Newbie grower

Most of the strains I’ve grown clone pretty easy. Some just clone sitting in water with 0 effort.

myself and near everyone i know local just clone in perlite. i'm always throwing clones away. i know a couple folk doing areo cloners and they can't grow them all either.

edit : i built a bubbler but just got too much with the hempy cloning lol

What I learned from many cloning failures and how to avoid those failures:

1) use clean tools/snippers/razors (alcohol sterilized);
2) select the lower woody (if possible) limbs of the clone Mother, not the plant "tops";
3) make a rapid application of rooting compound after clipping start or razoring start;
4) be prepared for success - be "pre-prepared" - have all necessary stuff ready to go - soil/soilless/cubes containers wetted, soaked, cloning machine cleaned and ready to operate (if you use one), etc.;
5) use clone/seedling nutes;
6) keep the humidity near 90% to 100% for the first day or two and drop it slowly afterward to the 60% to 70% range (over a week or two);
7) use very gentle air flow to keep mold/midew at bay;
8) use low wattage lighting initially for a week or two then higher wattage as the clones stabilize, root and begin the "seedling phase".

Hope this helps.
Thank you sorry much. I will leaf her alone and yes I will
Sure have a lot of questions when I start my next grow becasue I will
Definitely clone My blue dream.

myself and near everyone i know local just clone in perlite. i'm always throwing clones away. i know a couple folk doing areo cloners and they can't grow them all either.

edit : i built a bubbler but just got too much with the hempy cloning lol
I wish we lived close. I’d buy them from you rather than have you throw them away.

I have the same problem. I just toss some clones because I do not have space to accommodate them.

always take more than you need. i started getting real lazy with my cloning method and got a 100% success rate as a result. it really wasn't supposed to be that way .. :p

@Lisa2265 you said you got your seeds from the seed fair. Have you dealt with them before? Had good service from them? I was checking out their site and thought I’d ask you.
It was my first time ordering .they had great prices. Lots of variety. There was a problem because I noticed they had charged my card twice but they had a pre authorization and then it fell off a few days later so that held up my delivery a few days. But over all I actually liked dealing with them because no matter what time I emailed or had questions, I always received an answer back.
Hope that helps.

Also I’d like to ask a question while I have your attention. When toy clone a plant, it has to be from the female, correct. Then I wait until it has 5-6 branches in it then grab one of the lower strong ones? Once it’s off I cut a slant in the stem, rooting powder and then in soil?

It was my first time ordering .they had great prices. Lots of variety. There was a problem because I noticed they had charged my card twice but they had a pre authorization and then it fell off a few days later so that held up my delivery a few days. But over all I actually liked dealing with them because no matter what time I emailed or had questions, I always received an answer back.
Hope that helps.
Thanx for the info.

Also I’d like to ask a question while I have your attention. When toy clone a plant, it has to be from the female, correct. Then I wait until it has 5-6 branches in it then grab one of the lower strong ones? Once it’s off I cut a slant in the stem, rooting powder and then in soil?
Has to be a female correct. You can take clones at anytime in mid veg even late veg . I usually take my clones during defoliation and trimming a week before flipping to flower. I use the young sucker branches I’m trimming off. I just take the clone and scrape the end to show the dark green under the bark. Then cut at a 45’ or greater. Stick them in a jar of water and let them sit about 2 weeks. Re filling water when needed. I don’t spray them since they are in water. I just use tape water.

Has to be a female correct. You can take clones at anytime in mid veg even late veg . I usually take my clones during defoliation and trimming a week before flipping to flower. I use the young sucker branches I’m trimming off. I just take the clone and scrape the end to show the dark green under the bark. Then cut at a 45’ or greater. Stick them in a jar of water and let them sit about 2 weeks. Re filling water when needed. I don’t spray them since they are in water. I just use tape water.
Ok I’m going to try it. Once I’m in veg with my second grow I’m going for it. I’m sure I’ll be needing a bit of instruction when the time comes.
Thanks again.

I read this and it helps.

I just like to have more stem. Makes it easier to place in a mason jar. That way the end of the stem is at or close to the bottom of the jar. Helps them stand better also. Also I leave a bunch of growth. These are some big cuttings. I started a journal on this grow today
1C9D3B54-4D7B-44B0-9951-F09E5B21E178.jpeg
E8A4EA9A-CEC4-48F8-BE50-1D34C0AD0490.jpeg
F82DAE16-08F1-4E8A-8EC6-35D82934E039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom