Newty’s Perpetual Pantry Party & Outdoor Grow Show

Did a little Peggy spotlight....she’s just unreal, I can’t capture her chunkiness...this plant is truly the best nug maker so far!!

She is also the most Sativa looking of all my WW so far. Her fan leaves are #skinny

Her trunks are basically real tree trunks, now this is weeeed! #daaaank

Morning Newty

I understand the reason behind pruning and such, but how much is to much. I notice some people take all the lower growth out and make their plants look like scarecrows and others just do a little. So far i am just doing small amounts i just don't know if i should do more.

Since you have lots of traffic I thought I would ask it here instead of in my own journal

Thanks for any Help.

:green_heart: from Northern BC

Hey, just started reading your journal and wanted to ask if you've tried making infused almond milk yet?
I attempted my first batch last night and it was super easy and very little mess.
Put a tablespoon in my tea last night and slept like a baby.
Only thing is store bought almond milk has too little fat, so you have to use home made almond milk which is easy but doesn't keep long so you have to freeze it. One batch makes a good bit (3 cups +/-) which lasts a while @ 1 tbsp/dose.
So also good if you need to stretch your harvest out.

I've been making butter/coconut oil for a while which is great, but I usually make an oily mess all over the kitchen.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Morning Newty

I understand the reason behind pruning and such, but how much is to much. I notice some people take all the lower growth out and make their plants look like scarecrows and others just do a little. So far i am just doing small amounts i just don't know if i should do more.

Since you have lots of traffic I thought I would ask it here instead of in my own journal

Thanks for any Help.

:green_heart: from Northern BC

Hey there, I’m a big fan of Defoiling plants throughout their life to increase health benefits, increased yield, also to increase airflow and reduce risk of mould. I would suggest doing a little at a time when they are old enough and see how the plant reacts? Each plant is different and I’m learning autos take a bit more time to recover so any heavy defoil needs to be strategic.

To Defoil or not to Defoil???

I defoliate my plants all through their life. I tend to do 2 “strategic” defoils in my plants life cycle. I do a big defoil a few days before flip and one after the 3 week stretch is done. I do this for a couple of reasons;

1. I use the leaves to make fan leaf oil for me, my friends and my dog. (I separate veg/frost leaves)

2. As a gardener, I am a natural plucker and defoil my plants and flowers regularly. I see great results in regards to yield from doing this. When I started growing cannabis, I never thought twice about using this practice. I have read lots of information on here and other sources with regards to when I should be doing this in their life. Experimenting has been fun, I’ve gone waaaay too extreme!! Ha! Now I know what “too far” is and that’s no good.

I know now that there are certain points in the plants life where a heavy defoil really works for me for a couple of reasons.

I like to thin out my plants before flip because of the heavy vegetation they throw out during stretch. I find them easier to manage this way in my small tent, rh airflow etc. I schedule it for a few days up to a week before I change the light cycle to allow them plenty of recovery time. I leave them alone for the 3ish weeks of stretch. Once my plants stop stretching, they are an overwhelming bush. This is when I do the last strategic defoil, I “lollipop” and really clear out the bottom and centre leaves, leaving the top half for the most part. They don’t grow much vegetation after stretch and mainly focus on buddage by this point so I feel like I’m helping them be the best buds they can;) My plants have all reacted positively and usually bounce back within a day so far.

Hey, just started reading your journal and wanted to ask if you've tried making infused almond milk yet?
I attempted my first batch last night and it was super easy and very little mess.
Put a tablespoon in my tea last night and slept like a baby.
Only thing is store bought almond milk has too little fat, so you have to use home made almond milk which is easy but doesn't keep long so you have to freeze it. One batch makes a good bit (3 cups +/-) which lasts a while @ 1 tbsp/dose.
So also good if you need to stretch your harvest out.

I've been making butter/coconut oil for a while which is great, but I usually make an oily mess all over the kitchen.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Thanks for reading and welcome!

