Newbie DWC GSC Auto Grow: Please Help Me Get It Right

Are you going to top her? other than what I mention above I really can't think of anything more ?

Keep asking. :). ..if I can help I will...all I can share are my trials and errors ...just please note my disclaimer ...that I am medicated ..and what worked for my strains and environment in the past might not be the solution for you and your variables ...does that make sense? :ganjamon: :thumb::goodjob:

Case in point. So im trying to grow out some bag seeds to try and replicate my issues and find solution.
A couple of seeds went straight into soil, a mix of potting soil and seedling starter soil. Plain tap water. And straight off the bat, the color is so pale.

1.jpg

Ive got 4 more seeds in a paper towel, and Im going to put them in 4 starter cups, and will use : Soil+Tap/Soil+RO/Coco+tap/Coco+RO. Hopefully will shed some light.

Landrace bags seeds at least germinate and sprout in this soil. I have not had any auto sprout in soil.

The only thing that has ever stunted my growth in hydro was bucket temp. Yours seems spot on and it appears to me to be a light, air pump in the cabinet , Cali mag problem.

I don't know the first thing about soil but beans do not need nutes that's for sure so it has got to be your light ? I have never germed with anything but mineral or spring water .so it could very well be your water?

It will be interesting to see what gives you success !

Hey folks!

A bit to report.
On the 14th I was kinda due for a res change, almost a week. Since we were having continuing issues, I chose to use a local 5 part nute brand instead of the AN Jungle Juice, while I wait for the AN pH perfect 3-part base nutrients to be delivered today. Pic attached.

1.png
I mixed it in to a much more reasonable sounding 0.64 EC, and almost immediately found the plant to be looking a lot healthier. 3 days later, below, and the green is a lot more even, the secondary branches have found some color and a spurt in growth too!

1.jpg 2.jpg

However, these nutes also are an unknown, and I will be receiving the AN pH Down base nutes today. My question is, how would you advise me to mix the AN pH perfect range ? Follow manufacturers ratio instructions to the current EC, or in totality ?

Another thing, my res temps are rising, and have breached 20*c at times. I went back and added the smallest touch of bactorr13 inoculant.

Thanks all!

I have no idea what bactrorr13 is so I can't recommend using it . I can tell you that if you air pump is still in your cabinet as the plants get bigger it will raise your temp to be sure .

You feed as the ec/ppm/TDS raises or falls in conjunction with the water level . How are you measuring how much water they are drinking ...then read up and cross reference with the guidelines I posted for you ... Hope this helps :)

Hi folks!
Hope you all keeping safe and well.

The plant here, Blimburn GSC auto, we started here in Jan, started with a ton of issues, I was mixing the nutes wrong, the res temps were getting out of hand, I was using products which I remain unfamilier with..

Im happy to say i seem to have sorted my mess out. got the nutes working. Bit a bullet and got myself a chiller. AN pHperfect base nutes, used nothing else, kept it simple, and here we are

1.jpg

I started this seed in her own bucket, with another bucket trying to grow a NL auto, which was also not working and I pretty much gave up on the Northern Lights... However, since I got myself a chiller, and had really put in too much time to throw the NL out, and could not in good time rig myself a RWDC setup, I had to grow em out in the same container... As of a couple of weeks ago, it started getting outta hand! So finally day before, I managed to get the NL out of this container into its own make shift bubbler for the end week or so before harvest, hopefully will avoid rot intermediately, no chiller in the NL bucket..

2.jpg and then moved the NL auto out. 3.jpg

Today I further trained the GSC out, and did some defoliation. She started flowering bout a week and a half or two ago.

1a.jpg 2a.jpg 3a.jpg 4a.jpg

Tap water.
20L solution in res. (now bout 15, topped up to 20)
BG EC/pH : 0.300/7.6
Res EC/pH : 1.4/6.1

This girl is drinking a healthy amount of water. the pH is super stable, and the EC is dropping. Im upping the EC with every topup, and it still continues to drop. Im only topping up 3-5L at a time, changing the res out completely causes big pH fluctuations, and it takes a couple of days to settle down. The last time I did this im fairly sure the GSC new growth went all pale for a bit.

