Bill

checked the girls yesterday... they are budding nicely. and giving off an earthy rich aroma, to me anyway. not sweet but i can taste it, like a really good taste. so i guess that'a good sign. i don't have any form of extraction. just a load of activated carbon filters around my grow room. and a slow running pedestal fan with the vents open. they seem to be dong the job in keeping smell down. as a point of interest. my girls have been budding since mid june. how long is it before they reach maturity. not a big yield so far. will send a few pics later. regards Gaz

Back
Top Bottom