I have not tried almond milk infusion and am very interested in your process, feel free to post it in my journal:)

I’m always looking for new fun things to try

sweet!
So, I combined several different recipes/methods I found online to try my own way.
It looks like a lot, but am just trying to be thorough enough to follow stoned without missing any steps!

Here's what you need:
1 cup "raw" almonds (unroasted/unseasoned)
1-3 grams bud or trim depending on potency, etc.
(I had a stunted mango/auto that matured at 6" tall and yielded about a gram of SUPER frosty flower/trim, just chopped it up with scissors and used it all)

large jar
large strainer
large glass or metal bowl
extra bowl
med pot/saucepan
cookie sheet w/foil
blender
cheese cloth
candy thermometer if you have one

1) put one cup of raw almonds in a large jar and at fill the rest up with water.
2) let sit overnight (aka 8-24 hours), the almonds will soak up the water and swell up
3) next day pour almonds into large strainer and rinse
4) pour rinsed almonds into blender
5) add 2 cups water and run on highest speed for 2-3 minutes
6) put strainer over large bowl, pour blender contents through, mash down white pulp with spoon (this was the trickiest part because the blender mush is really squishy)
also, splash a little water in the blender, swirl it around, etc to help get the leftover almond mush out.
7) optional step: pour the screen contents from bowl back into the blender, rinse strainer and add cheese cloth, pour blender through cheese cloth. I tried cheese cloth initially but the mush was too thick, so I gave up on that and strained it first.

Almond milk finished!

8) put herb in oven for 30 min @ 200 deg (F)
9) while the herb is in the oven, put a few cups of water in the saucepan and start warming it up. Put the bowl of almond milk on top and let it start heating it up.
10) when herb is done decarbing in oven, crumble into the hot almond milk.
I popped the candy thermometer in and turn up the heat a little to stay between 180-200F. Tiny bubbles should appear occasionally but not boil.
10) simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally
11) pour hot milk over cheesecloth lined strainer into spare bowl (it will stay pretty hot for like 20 min)

VOILA!
I poured mine into two jars and put in the fridge. Then looked up how long homemade almond milk lasts (only a few days) so tonight I'll pour it into some ice trays and dump frozen milk cubes into a baggie and keep in the freezer!

add to beverages, snacks or use in cooking. Just substitute a small portion of milk in recipe for the infused milk. It shouldn't take much!

(stunted mango auto)

Hey there, I’m a big fan of Defoiling plants throughout their life to increase health benefits, increased yield, also to increase airflow and reduce risk of mould. I would suggest doing a little at a time when they are old enough and see how the plant reacts? Each plant is different and I’m learning autos take a bit more time to recover so any heavy defoil needs to be strategic.

To Defoil or not to Defoil???

I defoliate my plants all through their life. I tend to do 2 “strategic” defoils in my plants life cycle. I do a big defoil a few days before flip and one after the 3 week stretch is done. I do this for a couple of reasons;

1. I use the leaves to make fan leaf oil for me, my friends and my dog. (I separate veg/frost leaves)

2. As a gardener, I am a natural plucker and defoil my plants and flowers regularly. I see great results in regards to yield from doing this. When I started growing cannabis, I never thought twice about using this practice. I have read lots of information on here and other sources with regards to when I should be doing this in their life. Experimenting has been fun, I’ve gone waaaay too extreme!! Ha! Now I know what “too far” is and that’s no good.

I know now that there are certain points in the plants life where a heavy defoil really works for me for a couple of reasons.

