New to the Game! First Time

Only thing would be a space issue, the odds are they will stretch a decent bit in flower, you need to be prepared for this. You don't want your plants jam-packed, they need some breathing room! With the amount of plants you have, I'd hope you have pretty big room. Don't let them get too tall in veg. or else you might have to deal with branch bending/possibly breaking later.

You should look into LST/defoliation. Those babies could use a nice defol. right about now. Would help the lower branching get established, create more airflow, could spare you a space issue, and possibly increase your yield.

All in all things are fine though. They're going like weeds means they're growing faster than anything else on the planet! =)

From the link in my sig. A nice guideline to consider. :)

The 40:60 Rule

by TorturedSoul , 04-30-2009 at 09:21 PM
The 40:60 rule is very useful. It states that when flowering natural (NON-autoflowering) strains under constant 12/12 light/darkness, that the plant will "stretch" for the first 40% of its complete flowering period. Note that this also assumes that the plant in question is a mature one (staggered nodes instead of them being straight across from each other).

How is this useful?

If you have a strain that you know the total flowering time of, you can find the length of the stretch period and then by observing how much the plant stretches each day, you can tell if you will have enough room for it.

If you have a strain that you do NOT know the total flowering time of, you can count the number of days that the plant is in the stretch period, and figure out the exact finishing date. This is MUCH more accurate than the average flowering times posted in most seedbank descriptions.

Ever wonder if the seedbank recommendations were at least semi-accurate or if they were weighted one way or the other to support the description of a given strain's affects (shorter for UP, longer for couch-lock)? Just plug your MEASURED numbers into the formula.

Days of Stretch = 40% of Flowering
Days After Stretch = 60% of Flowering

1.5 x (Days of Stretch) = # of Days from the end of stretch to harvest day
2.5 x (Days of Stretch) = TOTAL # of Days in Flowering

40% x (Total Days of Flowering) = # of Days of Stretch
60% x (Total Days of Flowering) = # of Days After Stretch ("Fattening")

:peace:

K

here is 1 of the white rhinos [ largest plant out of the 8 ]

IMG_16298.JPG

I've just bent this in half and snap ! Only has the bottom 4 branches now grr

hmm.. what do you mean? Did the whole top break? Is the base stem OK? How many little branches are still healthy? Can you take a picture after the damage? Let's save this girl man don't lose hope. Last but definitely not least, is this an auto?

Scotch tape and toothpicks for splints and you might be able to save it.

Sorry cant up load pic at this time but just think of the whole lot expect 4 bottom branches are gone !

My thoughts: Not only can you save it, but you can aslo make it into a very good plant. IF I'm picturing this correct, you have one thick main stem, with only 4 little branches growing out. Everything else was damaged.

1) What kind of damage? Physical? Did it literally break? or was it sick or nute burned?

IF it's just physical damage, then you basically topped your plant a little later that's all. (considering this is NOT an auto)

If that's the case, then cheers bro, you're gona have 4 monster branched tops growing from these 4 little branches. Tune back on the feeding a little, then start upping again as she grows. You will be very pleased.

Try to include more info about the case. I'm sorry I can't be flipping back on every journal I visit and I tend to forget a lot about the basics of the grow as we go into it.

If that happens and I understand you correctly, I would LST each of those little branches (after they grow a bit) and nail them down in opposite sides. You will create a massive bush by doing this because all nodes along the LST'd plant will shoot up with branches. Please tell me if this is not making sense and you want to go on with this. I'll include a few pictures or diagrams to explain myself better.

You don't sound too thrilled about saving her if you don't mind me sayin.. lol

Yep you got it! The 4 branches are doing ok should be able to hold them either side of the pot ... I have my other white rhyno held down well all ready shooting up ...

I used tape as soon as it happened left her for a while... Once i looked back in her life seems as tho was sucked out of her :( all flimsy :(

I used tape as soon as it happened left her for a while... Once i looked back in her life seems as tho was sucked out of her :( all flimsy :(

Clone her!!!!!! :)

Wouldent know how? As I dont have no root powder ? I've slipped her in a pot if soil moist .. Is there any thing u can do extra with what I have ?

Wouldent know how? As I dont have no root powder ? I've slipped her in a pot if soil moist .. Is there any thing u can do extra with what I have ?

Just do a cup of water and suspend the top so the base does not touch the bottom. Do the 45 cut and scrape method. A member here has used this method with success, I have not though. Also if you have some super thrive you could add a mini drop to the water. I mean really small drop if not just a little that was dabbed on a cotton ball and dunked quickly into the water.

white rhino "1"
before
IMG_16298.JPG

after a horrific bend by my self! which cause it to snap :oops:
IMG_16529.JPG

IMG_165111.JPG

IMG_16578.JPG

white rhino "2"
IMG_16559.JPG
IMG_16549.JPG
IMG_16567.JPG

here they were all together before the accident