Straight out thank you all. @Northern Hydro @Lewydeville @Chris Scorpio and everyone who has pitched in!
@bluenoserjoe who is helping me finish the NL grow! I still havn't harvested it!

So, if you fine gents and ladies find something to suggest, or would like for me to share some other details please ask. I remain in gratitude.
Also, I had to move in with my mum as our planet was shutting down. And was lucky to be able to move these plants. I dont have a cabinet anymore, and my lights rig is now desperately lacking, hopefully I should be in a position to augment my bulbs this week. Another 3 atleast.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Thank you all!
Please be safe and take care.

Cheers!

Hey congratulations Sid what a difference! Lovely white roots and lush green growth. Well on your way to some fat buds now

Thanks Lewy! Hopefully! Stick around and guide me. I'm at the end of my tether and really shooting in the dark now on... Do I do what now ?
Looks like you got a good plan and have really put in a lot of great work !
Now the fun begins .... :popcorn:

Hey Northern! I don't have a plan anymore! I need one. I really don't know what to do next, or if anything needs to be done. Heck, I've got a NL which im too scared to take down cause I don't know if it ready!

So small dunno if an issue. Mums house in a fairly green area. So these plants have been like attracting small bugs, tiny flies and such.. dunno what to do to keep em away. The seem to like come and go for days at a time.
I don't have any supplies here and neither can buy any. Back home I've got neem oil and all. I do have a neem tree growing by the house...

I'll try and post some pics and you guys can please help me with the training... Thanks a ton as always.

Take care!

Keep doing what you are doing but make sure your girls get 12 hours of ABSOLUTE, COMPLETE darkness 12 hours a day.
I’m on a mobile device so I can’t see you plants but based on the size and time , and pistols, it’s time for you to encourage them to finish before they get any bigger now that they are in their forever home.

Keep up with once a week bucket changes also :) Good luck :)

Ah! ok!
So these are autos. I have them on a 20/4 cycle.
From what I am reading, cannabis needs a certain DLI for healthy growth. With my very weak lights, long Light-on times helps those number.

But I need to keep it compact still. So a 12/12 lights cycle will stop it growing much more ? How will it effect bud production ? I also dont have a cabinute or a tent here, so full dark cycles will prove challenging.

I'll now have two options, keep lights going 20/4 and try and augment the spread with more lights. This is doable with some effort.
Second option is to switch to 12/12, and find a way to lug my cabinet across town. This may be much harder.

All very good questions ! Outdoors doesn't provide 100 percent darkness , but , the days naturally get shorter as the outdoor growing season ends ..and I think it's pretty important . After you flip them to bloom ( meaning, you expose them to no more than 12 hours of light a day, and you decrease nitrogen , increase mag /potassium) you will get a bit of a stretch depending on strain and light intensity, but the light cycle and change of nutes will get her buds swelling in anticipation of pollination vs, growth .. Clear as mud ?

Kinda..
I get how the dark cycle is essential to photo period strains, but its the first im hearing of any benifit of a 12.12 on autos...

So if I gather correct, the cross between a photo and a ruderali causes the autoflowering aspect of the ruderali along with the growth aspects of the photo, so we can control light times to control growth without loosing potential harvest for a similar sized growth under a longer light cycle ? eee....

Ill start reading bout thsi now... :reading420magazine:

A plant is a plant ...meh ...I've heard all kinds of sentiments about autos and honestly I've only tried to grow one once and it was meh . I find them pretty boring .
My interpretation : an auto will start to bloom whenever it feels like , a photo will start pushing pistols when she thinks it's time to pollinate (less light ) you have the growth ( 5 months of veg is enough time to be sure , I try to veg every strain at least 60 days before I flip or clone , ..some I have had to flip early because they were getting too big , the auto I speak of that I tried I treated no different than my photo's .

I could be sending you down a corn hole so hopefully someone will correct, or explain it better for you ? You root and plants look great ! Be sure to pick up a scope to check your trics on your NL

Back
Top Bottom