Newbie Grow Journal 1st Entry JMills

jmills826

Hey guys im a newbie having only grown some garbage outside in the past ,i would of started my grow journal at the start but ive been so busy trying to get everything going but im on week 3,im using cfl 8 5000k,1 6500k, 5 2700k and 2 2700k LED. When i throw my gals into flower i am gonna add 2 400watt hps bulbs to the 2700k bulbs i already have.
Im using a coco fiber, sphagnum moss and peralite soil with good drainage, also i have decent air flow for now with a box fan blowing on the gals and a oscillating fan i took the base off of to blow air out of my closet at the top of the doorway which i want to move it over in between the 2 closet door panels blowing up and out at the ceiling, im planning to add a few very small desk or even computer fans in the 2 back corners. I started out with some aluminum foil and foil cooking tins but got rid of it and added some reflective car visors to above and all sides except where the fans blowing in.
Anyway theres some pics in my gallery from the first 2 weeks but heres some i just took...
20170403_075851.jpg
20170403_075842.jpg
20170403_075605.jpg
20170403_075539.jpg
20170403_075528.jpg
20170403_075520.jpg
20170403_075511.jpg
20170403_075505.jpg

You have the most important part of the grow which is healthy plants. When you go to flower you'd better seal up that closet so no light gets in. When I did an actual closet grow (many years ago), I built and enclosure, now you can buy tents. For my enclosure I drilled ports at the bottom for intake and at the top I put in an exhaust fan, one like you'e find in a bathroom. I think it moved 420 cfm... Just the first thing I thought of when I saw your sign, "DO NOT OPEN WHEN LIGHTS ARE OFF"

The waiting is the hardest part. ~ Tom Petty

Thanks for the pointers but i do seal it all up pretty good when i turn my lights off,my gals are in the back of my closet so and theyre surrounded by reflective car visors so it would take alot for light to reach them but i am gonna move the fan thats blowing air out to the inside of the closet
between the semi-folded closet door right before the top facing up so it will still blow air out and up torwards the ceiling but wont be letting any light in at all. Lol and yeh i had to put that there cuz my nosey, punkass, alcoholic ,hypocritical stepdad snoops around in my room... He smokes weed and brags about his buddys awesome grow but has a prob with me growing, i been meaning to put a lock on my door...

Yeah and he'll get his ass beat again like i did 10 yrs ago when i found out he cheated on my mom...lol
And this time i wont feel bad about it, but naw fr he wont pinch anything but i still dont want him snoopin around disrupting my gals on their off cycle so im gonna get a lock for my bdrm door. Hes jus mad cuz im doing such a good job too, he didnt want me growing in the crib but he dnt run shit anyway i pay more bills than he does here and i have my medical card so its not illeagal

Re: JMills 1st time CFL grow: Unknown strains: 2017

Hey guys check out the far tip, wtf is that???
Ok im 3 weeks in,the closest cfl bulbs are 3-5 inches away,there is air moving through the area and the temp is always between 70-78 farenheit, 2 days ago i had to use about a quarter gallon more but its been taking a gallon to water my 8 gals. So can anyone please tell me whats going on with my lovely gal here,could it be a deficiency of some sort or am i overreacting?
Ive only been using straight ph'd water so far except 2 waterings ago i used fresh urine mixed with a gallon of water it was about 1/10 ratio. So can somebody tell me whats up?

20170404_060906.jpg
20170404_060912.jpg

Hey guys heres a mid-week update of the gals, im worried about the gal in the last pic though. I am a newbie so its hard for me to decipher whats wrong with her but does anybody have a idea?
Light burn,heat stress,nute deficiency,over fert?
Besides her everything is good so far, im thinking about starting LST with a gal or 2 so does anyone have a link to a good how-to guide or video?
And yes i know all the lights hanging looks a mess but i am going to rearrange later today probably to make it easier to get to the gals.

20170407_061504.jpg
20170407_061223.jpg
20170407_061216.jpg
20170407_061204.jpg
20170407_061059.jpg
20170407_061037.jpg
20170407_060924_Burst01.jpg

Oh ok my bad...lmao, i was wondering wtf u were talkin about. Yeah i never watch dvds so i use them to increase height a half inch. Yeah meet the fockers and mark wahlberg's shooter in there as well lol...

Oh ok my bad...lmao, i was wondering wtf u were talkin about. Yeah i never watch dvds so i use them to increase height a half inch. Yeah meet the fockers and mark wahlberg's shooter in there as well lol...

Shooter was a great flic!

Ok guys this is the week 4 pic update...
So im getting pretty anxious to start flowering, id say the 3 biggest plants are probably ready to go but im gonna wait till tuesday when it will be exactly 5 weeks from sprout. If theyre all looking ready then ill start the 12/12 light cycle, if a few are still looking like they need some more veg time ill just take those few out and put them somewhere else for another week or so then ill rejoin with the rest. I have a good feeling that most are female, ive been looking really close at the pre-flower spots and the growth resembles that of a female compared to the pics i was looking at, so everyone keep your fingers crossed and your joints tight...
Anyway... Ive been watering every 2 days and every other watering ive been using about 2 cups of fresh urine mixed with a gallon and a half of water. Since ive started that particular watering routine they have been growing in more bushier and the main stems have all gotten very thick and strong. Ive been LST'ing the past week and a half and so far so good, i followed directions step by step and most of them are growing outward instead of straight up. Also with LST i topped 2 of the gals as well, one of them i topped too high, at that point i didnt know it was supposed to be below the 3rd nodes so the second one i did top perfectly but both do have crazy growth around the areas i topped so i guess i did a decent job. One thing i am having a problem with is i keep getting these small yellowish-brown dead areas on some plants leaves and idk wtf it is? Some say its probably just nute water that got on the leaves that caused this but others say its a deficiency, nutrient burn or possibly a problem with the roots. Right now it isnt a big problem that im super worried about but i sure as hell dont want it to turn into something i cant get control of later, if u look through my gallery youll be able to see some pics i took of the spots.

20170413_063153.jpg
20170413_063503.jpg
20170413_063447.jpg
20170413_063258.jpg
20170413_063418.jpg
20170413_063430.jpg
20170413_063227.jpg
20170413_063218.jpg

How are the girls doing? I saw you posted your into flower would love too see sooner pics of that, I'm starting my 6th week from seed and am itching to flip them lol

I'm just into my second week of flowering. The STRETCH is real!!!! Nothing to show though, you don't really see any real changes until into or just after week 3. But they are definitely getting taller. Got my fan on high to thicken up them stalks.

I'm just into my second week of flowering. The STRETCH is real!!!! Nothing to show though, you don't really see any real changes until into or just after week 3. But they are definitely getting taller. Got my fan on high to thicken up them stalks.
I read so much about veg that i forgot it takes at least 8 weeks to flower, i guess I'm just bring impatient . but i can't wait to see your beautiful girls start budding! Great job on the grow I'll be watching for flowing tips seeing as your a couple weeks ahead of me, perfect timing!

Back
Top Bottom