New York is getting real close

Doctor Trevor

from: New York is on the brink legalizing marijuana for recreational use

"Anyone over the age of 21 would be allowed to grow up to three mature and three immature cannabis plants at their home, up to a maximum of 12 total plants per household. Card-carrying medical marijuana users would be able to begin growing within six months of the bill taking effect; Recreational users would have to wait until 18 months after the first dispensary opens."

But the recreational grower can't legally start growing in eighteen month. He/she will have to wait eighteen months AFTER the dispensaries open.

This could be three years from now.

Scared me for a minute. I’m fine with it staying where it is. Great if it wants to legalize though.

yeah, i was thinking continental drift lol ... swift as the rate of gun control

ever think weed reformation might be a gateway drug to gun control ? :cheesygrinsmiley:

After the cash grab some state legislatures have put into their legalization, whether medical, recreational or both, the biggest problem will be crossing state lines.

By the looks of it, Marijuana use or possession, is either decriminalized or allowed for medical or recreational use, in a majority of the states. I feel that the Feds are going to have to accept that and step in to create some sort of regulation that allows possession across from one state or another.

Maybe the Feds should just decriminalize possession and step away. Otherwise they could come up with some weird rules for how to carry some weed when going from one state to another to visit friends or family. And it will be a real cluster if the Feds decide that they want to jump on the bandwagon and tax growers, processors and businesses selling to the citizens.

After the cash grab some state legislatures have put into their legalization, whether medical, recreational or both, the biggest problem will be crossing state lines.

By the looks of it, Marijuana use or possession, is either decriminalized or allowed for medical or recreational use, in a majority of the states. I feel that the Feds are going to have to accept that and step in to create some sort of regulation that allows possession across from one state or another.

we have federal carry limits in canada. individual provinces can enact their own and impose lower limits, but they can't exceed the federal limit - 30 grams.

Maybe the Feds should just decriminalize possession and step away. Otherwise they could come up with some weird rules for how to carry some weed when going from one state to another to visit friends or family. And it will be a real cluster if the Feds decide that they want to jump on the bandwagon and tax growers, processors and businesses selling to the citizens.

that is exactly where legal is going. what you described is the marketplace in any country that has legalized. the feds are gonna tax it at every level the same as it is here.

And people wonder why it costs so much to buy from a licensed seller. Wait till the New York residents get to experience the tax on the level of THC in the 1/8 they want to buy.

One of the states either passed the legislation or it is under consideration but no home-grown weed. It has be bought at a licensed dealer.

And people wonder why it costs so much to buy from a licensed seller. Wait till the New York residents get to experience the tax on the level of THC in the 1/8 they want to buy.

One of the states either passed the legislation or it is under consideration but no home-grown weed. It has be bought at a licensed dealer.
An ounce of weed in New York (on the street) is about $325; to buy it in a dispensary, the price is about $400.

Guess where I'll be buying my shit from!

holy crap - it was well under $200 for a decent ounce pre-legal here. it wasn't that hard to get it for $100 if you weren't too choosy. even quarters could be had for $45 - $60 depending on quality.

black market prices are even lower now. the legal market is about par with that to a third or so more expensive. but the product is junk.

But the recreational grower can't legally start growing in eighteen month. He/she will have to wait eighteen months AFTER the dispensaries open.

This could be three years from now.

if your roll out experience is anything like ours, leo will stop being concerned long before the official date. as long as you aren't too vocal one no will really care if you start up a personal.

Back
Top Bottom