Randomandy's Closet Jungle - First Grow

OK so here are the pics as promised, as i said before, sorry the pics arent of the best quality, its more the fact of the terrible photographer than it being a shit camera lol, also didnt help that i needed to have lights and flash off in order to see the colour differences on the leaves, so quality isnt great, but enough you all can get an idea of whats goin on with these girls!!

ok so... Sweet Cheese:
DSC_03283.JPG
DSC_03296.JPG
DSC_03414.JPG

Big Devil:
DSC_03365.JPG
DSC_03357.JPG
DSC_03347.JPG

And finally, but by no means least, Blue Cheese:
DSC_03405.JPG
DSC_03388.JPG
DSC_03324.JPG

As ive said before, all input, opinions and criticisms are wlcome, and are always taken onboard, so any advice anyone out there has to help this noob get on the right path, please feel free to share!!

The heat is killing ur plant.its so hot were I am random.those plants really need cold fresh air.look at how pale the leaves are.think about it like this.I'm in house,windows open,tee shirt on,and the sweat has been pouring out of me nonstop.so imagine those plants,sweating like mad,plus a powerful warm light on her 4 hours.I promise u random.cold fresh air is a must,or ur going 2 have this prob nonstop until the end.a fan blowing on them is just blowing warm humid air.I don't have the answer mate,but I promise u,work out a way 2 get cold fresh air around those plants.if its poss,get them outside,an let nature do its thing.

Snakey its NOT HEAT!! my temps in there are always between 26-27*C that is NOT too hot, there is no way to put my plants outside, but my grow room is right next to my back door, just off my kitchen, i leave grow room door open almost 24/7 and kitchen window is always open, so allowing cooler air in, and on those warmer days, i open the back door and let the fresh air in through that way aswell... I am 99.999999 certain that its nothing at all to do with heat, and all to do with a Mg Deficiency, look at the pics closely, the detail isnt great i know this, but can still make out the yellowing at the edges while the veins have maintained a nice green colour... If it was heat im sure i would be expecting to see leaf curl upwards, as the plant tries to keep itself cool, this is not happening, the leaf are nice an open as if they are basking, look at my images and do a wee search on Mg deficiency, definitely ties in and explains the appearance of my plants and also the slow speed at wich they are growing!! (Mg helps uptake of Nitrogen, if have Mg Deficiency, then the ladies simply struggle to take up N wich in turn slows growth right down to basically a crawl)...

and just to add, when the weather does get really warm, my temps do go up a bit, but they still not really peaking above 28-28.5*C and thats the point where ill open door, and will usually bring back down to much more reasonable 27ish usually!! but temps now dont ever really go above a maximum of 29*c!!

OK no probs mate.I'm experiencing sweating nonstop.so hot here.not sun wise,just humid.I thought maybe the plant was just suffering with hot humid air plus the light.I'm now sleeping in the room I grew,and the heat at nights is 2 much.I know 4 a fact with my 250w hps light if I was growing right now,even with that window open,the plants would suffer.the heat up there at moment is shocking.just trying 2 help mate.hope u fix it,asap.good luck.

Yeah Snakey i do agree, it has been very warm and humid this past wee while, but have managed to keep the temps under control, when they go high in there its like no more than 29*c lol.... sorry if that message seemed blunt or rude lol that was not my intention... am almost certain it is the Mg Deficiency i posted about with the pictures, symptoms seem right for it to be that, but will find out over the next couple of days as the girls start taking up and using the Magnesium I have given them, although still only gave a very weak dose as dont want to overdo anything lol... lol yeah thats why im using CFL as oppose to HID/HPS lol if i had one of those i would need an air-con system installed to keep temps down hahaha...

No your OK random,I don't take offence easily.and I didn't read it that way.alls good.could I suggest something,an its only an idea.I've had good chats with a couple of fellas in a grow shop in Belfast.and they were excellent guys,good advice ect.if you have a grow shop in your town.go in,buy something cheap,like a bottle of food,£10 say,and talk to them.then maybe show a picture of your sick plants.I know this sounds silly,but I know for 100% if I had of done that if my plants were in a bad way,they would of looked at the pictures,an told me straight away what the problem is.its only an idea random.each to their own,an I'll leave that with you,but the guys that work in those places are growers themselves,and should be more than willing to help a fellow grower.in fact you may leave the shop with exactly what it is you need.

unfortunately where im at snakey, i dont have grow or hydroponics shops anywhere near me, in fact we dont even have a head shop nearby, closest thing to it we have is a garden centre and even those are 20 minit drive from me haha and no chance im going to ask them for any advice :hmmmm::hmmmm: Thats why i have to buy everything online, and depend on the good folks on sites like this (andmy bro Scottish!!) to help me out and offer advice where needed, just with this problem, me and every1 else seems to have done the same thing u just did and suggest it could be too much heat, or from overwater in early days etc lol, that y i had spent almost my entire morning the other day researching the possibilities of what could be wrong lol and thinking/hoping that ive nailed it this time lol as its been dragging on too long now, another week as they are and there will be very little point in letting them finish IMO... the advice u gave about going to a grow shop is very good advice indeed lol just dont have any nearby that i could just nip in, so will have to wait and see what the next few days brings, but feeling very optimistic!!

My fingers are crossed for you.I had some burn ect early on,I say burn,I'm guessing burn.but it quickly sorted itself out.do you check your pH? Now I didn't random.I don't even have a pH metre.an idea I would suggest,would be on your next watering,squeeze some lemon juice into the water.its more than likely most of us,water taps,have a high pH.lemon juice lowers it.if you honestly think your going to lose the plants,I would try lemon juice.then give it a week.if I was in your shoes,I'd try that now.other than that.I've no idea random.really hope you fix this,as I know no1 wants a dead plant.its to costly this growing.hope it works out buddy:goodluck:

Another thing to consider random.its autos your growing.everything those plants need,is in the soil.be very careful adding more nuts.autos don't need much.in fact at such an early stage,I personally wouldn't add any food ect.pH.I'm convinced the pH is to high,its locked the nuts from the soil out.or the soils so hot,its just burnt the life clean out of the plants.man its a hard one.it would take a person to attend a class in tech to fully understand what affect water,food ect actually has on plants.I can't grow for at least a year.so when I move house,I'm going to grow some tomato plants,onion plants,as they seem to grow like cannabis plants,just to get a better understanding of how plants respond to different things.

I've not been checking my PH Snakey no, but have ordered a PH Meter now so will be starting to check it as soon as that arrives, you are on the right lines i think as i know that Mg uptake is stopped by a low PH so this could be part of the problem, but not 100% convinced at this stage, as overwater is also a cause for the plant to not be able to take up the Mg and if u remember (or look back in the thread) that is something that was giving me hassle couple weeks ago, and it seems to be that not long after that was when i started to notice changes in the colour of my leaf... Im not feeding anything anyway, or adding any nutes, only thing i have added was the Epsom Salts the other day, and that was given as a foliar, and only a small amount added to the soil, and was mixed at a very weak solution...
my leaves do seem as though they are slowly returning a slight greeny shade back to them, but not sure if its just my eyes playing trick on me lol, but all seems well at this stage, slow, but well lol, i have put another sweet cheese seed in to germinate now aswell, just in case i do end up with a casualty, and i reckon with the slowness these 3 are growing at the moment, she should hopefully catch up with, or at least not be too far behind the rest lolol

Yeah its a pity mate.I feel for you.I spent many hours reading online about these plants well before I bought any of the equipment.I was convinced I knew enough.but truth is,I don't.because what looks like burn,could be over watered,an so on.its a science,just trying to understand these plants.what confuses me is these plants grow fantastic in nature,just soil and rain water,but bring them indoors,put them under a light in a tent,or wardrope,and suddenly all these problems start happening.truth is random,if I were in your shoes right now,I wouldn't actually know how to fix it,like you,just trying to guess the problem. I really hope you don't lose your plant man.you don't deserve that.no1 does.I must of just got lucky with mine,cause I've come across a few growers with autos with badly burnt plants ect.they are fussy little things,cannabis plants.but even if I don't grow all the time,I love learning about them.in fact its becoming a hobbie for me.hope it all works out random.fingers crossed for you:high-five:

I'm feelinng fairly confident at this stage that everything should be ok now, I spent months following journals on here, and researching around before i even thought about buying any of my eqpt, and even then i only have a basic set up until I master these things lol... I know that i did suffer over water in the first week or 2, that in itself caused problems, but im thinking that as a knock on effect from that it has caused me the Mg deficiency that i believe i have now, i mean i could of course be totally wrong, in wich case the treatment of Epsom Salts i have given them will have been for nothing, and i will be at a complete loss as to what it could be lol, but as i say Snakey, im sure it is almost defo a Mg deficiency, often happens from either a low PH or overwater, thats whats persuaded me to order myself a PH tester, so I can be sure that the water im using is ok, although i have read a lot that soil will buffer PH to a degree anyway?? so hoping that its just from the overwater, and that the worst of it is behind me lol but i thought that before and look where im at now lol

I know mate,I know.I'll keep a wee eye on your grow.hopefully by next week its all good,an they spring into bushy little ladies for you.if it is def dying,you should march into b & q and demand a refund,"I bought these plants out of here,and look at the state of them":rofl: they wouldnt have a clue what type of plants they are:rofl: could you imagine actually walking out with a refund,no receipt, months later b & q stinking like a cannabis farm:partyboy:

lol well thats definitely what im hoping for snakey, i dare say, to me it seems like there has been an improvement these last couple of days, but cant be 100% sure if it is that they are improving, or that im wanting them to so much that my head is convincing me they are if that makes sense... haha yeah, take them back and tell them i bought them believing they tomatoes but that they dont look very much like a tomato haha, usually people wif only half a brain cell work in the likes of b&q though haha so would prob give a refund and go tell there manager they just got some funky tomato plant returned lolol....

UPDATE: I popped another Sweet Cheese into soil on friday afternoon, she has now poked her head up above the soil and is waving her cotyledons at me now :thumb: with 1st leaf tip showing in the middle, so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that she at least will grow with minimal, well hopefully NO, problems!! Day 1 for her will probably be tommorow, so will update with pics of her and the other 3 tommorow and let u all know how they are getting on!!

just a wee update, im sorry peoples, i said i would update with pics today, but havent got it in me, so will do it tomorrow evening now...!!

Sweet Cheese#2 (as in my second sweet cheese seed that I put in soil Friday!) started to show above soil yesterday, and is properly on day one today with her first leaves just about coming through (about a cm long atm)... My other three girls that have been suffering for the last few weeks at last seem like they may well be starting to progress, i wont hold my breath at this stage, but things seem to be looking up, and got a feeling they may well have a wee growth spurt over the coming week. I saying that its needed, they are now at the end of week 5 and they are still looking like very sorry little things...

so thats how things are for the moment, as ive said i will definitely get on and update with pics tomorrow evening...

Wow week 5 random.I was smoking good stuff of my NL at week 6.they are def so young looking 4 week 5.if they do make it,your going 2 have 2 let this grow go about 15 weeks,instead of the 12.:goodluck: but def keep them going,only pull down if completely dead.hopefully your 2nd sweet cheese sails through the grow without any hassle

yep, growth has been stumped majorly, kinda hoping they take a wee growth spurt over these next few days, but then kinda hoping they dont becuase i have just put another seed to soil lol but they do seem to be heading in the right direction again now snakey, so will see what happens over the next week or so... I dont mind how long ill have to wait for them anymore lol originally when i planted them i was hoping for a quick simple trouble free grow, but thats not worked out for me, so now i am just hoping to at least get a reasonable smoke out of them, however long it takes, but yeah, they seem 2 be about 2-3 weeks behind where they should be so about 15/16 weeks a reckon is about right, basically another 10/11 weeks to go, just hoping that they start to really fill out over the next week before they start to flower... time will tell...

If you have the room,keep everything going(the two you just got going).you might have to add another cfl bulb to the grow somewhere down the line.that'll be 5 plants then if I'm correct? Possibly another small clip on fan.

no snakelad, i only put in 1 more seed the other day, so have 4 in total now, so hoping to be able to just raise and adjust the pot where and when needed... i have been considering another CFL light for my grow room, but have decided that there wouldnt be too much point at the minute, ive spent sooooo long trying to get my tems down right, and just about managed it now, that another light would just add toooooo much for me lol, thinking maybe get a 2nd light for the winter, and will probably try and do most of my growing then, the advantage is i live in Scotland, so we have loooooong winters lol so could prob get 2 good grows while the weather is cooler, and then in summer time just have a couple plants under 1 light...

Back
Top Bottom