New to the grow

JKLR1

420 Member
I tried growing 40 years ago with a couple fluorescent bulbs and some unknown seeds. Needless to say the outcome was less than desirable but had lots of fun. Always said when it became legal I would try it again. Now just looking to grow to see what I can do. Looking for experience to help along the way.

Welcome to the Forum @JKLR1 ! You found the right place as there are lots of helpful, experienced growers happy to help simply for the asking.

Canna is a plant with different needs than a typical plant, but we can get you sorted once we find out how you want to grow, so a few questions to get started.

Indoor or outdoor? If indoor, tell us about your (proposed) set-up.
Soil, coco, perlite or hydro?
How big a plant in how long a cycle do you want?
Photo period or auto flower?
Seeds or clones?
How big a harvest do you need?

We'll have lots more, but those will get you started, and the answers to which will help us point you to the appropriate members and info.

I tried growing 40 years ago with a couple fluorescent bulbs and some unknown seeds. Needless to say the outcome was less than desirable but had lots of fun. Always said when it became legal I would try it again. Now just looking to grow to see what I can do. Looking for experience to help along the way.
Hey Buddy :ciao: Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
Glad it's legal now. :thumb:
How is the garden today?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This is the two little plants i almost starved

image.jpg

This is the two little plants i almost starved

image.jpg
Sitting up nicely for their pic. :thumb:
When you water/feed does it leak out onto the carpet? :Namaste:
If your not getting run off that's not great for the tap root.
And I'm not picking on you just trying to help, the pots are half empty.
That's a lot of root space not available anymore.
She needs that space.
Especially in hard sided pots.
Just observations, 2 cents. :Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:
Nice clean setup though. :welldone:
Take care my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to the Forum @JKLR1 ! You found the right place as there are lots of helpful, experienced growers happy to help simply for the asking.

Canna is a plant with different needs than a typical plant, but we can get you sorted once we find out how you want to grow, so a few questions to get started.

Indoor or outdoor? If indoor, tell us about your (proposed) set-up.
Soil, coco, perlite or hydro?
How big a plant in how long a cycle do you want?
Photo period or auto flower?
Seeds or clones?
How big a harvest do you need?

We'll have lots more, but those will get you started, and the answers to which will help us point you to the appropriate members and info.
I’m growing indoors in a 4x4 tent. Im growing in ocean forest soil. Currently growing 18-6 light cycle. California lightworks solarextreme 1000. 26” above folage top.
I have 4 girls at 47 days from homboldt seeds. 2 blueberry muffin and 2 blueberry cupcake. Fem photo period.
I would like to get an oz+ of bud.
I’ve been using ph perfect connoisseur grow fertilizer, cal mag and bloom city root stimulator. I use distilled water and then adjust ph after adding my fertilizer. Aprea 5 in 1 to adjust ph.
I have not done much in the way of defoliation or pruning and want to get going.
Hopefully this answers a few questions about my grow.
IMG_5666.jpeg

Welcome to the 420 Magazine family @JKLR1. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo::circle-of-love::theband::circle-of-love::party:

Sitting up nicely for their pic. :thumb:
When you water/feed does it leak out onto the carpet? :Namaste:
If your not getting run off that's not great for the tap root.
And I'm not picking on you just trying to help, the pots are half empty.
That's a lot of root space not available anymore.
She needs that space.
Especially in hard sided pots.
Just observations, 2 cents. :Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:
Nice clean setup though. :welldone:
Take care my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
No I just been watering a little bit I haven’t went until I had run off. I was just in there though and I was wondering if I need to use more water, my soil is dry enough to water again just after about 24 hrs so I was about to use more water the next time and see how it went.

No I just been watering a little bit I haven’t went until I had run off. I was just in there though and I was wondering if I need to use more water, my soil is dry enough to water again just after about 24 hrs so I was about to use more water the next time and see how it went.
The roots shoot to the bottom.
They need fed.
Feed once until it comes out.
Get a saucer. :Namaste:
Lift the pot, feel the weight.
Then let it sit to dry. 2/3 / 4 days.
She will droop a little.
Repeat the watering process again and wait.
Soaking/ drying is key.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah, you're going to have to try pretty hard not to beat that level. What's your plan for flipping them to flower? You can train the branches out to the sides if you want to maximize your space. I'm partial to Quadlining (link in my sig) but you're a bit passed where that will help you with this round.

If you spread the branches out a bit the inners will get more light so you'll get more buds worthy of that light. In cloth pots I'd put binder clips around the lip of the pot and tie some garden twine midway up a branch and pull it out to the pot edge, or use Carhooks to hold the branches down but they may be too robust for that approach now.

Whatever you do go slowly if bending branches so you don't snap them, even if it takes several days to move them where you want.

The roots shoot to the bottom.
They need fed.
Feed once until it comes out.
Get a saucer. :Namaste:
Lift the pot, feel the weight.
Then let it sit to dry. 2/3 / 4 days.
She will droop a little.
Repeat the watering process again and wait.
Soaking/ drying is key.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
image.jpg

This is my next round that just came through the dirt. I have the medium set up better and switched to those pots they have huge holes in the bottom and you can see I filled them better lol

I’m growing indoors in a 4x4 tent. Im growing in ocean forest soil. Currently growing 18-6 light cycle. California lightworks solarextreme 1000. 26” above folage top.
I have 4 girls at 47 days from homboldt seeds. 2 blueberry muffin and 2 blueberry cupcake. Fem photo period.
I’ve been using ph perfect connoisseur grow fertilizer, cal mag and bloom city root stimulator. I use distilled water and then adjust ph after adding my fertilizer. Aprea 5 in 1 to adjust ph.
I have not done much in the way of defoliation or pruning and want to get going.
Hopefully this answers a few questions about my grow.
IMG_5666.jpeg
Seems like you still remember quite a bit even though it's been 40 yrs.

What are you looking for as far as advice?

image.jpg

This is my next round that just came through the dirt. I have the medium set up better and switched to those pots they have huge holes in the bottom and you can see I filled them better lol
I just realized I didn't exactly clarify what I meant.
Let them dry and feel the difference between wet & dry.
Repeat. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah, you're going to have to try pretty hard not to beat that level. What's your plan for flipping them to flower? You can train the branches out to the sides if you want to maximize your space. I'm partial to Quadlining (link in my sig) but you're a bit passed where that will help you with this round.

If you spread the branches out a bit the inners will get more light so you'll get more buds worthy of that light. In cloth pots I'd put binder clips around the lip of the pot and tie some garden twine midway up a branch and pull it out to the pot edge, or use Carhooks to hold the branches down but they may be too robust for that approach now.

Whatever you do go slowly if bending branches so you don't snap them, even if it takes several days to move them where you want.
They are auto flower so I just run 18-6 start to finish

They are auto flower so I just run 18-6 start to finish
Ahhh. I thought they were photoperiods. I don't grow autos but have learned from proficient auto growers that any setback can stunt them permanently since there is no recovery time.

Ahhh. I thought they were photoperiods. I don't grow autos but have learned from proficient auto growers that any setback can stunt them permanently since there is no recovery time.
Yeah definitely so. I’m just getting dialed in. I’m getting my environment and feeding schedule and watering perfected and I want to go assembly line with auto flowers. I have another closet exactly the same as this one I’m waiting for lights for. I also built a light proof air tight room for drying and curing.

Back
Top Bottom