Nirvana - Wonder Woman - Indoor Deep Water Culture - DWC Grow Journal - 2016

1-17

I added Nutraturance last night.
PPM: 180
1ml Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro 9-3-6, 1ml Cal Mag, 1ml Hydroguard, 1ml pro-Tekt Silicon Solution, 1ml 1ml Dyna-Gro K-L-N Rooting Concentrate

I trimmed all the burnt veg off of the girls. I am so ashamed of myself. I was told to raise them (lights) but I did not raise them high enough. I have raised them to 32" now and will drop them 1" or 2" a day until they are where they need to be. I wish I would have done this in the first place. It's not like I did not know. It's like #2 on the list of dumb crap to do. #1 I guess being over feeding. Anyhow, What's done is done.

I also tied down the branches that were big enough.

The transplant from the 15 gallon tote to the 3 gallon buckets went surprisingly well. The roots are looking really crisp and white. and are vigorously making their way out of the new 6" net pot.

Plant # 2

These roots look like an albino Chia Pet growing out of the bottom

Plant #4

Plant #5

1-20

The Large fan leaves were yellowing and were also blocking most of the light to almost all the new growth so I gave the girls a trim. I'm not sure about the yellowing. I upped the PPMs to 260 by adding 1 ml each of Cal-Mag and Dyna Gro Foliage Pro 9-3-7.

The branches are easily conforming to the low stress training. I am trying to get them to grow in a spiral formation. They seem to want to spiral clockwise on their own so I'm just encouraging their natural growth to conform to my suggestions.

I have to leave them alone for the next two days. I have to go out of town. I'm pretty confident that my setup can run itself but unforeseen things do happen.
Anyhow, Here are some before and after pictures of the girls. I had already trimmed one of the 3 Wonder Woman girls so she isn't in this batch of pics.

#5 BEFORE:

#5 AFTER:

#2 BEFORE:

#2 AFTER:

Oh, One last thing. I now have my led lights 32" above the plants. Although, some of my test plants (the ones in the dirt that I perform experiment on) are still showing adverse reaction to the LEDs, the three Wonder Woman are reacting in a much less negative way. I am not seeing any new "Sun Spots" appearing on any of the new growth. I am a little concerned about thick, tough growth. Riflemans post at the beginning of this journal shows this picture that kind of reminds me of it. The first picture labeled Boron Deficiency.
image332591.jpg

Oh, One more last ting. These pictures are of my experimenting plants. I try things on them before I try it on my Wonder Woman girls. They don't really have anything to do with my grow except that some of the things I tried on these plants damaged them and saved me from damaging my Wonder Woman ladies. Here are some pictures.

the ones in the hydro setup look like they can use more nitrogen and/or magnesium. the ones in soil look strange. they may be getting too much water and/or food.

pH:5.65
Water temp 70°f
Room Temp: 76°f
PPMs: 200 - 250
Lights: 18/6

lol. The ones in the dirt are just plain out being abused and mistreated. They are just a few seeds out of a giant jar of bag seeds I have collected over the years. I cant even raise them because I have nowhere to put them. My plan was (if any of them live through my Marijuana Death camp) to just take them out in a field somewhere and let them do their thing. Someone will stumble over it one day and SHABAM!! I just made someone's day very joyous. lol.

The Wonder Woman plants in the hydro are showing slightly yellow tips but I thought that was a sign of nitrogen burn. I am going to add pictures tomorrow. I just got back from my trip. I think they took really nice to their trim. All the new growth is so nice to see.

1-27

Everything seems to be under control. I set up my mother keeper tent to start a crop of White Castle and to have a little veg room once i start flowering. I had to split my A/C cooling into two 4" flex pipes to feed the two tents. Now I am running the A/C full time to keep temps at 73°f to 77°f. Not sure what I'm going to do about this yet but I hope I don't get root rot in the meantime.
I was thinking about putting the new batch of White Rhinos into Fox Farm Soil and putting my hydro setup away until I can figure out what to do about the heat issue. It is not really that hot. I just know first hand that it will cause root rot.
My #4 plant has brown roots. I'm watching her closely to catch any developing slime or any other signs that it is root rot as soon as they might pop up. I added a small amount of H2O2 yesterday morning just incase. I think it might just be one of the nutrients that is staining them though. I will just have to keep watching.
Here are some pictures I just took. I have kept them lean trim and tried my best to train them. The branches are all strong and spreading out well. I set the pH down to 5.5 every morning and over the next 24 hours it drifts up to the low 6's. I don't know what is causing the drift but it seems like a healthy range so... that's that.

Here are my experiment plants. I decided to give them thier monthly food and drink.

1-28

2 TENT HEAT ISSUE SOLVED

Ok. Just to put this all in one spot. I started out with an AgroMax Mother Keeper grow tent (51.5" Wide x 22.5" Deep x 48.5" Tall) or (4' Wide x 3' Deep x 4' Tall). I was cooling it with a old portable A/C unit that I had rigged up.

Then I got a flowering tent and put my Mother Keeper away. I was using only the flowering tent and cooling it with the old portable A/C unit.
The flowering tent is: ( 55" X 28" X 76" ) or ( 4'6" X 2'4" X 6'4" ).

I wanted to start a second crop so I broke out my Mother Keeper and set it up again. I tried to use the old portable A/C unit and split the air from a 6" pipe into a 4" Tee feeding both tents.

This did not work and my temperatures were soon in the mid to upper 80's. My water temperature was 78°f. I panicked and bought a cheap 6000 BTU window mounted A/C to try to cool both tents.

I used a 6" galvanised vent pipe and cut a hole with fins to slide around the air output vent on the A/C unit.

I freed the thermostat sensor from the intake vent on the face of the A/C and cut the sensor wire and spliced a four foot section of similar wire into the middle which gave me 4' of range for the thermostat to reach into the tent. It is now side by side with my thermostat sensor.

Now I have two 6" cooling outputs. One feeding each tent.

This setup is easily keeping my tents at 72°f. I have the cold air flowing around my buckets and that cools my water down to under 70°f. I am now having a condensation buildup on my galvanized pipe problem though.

2-2

2 Gal of R/O water per bucket
6ml Dyna-Grow Foliage-Pro 9-3-6
5ml Cal-Mag
5ml KLN Rooting Concentrate
5ml Hydro Guard
2ml Pro-Tekt silicon solution

I am starting a White Castle and a White Widow grow so I had to move some things around a bit.

My number 2 Wonder Woman was showing signs of Nitrogen Deficiency (Yellowing fan leaves toward the bottom of the plant). I have no idea why. I have the PPMs at 500 (start from 0) and my pH is steady between 5.5 and 6.0.

My #4 is lagging behind a bit.

My #5 Wonder Woman is spreading out nicely. ScROG for her. She has a root knot up in the core of the net pot. I hope that doesn't stunt her growth any more.

2-10

I haven't posted any updates for the last week. I was hoping to have healthy plants to display. after my last post I noticed more yellowing. I also observed signs of other nutrient deficiencies (light green leaves with darker veins, Browning and a few spots). When I checked the roots I saw this:

I determined that it was the KLN Rooting Concentrate that the Hydro Store owner gave to me because it was out of date. He said to put a cap full per gallon every time. Bad idea. I sprayed the roots off with the shower and most of the brown goop washed right off. It was kind of gritty.

Anyways, I emptied and cleaned everything. Considering all of the different deficiencies signs they were showing, I fed them basic Nutrient (Dyna Gro Foliage Pro 9-3-7) to 250 PPM at 5.5 - 6.0 pH.

I have just been leaving them alone lately trying not to kill them. I hope I am able to leave them to their growing now.

2-21

My Wonder Woman Plants are in recovery mode. They are starting to put out new fresh white roots. It's been 11 days and they are just starting to recover. I started a fresh grow after I mucked this one up so bad. I am just going to tuck these abused girls away in the corner and see what they do. My new grow is caught up to the Wonder Woman grow and I'm expecting will pass them within the week. I will post some pictures of the recovering plants and roots soon. It's such a pain for me to upload them so I want to make sure I do them all at once. The pictures that is.

you'll get there don't give up. hydro is one of the more difficult methods.

2-23

Here are the pics of the damaged Wonder Woman plants. I just don't have room to keep them until they recover. My White Castle plants are maturing fast and I need the room to start my next grow of White Rhino. I am considering planting them in soil and putting them outside to do whatever they want. They are growing new roots though. THere are several new roots already in the water.

My new grow ( started them at the beginning of February ) is White Castle Fem and White Widow Fem. They are quickly overtaking the Damaged Wonder Woman plants.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom