Newb needs help with 2 week old plant

Yup. Had to look back and noticed tin foil. Ok. Remove it because it can cause more problems due hotspots.

I would count 400 bucks without electricity cost to finish a first grow... Absolute minimum. thats just me...but in the end you will be happier then goofin arround with crappy environments

I spent almost 1000 bucks for first grow and added another 700 on the fourth replacing the lights. Well i got ~5000 bucks worth of meds during that time... So go for it and pay some dollars

You can buy mars or vipar, i started with mars, too, but they are not very efficient. An average HPS puts out more light per watt then a LED in that category. And you will notice the first LED lenses burning after max 2 years... Especially the blue ones... Even if not the light output goes down while wattage consumption stays the same. My first diodes popped after 3 grows... Thats not good at all.

You save money buying a cob from the beginning.... They run for many many years without light loss and get better results.

For your small sized grow a single Vero29.7 4000K dimmable between 30 and 100W would be enough and it would cost you max 100 bucks. Check ebay for diy kits.

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Yup. Had to look back and noticed tin foil. Ok. Remove it because it can cause more problems due hotspots.

I would count 400 bucks to finish a grow... Absolute minimum. thats just me...but in the end you will be happier then goofin arround with crappy environments

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas
Yeah I never noticed that either just paint your space white, it's more reflective and also less fire hazard as foil is conductive, if you have the money though buy some mylar sheeting if not then white is bright lol

Newbie Grow
Mikeyxb - 2 Plant One Pot Plus More

Hi Supraplantmir, there are many excelent Nutes out there whatever you use Please take it from someone who has been going through hell on his first grow go light on your nutes with your seedling. if you don't have a Hydro store near you then you can go to Amazon or Ebay they have them all.
what type of soil are you using? premium soil makes a big difference in the growing of your plant. easy on the watering as over-watering can at best stunt the growth, at worst kill the baby. there are a lot of good people here that will help you don't be afraid to ask for it.
Best wishes Jorgie. God Bless, Keep it Growing-Keep it Green.

I actually have them in a closet. This is the space.

420-magazine-mobile1764197288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's cool I went from this in August last year
420-magazine-mobile1918980908.jpg

To this taken today lol
420-magazine-mobile224759089.jpg

It's a good experience starting on a next to nothing budget my first plant which is the one I started off in the first pic I got 7.14oz wet from

420-magazine-mobile548762505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile872659637.jpg

She got upgraded to a tent and cfl in December and the smoke was awesome

She probably cost me £120 at most

Newbie Grow

Yeah I never noticed that either just paint your space white, it's more reflective and also less fire hazard as foil is conductive, if you have the money though buy some mylar sheeting if not then white is bright lol

Newbie Grow

420-magazine-mobile89694199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile334291043.jpg

Ok so I just bought more lights and rearranged everything.

Foil is gone (thanks for the tip) just have an extra windshield sun cover to help reflect the light/heat. Heat lamp is also gone.

Please let me know if these bulbs are ok. Thanks!

420-magazine-mobile194566088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2049634027.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89694199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile334291043.jpg

Ok so I just bought more lights and rearranged everything.

Foil is gone (thanks for the tip) just have an extra windshield sun cover to help reflect the light/heat. Heat lamp is also gone.

Please let me know if these bulbs are ok. Thanks!

420-magazine-mobile194566088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2049634027.jpg

Looking good nice idea with the windscreen reflector I like your thinking

Newbie Grow

Much better using the windshield cover instead of foil!

"You can fail at doing something you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing something you love" ~ Jim Carrey

Back
Top Bottom