Newbie grower

All my seeds are autos so I have to get
Myself some feminized seeds. I will try cloning my 3rd time round.
High Lisa ? Welcome to 420 Mag. There's a lot of great growers here to learn from. But as far as Clones go.... Do a search for @Emilya DIY Bubble Cloner. Costs about $15 to make it. I've had 100% success with this cloner out of at least 50 clones so far. I'd also take a look at @InTheShed tutorial on Training so you can increase your yield.
Hope this helps some.

High Lisa ? Welcome to 420 Mag. There's a lot of great growers here to learn from. But as far as Clones go.... Do a search for @Emilya DIY Bubble Cloner. Costs about $15 to make it. I've had 100% success with this cloner out of at least 50 clones so far. I'd also take a look at @InTheShed tutorial on Training so you can increase your yield.
Hope this helps some.
Thanks a lot for
Your help.

You will do fine Lisa. Youre in good hands here
I am germinating blue dream and my second Pineapple Express right now. It’s day three. Still nothing. But keeping fingers crossed. I think I will try and clone my blue dream . So once I’m in. Planter, I will be looking for help for sure.. I can’t wait!! And thanks so
Much to everyone for all their help.. can’t wait. I will be harvesting my first plant I think in a month. I’m at the flowering stage of Pineapple Express but over been in flower for about 3 weeks now. Not sure how long it actually takes until I’m ready to harvest so checking daily.. the anticipation is killing me!!
Look forward to hearing from you all..

5D336F8A-F957-4BCB-84E0-95AB406C9B46.jpeg

B73A43CA-9822-43B3-9C7A-0A8FFCDE1D66.jpeg

C58B8B3B-0798-433C-A274-C86927176E9D.jpeg

7E8348E5-0C57-482E-9B3F-B04A6BF60081.jpeg

It looks nice, you've got 4 weeks or more to go. Next grow I would suggest using larger pots, particularly for photos, 7 gal. (10 gal. would be better). Your limiting your yield, as the plant is probably getting rootbound. 5-7 gal. for autos (although I use 10 gal.) You didn't say what kind of light or how far above the plants it is, that would help to know.

It looks nice, you've got 4 weeks or more to go. Next grow I would suggest using larger pots, particularly for photos, 7 gal. (10 gal. would be better). Your limiting your yield, as the plant is probably getting rootbound. 5-7 gal. for autos (although I use 10 gal.) You didn't say what kind of light or how far above the plants it is, that would help to know.
Great. I thought since it was an auto I could do it in a
3 gal. I have 10 gal bags so my next round will be in the 10 gal. Pot. I am
Using LByzhan 1000w led set about 14 inches above play. I know I need to upgrade the light for
My next grow. I was just figuring things out as I went. I did a lot of reading but didn’t happen upon this community until very recently. I am
Open to any suggestions or recommendations you have. Thank you for taking the time..

Hey good morning! Quick question.. should I transplant into a larger pot. I read a few articles that say yes if you’re careful. Some say no. What do toy think?
Thanks in advance.

Lisa
Good morning @Lisa2265 hope you are having a good day.
Your lady looks lovely.
You don't need to up pot at this point in flower.
What are you a month in?
Although roots will keep growing in flower unless she is root bound there is no advantage at this point.
Try and get her into her final pot full of roots before you flip to flower.
Just keep on going she is fine. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Lisa2265 hope you are having a good day.
Your lady looks lovely.
You don't need to up pot at this point in flower.
What are you a month in?
Although roots will keep growing in flower unless she is root bound there is no advantage at this point.
Try and get her into her final pot full of roots before you flip to flower.
Just keep on going she is fine. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Thank your so much Bill. I am in weeks 3 of flower.
I don’t know if she is root bound but someone had mentioned maybe I should have had her in a larger pot. I did some reading and I think I should just leave it and take it as a lesson for my next grow.

Ok I’m going to stay the course. Thanks again.

Thank your so much Bill. I am in weeks 3 of flower.
I don’t know if she is root bound but someone had mentioned maybe I should have had her in a larger pot. I did some reading and I think I should just leave it and take it as a lesson for my next grow.

