Newbe

TIRED OLD TIMER

420 Member
I'm a new member that started growing two marijuana plants last june. The 3 in. plants were given to me by an acquaintance. One of the plants has bluish green stems and has smelled like a skunk since it was a foot tall. That plant grew tall and slim compared to the other one that didn't smell and grew as a bush. They are now about 4 ft. tall and budding. I cloned the plant that doesn't smell while it was in the growing phase because I had so much trouble with the one that smelled. The wind would cause branches to break. I would tape them and they grew well but they were a constant problem. Now my daughter who uses marijuana once in a while tells me I should have cloned the plant that smells. I'm in my early eighties and have never used or tried marijuana. Is there anyone out there that can guess at to what type of plant this is and where I could get a seed for it. Sounds like an impossibility. I've just retired and this has become my passtime.

I'm a new member that started growing two marijuana plants last june. The 3 in. plants were given to me by an acquaintance. One of the plants has bluish green stems and has smelled like a skunk since it was a foot tall. That plant grew tall and slim compared to the other one that didn't smell and grew as a bush. They are now about 4 ft. tall and budding. I cloned the plant that doesn't smell while it was in the growing phase because I had so much trouble with the one that smelled. The wind would cause branches to break. I would tape them and they grew well but they were a constant problem. Now my daughter who uses marijuana once in a while tells me I should have cloned the plant that smells. I'm in my early eighties and have never used or tried marijuana. Is there anyone out there that can guess at to what type of plant this is and where I could get a seed for it. Sounds like an impossibility. I've just retired and this has become my passtime.
Hi Tired Old Timer Welcome aboard and welcome to a world of seeds. I've been growing @Weedseedsexpress seeds this run and they are very good to deal with and have good seeds so far. They are sponsors here at the 420mag and offer a discount to us. I'm a TOM, Tired old Man, myself though quite a few years younger. Nice passtime! My wife and I use it to stay off opioids and for fun too.

:welcome:

I mean no offense :passitleft:...I'm just saying, cause I have 2 of them
Amnesia Lemon.JPG

Pineapple Chunk.JPG

Did you decide on which type of seed you were getting? If you buy feminized seeds it's about 99% sure to be a female and nobody wants to waste it on a male right? When you described the difference in smell and having trouble with the one, perhaps you had an autoflower, they tend to, I think, start getting funk-skunk earlier than a regular photo period plant. The photos can take longer than 5 months, autos in about 3 and half and a little longer then they are done.
Do you have a legal dispensary near you? They definitely could have samples to smell so you could pick it out that way and know exactly what to order. If I could do that I would but the dispensary here only sells it prepackaged by appointment and its outrageous for recreational just to buy and have a smell. If they try to sell you a prerolled, dont get it. Its final trim larf off the flowers and BS.
I hope you can get what gotta get to help you out with your retirement hobby good growing with you.

Welcome!

Hi TOT from OMU! Being 66 next week puts me in the old fart's club but a ways behind you yet. My mom turned 93 in Aug and still gets around pretty good tho a lot slower. Almost totally blind but you couldn't tell to watch her working in the kitchen or garden. Unfortunately I was adopted so it's a crap shoot for me. :)

Get yourself some hi-CBD stuff to grow and learn to make good edibles if you want decent pain relief and just to feel better. With my arthritis trimming is a real pain so I make most of my meds from lightly trimmed buds fresh off the plants that I freeze wet for later cooking up in coconut oil. Toss the frozen buds in hot oil and grind them up with a hand blender. cook for a while at about 100C until all the water boils off then raise the temp to around 250F until the decarb bubbles stop. Lower temp below 212F and add some liquid sunflower lecithin and steeep for a while. Then strain into a mason jar and freeze twice. A tsp in the evening lets me wake up in much less pain and keeps it low all day.

No need to dry and cure or trim out all those sugar leaves. Drying loses terpenes too as does oven decarb so don't want that.

Great hobby for sure!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom