Newbie Grow: Closet CFL Painkiller

26 days old, and we've almost got the pot covered covered. I'll probably keep her in veg long enough to make sure at least on the next projects are viable, that way if I need new cuttings I'll still have the opportunity.

I notice a little burning on some of the fan leaves, I'm not sure if it's from not raising the light soon enough or not.

Hopefully she keeps going strong.

Attachments

• IMG_20190121_120442.jpg
    IMG_20190121_120442.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20190121_120506.jpg
    IMG_20190121_120506.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 85
Late mid week update, I had taken 3 clones from my original Painkiller girl, using simple water cloning. After those clones were taken, my buddy told me, "she's a tough one to clone, so here's a GLP cutting and some of seeds.

So I started one said seed, and waiting for the cutting to take, thinking, out of all this, I've got to have at least one or two viable plants. I'll just find a small area in the garage for the survivors. Just the opposite of my luck usually, everything survived and rooted, the cutting is questionable, but the other cuttings and seed are all throwing out roots like happy campers.

I'll probably move 2 of the PK clones into flower with the original, just to save space, and only grow the 3rd big enough to get another clone or 3, then throw her into flower as well, focusing my veg on the other two strains.

Maybe now my wife will see the benefit of a grow tent instead of having the ladies spread out through out the house. Lol.

Been awhile since I've updated, PK is still going strong, she got into a bigger pot last night. Hoping to go to flower in the next week or two. My others not so much, I lost all the clones from this girl, and had a light to close to my seedling and GLP clone, hoping to still be able to salvage those two.

Fingers crossed
IMG_20190203_173347.jpg
I would definitely take some more clones right before going into flower. Check out in my tutorials a DIY cloner that will make this an easy process for you. :goodluck::love:

I would definitely take some more clones right before going into flower. Check out in my tutorials a DIY cloner that will make this an easy process for you. :goodluck::love:
Thank you for pointing me in that direction! My first attempt at cloning was simple water cloning. No air stones, they all looked like they were rooting, then in the next couple days just went to shit. I will definitely be putting one of these together in the very near future.

Bummer losing your clones.
Yeah, but i only took three, and being a noob, it doesn't surprise me. As long as I can salvage the other two little ones, I'll be okay.

I'll attempt more PK clones just before she goes into flower. And hopefully salvage something. As soon as I can expand my project and split the plants up I'll throw her in flower. So much to do with so little time in a day.

I would have trimmed those lower leaves later once you started growing upwards more and they become shadowed. If they get sufficient light they'd only help at this point. They look strong though. More light couldn't hurt for faster growth.

I would have trimmed those lower leaves later once you started growing upwards more and they become shadowed. If they get sufficient light they'd only help at this point. They look strong though. More light couldn't hurt for faster growth.
Yeah that was something I thought about after the fact. I got a head of myself wanting to be hands on, when I should of been letting her do her thing. Lesson learned though.

Day 42 of veg, she got a few hours of real sunlight today. I'm also seeing some green coming back on the seedling and clone I thought I killed. Though there is also some green going on on the perlite of my hempy cup the clones in...any ideas?
img_20190207_164510-jpg.1718368

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_164510.jpg
    IMG_20190207_164510.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 207
The seedling and clone are at 14 days, but were over heated and are just now turning around. I'm hoping to save them both. And put the big girl to flower next week.

Sorry for multiple posts, scatter brained this afternoon thanks to an unexpected family visit that ended in my last pipe being shattered....womp womp womp.

Back
Top Bottom