Ok I’m going to stay the course. Thanks again.
I like to use air pots they are great for roots.
But a big bag is good also.
I prefer 7 gal full of roots before I go into flower.
But a 5 gal will do a great job aswell.
The whole point is to have a big pot full of roots before you flip.
Then your not going to get into trouble with being root bound.
Your lady is healthy so just keep on going.
Just stop taking leaves off her, she needs them :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

I like tonuse air pots they are great for roots.
But a big bag is good also.
Your lady is healthy so just keep on going.
Just stop taking leaves off her, she needs them :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks. Will do…

Out of curiosity, Why did he grow the plants to have 1 main branch? the topic is to get the maximum yield, which has multiple branches off of them & seen a guy that had a giveaway, the 1 to the closest amount wins a Spiderfarmer2000 grow light, off of those 5 plants he has gotten 2.1 lbs, THAT'S A LOT OF WEED

Out of curiosity, Why did he grow the plants to have 1 main branch? the topic is to get the maximum yield, which has multiple branches off of them & seen a guy that had a giveaway, the 1 to the closest amount wins a Spiderfarmer2000 grow light, off of those 5 plants he has gotten 2.1 lbs, THAT'S A LOT OF WEED
Hey @sshortguy1 hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
You should post in this thread and meet everyone.

Stay safe
Bill

hiya lisa .. :welcome:

glad you stumbled across our little site .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
you have a real nice first grow going there. it's something to build on.

I like to use air pots they are great for roots.

air pots or fabric so work the best. that said for turn around and longevity hard sides are still the way to go. drilling holes in a five gallon bucket is cheap and easy and they last a thousand grows.

if ya wanna air pot then drill a bunch of tiny holes and line the bucket with cheap mosquito mesh.

if ya don't wanna play workshop then visit the sponsors and buy the real things with a board discount. :p

bigger the better in soil or hp app.

amen. :cool:
i've never finished flower without being rootbound.
in hempy i've never started flower without being rootbound. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Out of curiosity, Why did he grow the plants to have 1 main branch?

he seems to be she if you mean this thread. you may not do so well at the bar ...
or you could be going home interesting.

the topic is to get the maximum yield, which has multiple branches off of them & seen a guy

i'm sure you have

that had a giveaway, the 1 to the closest amount wins a Spiderfarmer2000 grow light, off of those 5 plants he has gotten 2.1 lbs, THAT'S A LOT OF WEED

cool story bro.
err....

you should do an intro an tell us about you. in a separate thread.

Good morning @Lisa2265 welcome to 420magazine my friend.
How are things in New York today, hope your warm.
Your lady beautiful as she is , she is missing her fan leaves. :Namaste:
Don't take anymore leaves at all from her she needs them.
Cloning is easy to do , better than seeds in my opinion.
You can clone any plant, you just get an exact copy of what you clone.
Clone a male you get a male, auto you get a girl alredy flowering usually nfg,
So you want to clone a female.
In my Gorilla Glue clone thread there is a simple cloning method anyone can do.

Tag me if you need help with anything specific I'm always around.

Stay safe
Bill
What I learned from many cloning failures and how to avoid those failures:

1) use clean tools/snippers/razors (alcohol sterilized);
2) select the lower woody (if possible) limbs of the clone Mother, not the plant "tops";
3) make a rapid application of rooting compound after clipping start or razoring start;
4) be prepared for success - be "pre-prepared" - have all necessary stuff ready to go - soil/soilless/cubes containers wetted, soaked, cloning machine cleaned and ready to operate (if you use one), etc.;
5) use clone/seedling nutes;
6) keep the humidity near 90% to 100% for the first day or two and drop it slowly afterward to the 60% to 70% range (over a week or two);
7) use very gentle air flow to keep mold/midew at bay;
8) use low wattage lighting initially for a week or two then higher wattage as the clones stabilize, root and begin the "seedling phase".

Hope this helps.

What I learned from many cloning failures and how to avoid those failures:

1) use clean tools/snippers/razors (alcohol sterilized);
2) select the lower woody (if possible) limbs of the clone Mother, not the plant "tops";
3) make a rapid application of rooting compound after clipping start or razoring start;
4) be prepared for success - be "pre-prepared" - have all necessary stuff ready to go - soil/soilless/cubes containers wetted, soaked, cloning machine cleaned and ready to operate (if you use one), etc.;
5) use clone/seedling nutes;
6) keep the humidity near 90% to 100% for the first day or two and drop it slowly afterward to the 60% to 70% range (over a week or two);
7) use very gentle air flow to keep mold/midew at bay;
8) use low wattage lighting initially for a week or two then higher wattage as the clones stabilize, root and begin the "seedling phase".

Hope this helps.

pretty much dead on.

the only thing i would add is taking a larger cutting to clone always roots easier over a smaller one. when you get better at it you can take smaller cuttings. it gets easier with a few tries.

Back
Top Bottom