All Day 16 of flower 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • All Day 16 of flower 3.jpg
    All Day 16 of flower 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • All Day 16 of flower 4.jpg
    All Day 16 of flower 4.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 91
So, I'm starting to wonder a bit about how the lovely ladies will perform and yield. They have all been treated the same and trained in the same manner to grow 8 main colas.
Which one do you guys think will yield the most?

A bit of information; they will all be schwazzed in a few days time. This is the first time I'll try schwazzing. For those that don't know what schwazzing is, it's an extreme form of defoliation were almost all leaves are removed except for a few at the very top of each branch. If this works out well, my girls should give a decent yield. If it doesn't work so well, I'll be in trouble, because then I'll be forced to consume some weed that will make me frown for every puff. It smells like shit after I sprayed the plant with milk due to white powdery mildew and didn't do a bud wash at harvest. :(

Some plant info:
Ayahuasca Purple:
100% Indica, 77 cm tall today, greater internode spacing than the others, flowering time 55-65 days, can yield up to 650 grams/m2 according to breeder

Green Gelato:
Sativa/Indica % 45/55, 50 cm tall today, tightest and bushiest of the 3, flowering time 56 -70 days, can yield up to 700 grams/m2 according to breeder

Rainbows:
Sativa/Indica % 20/80, 66 cm today, quite tight internode spacing and still stretches a lot, flowering time 57 - 65 days, can yield up to 600 grams/m2 according to breeder

Which girl will be the heaviest yielder?

Some plants don’t like that technique. I did it to a couple of the bush ones otherwise my LED wouldn’t penetrate well enough and they don’t seem to mind. Friend of mine did that to this one strain and it was not happy at all.
Good luck! :thumb:

Interesting. What strains did you try it on? And what strains was it your friend had?

Hey man I love this journal! It's reads great without a ton of chatter, pictures are very clear and your training techniques extremely easy to follow with how you've presented. I'm sort of quadlining minus the 2nd topping on my plants and I'll be referring back here occasionally plus following along for harvest! Great work!

Well, thank you very much, @DeeCee112. I'm glad you enjoy my journal. I'll be very happy to have you along on this grow.
Quadlining is awesome, I do that to all my plants. I think it's by far the best way to shape a plant.

You certainly have it down pat!

Thanks @The Dirty - and very welcome.
Cool, do you have any pics from the stripped gorilla? Would be fun to see. I'll schwazz Rainbows and Ayahuasca Purple tomorrow or Friday. Green Gelato is flowering a bit slower so she'll have to wait a few days. I'm excited to see what will happen.

My money is on Rainbows for best yield. The way she grows looks very promising. Her branches have decent length and quite tight internode space. The taller Ayahuasca Purple could be a winner for sure, especially after the schwazz - one of the silliest words ever...

Thanks @The Dirty - and very welcome.
Cool, do you have any pics from the stripped gorilla? Would be fun to see. I'll schwazz Rainbows and Ayahuasca Purple tomorrow or Friday. Green Gelato is flowering a bit slower so she'll have to wait a few days. I'm excited to see what will happen.

My money is on Rainbows for best yield. The way she grows looks very promising. Her branches have decent length and quite tight internode space. The taller Ayahuasca Purple could be a winner for sure, especially after the schwazz - one of the silliest words ever...

Hey man I'll have a look but I don't really keep images much these days as I live in a country where it is still illegal to grow sadly. I'm on IG now so have images of current and past grows but wasn't when I did that heavy defol on the GG#4.

Hey man I'll have a look but I don't really keep images much these days as I live in a country where it is still illegal to grow sadly. I'm on IG now so have images of current and past grows but wasn't when I did that heavy defol on the GG#4.

I had a look on IG - some nice plants there - sweeet! :goodjob:

So, I did a light defoliation... :rolleyes:
I defoliated Ayahuasca Purple and Rainbows and I'll leave Green Gelato for another 2 days.

Ayahuasca Purple at day 18 of flower before and after defoliation

Attachments

• AP Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 4.jpg
    AP Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 4.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 94
  • AP Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 5.jpg
    AP Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    882.7 KB · Views: 208
  • AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 99
  • AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    AP Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 106
And Rainbows before and after

Attachments

• R Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 4.jpg
    R Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 4.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 114
  • R Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 5.jpg
    R Day 18 of flower - before schwazzing 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 113
  • R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 73
  • R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    R Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    939.6 KB · Views: 86
The tent looks cleaner and should be even better in 2 days when also Green Gelato is getting a haircut. I'm confident I won't have any issues with mold on this grow - sweet.

Attachments

• All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    All Day 18 of flower - after schwazzing 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Yes, it'll be very interesting to see what will happen to them during the next couple of days. I'm expecting a noticeable size increase in all the buds in 4 days.
I love the look of the trimmed girls now, you can see the flowers growing everywhere. They are small but that will hopefully change...

Back
Top Bottom