I like to thin out my plants before flip because of the heavy vegetation they throw out during stretch. I find them easier to manage this way in my small tent, rh airflow etc. I schedule it for a few days up to a week before I change the light cycle to allow them plenty of recovery time. I leave them alone for the 3ish weeks of stretch. Once my plants stop stretching, they are an overwhelming bush. This is when I do the last strategic defoil, I “lollipop” and really clear out the bottom and centre leaves, leaving the top half for the most part. They don’t grow much vegetation after stretch and mainly focus on buddage by this point so I feel like I’m helping them be the best buds they can;) My plants have all reacted positively and usually bounce back within a day so far.
Thank you Newty, I wanted to ask you just that question!!! Love this site, you think it and info shows up!! Haha. Just gotta surf around a bit

:surf::nomo:

Thanks!
Forgot to mention you can add a few drops of vanilla extract if you'd like.
The finished product has an interesting nutty flavor with the almonds and decarbed herb combined. You can kinda taste the herb but it's not too green or strong smelling.
Blends in nicely with tea or coffee ;)
Took me about an hour and a half to make it (after soaking almonds of course)

what's up with the leaf oil you make? What can you use it for? I've just been composting mine but may have to change my ways if there's some benefits to be had....
Also read that there's medicinal value in the roots

sweet!
So, I combined several different recipes/methonds I found online to try my own way.
It looks like a lot, but am just trying to be thorough enough to follow stoned without missing any steps!

Here's what you need:
1 cup "raw" almonds (unroasted/unseasoned)
1-3 grams bud or trim depending on potency, etc.
(I had a stunted mango/auto that matured at 6" tall and yielded about a gram of SUPER frosty flower/trim, just chopped it up with scissors and used it all)

large jar
large strainer
large glass or metal bowl
extra bowl
med pot/saucepan
cookie sheet w/foil
blender
cheese cloth
candy thermometer if you have one

1) put one cup of raw almonds in a large jar and at fill the rest up with water.
2) let sit overnight (aka 8-24 hours), the almonds will soak up the water and swell up
3) next day pour almonds into large strainer and rinse
4) pour rinsed almonds into blender
5) add 2 cups water and run on highest speed for 2-3 minutes
6) put strainer over large bowl, pour blender contents through, mash down white pulp with spoon (this was the trickiest part because the blender mush is really squishy)
also, splash a little water in the blender, swirl it around, etc to help get the leftover almond mush out.
7) optional step: pour the screen contents from bowl back into the blender, rinse strainer and add cheese cloth, pour blender through cheese cloth. I tried cheese cloth initially but the mush was too thick, so I gave up on that and strained it first.

Almond milk finished!

8) put herb in oven for 30 min @ 200 deg (F)
9) while the herb is in the oven, put a few cups of water in the saucepan and start warming it up. Put the bowl of almond milk on top and let it start heating it up.
10) when herb is done decarbing in oven, crumble into the hot almond milk.
I popped the candy thermometer in and turn up the heat a little to stay between 180-200F. Tiny bubbles should appear occasionally but not boil.
10) simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally
11) pour hot milk over cheesecloth lined strainer into spare bowl (it will stay pretty hot for like 20 min)

VOILA!
I poured mine into two jars and put in the fridge. Then looked up how long homemade almond milk lasts (only a few days) so tonight I'll pour it into some ice trays and dump frozen milk cubes into a baggie and keep in the freezer!

add to beverages, snacks or use in cooking. Just substitute a small portion of milk in recipe for the infused milk. It shouldn't take much!

(stunted mango auto)

Cute plants. Awesome recipe.:thumb:

Cute plants. Awesome recipe.:thumb:

Thanks, I knew they were stunted early on but decided to let them ride out to see what would happen.
They were DANK though! Now I have the opposite problem, my white rhinos have grown to the ceiling and I'm constantly having to train them down to get back under the lights!

Thanks, I knew they were stunted early on but decided to let them ride out to see what would happen.
They were DANK though! Now I have the opposite problem, my white rhinos have grown to the ceiling and I'm constantly having to train them down to get back under the lights!
Yeah, I've read about that happening.....sorry. :(

Your defoliation strategy is the same as mine although i do take some fans off durring the stretch so i get better light penetration but once they are done stretching its off with all the lower stuff. I did a way better job this time around as far as keeping the excessive leaves down and the results so far have been very positive. I flipped them last weekend and it amazes the crap out of me how much they go vertical durring stretch. These gals should be 100-150cm by the time they are done stretching.

I am so envious of you going full on legal soon. Maybe someday here but certainly not soon.

Back
Top Bottom