Nitrogen or Sulfur Deficiency?

CharlieWaffles

Hey gang
I can’t decide what exactly is lacking here. Done everything the same as always. Yellowing from the spine outwards. Is it lacking in sulphur or nitrogen or possibly something else? Help.

0B3DA13B-8229-402A-8797-8BEC6A69908E.jpeg

maybe include some details. there's a number of things it could be. the most common is feeding wrong or not ph'ing correct. i don't see an air pump either. impossible to say unless you let us know what you've done so far and how you are growing.

maybe include some details. there's a number of things it could be. the most common is feeding wrong or not ph'ing correct. i don't see an air pump either. impossible to say unless you let us know what you've done so far and how you are growing.
Thanks bluter

Yes, I was hoping someone would look and just know what it was. Here’s the details. Let me know what other info I might have not included.

Cinderella 99 photo

5gal bucket with air stone running
Ph 5.8
Ppm 700
Grotek nutes Micro Grow Bloom
Cal mag

Using recommended dosages

Thanks bluter

Yes, I was hoping someone would look and just know what it was. Here’s the details. Let me know what other info I might have not included.

Cinderella 99 photo

5gal bucket with air stone running
Ph 5.8
Ppm 700
Grotek nutes Micro Grow Bloom
Cal mag

Using recommended dosages
What is the liquid temp please?
Do you put calmag in the mix first?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

What is the liquid temp please?
Do you put calmag in the mix first?

Hey bill :)
I don’t know the water temp. I will check. I do know it’s the same temp as the other 2 plants in the same tent.
Always cal mag first, then Micro Grow Bloom.
Thanks

Hey bill :)
I don’t know the water temp. I will check. I do know it’s the same temp as the other 2 plants in the same tent.
Always cal mag first, then Micro Grow Bloom.
Thanks
Nitrogen/ def. usually starts at leaf tips on older leaves first.
Sulfur/ def. makes veins yellow sometimes

Ok but why?
Temp maby?

I can’t decide what exactly is lacking here. Done everything the same as always. Yellowing from the spine outwards. Is it lacking in sulphur or nitrogen or possibly something else?
Nitrogen deficiency tends to look a might bit different. And looking at nutrient excess/deficiency charts the only thing that seems close is a sulphur deficiency.

I keep looking at it and it seems that just the one set of leaves has the problem and the older leaves below it are OK. And the younger leaves just above seem OK. Maybe it was just a glitch in the plant itself and it will recover.

Hey Charlie,

I agree... S deficiency.

Below is what's in Grotek Micro, Grow, Bloom. The "Micro" has no S. "Grow" is very low on S in my opinion... 0.2%. Even the "Bloom" is fairly low on S at 1.0%. I'm not a hydro grower, but I use solution-grade potassium sulfate powder both in my custom soil mix and for fertigation. The powder contains 50% potassium oxide and 17% sulfur. You could perhaps add some more S using solution-grade potassium sulfate, or Langbeinite (which also contains Mg). I also see the "Bloom" has no N, and the "Micro" has no P. I'm having a hard time understanding this product trio – seems they should have put Ca and Mg in both the Grow and Bloom, more S in both, some N in the Bloom, and left the Micro for just the micronutrients to be added with the Grow and Bloom.

1672652273184.png

PRECISION GROW
Total Nitrogen (N) .......... 3.0%
- 0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
- 2.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- 3.0% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) .......... 1.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) .......... 4.0%
Magnesium (Mg) .......... 1.0%
Sulphur (S) .......... 0.2%

PRECISION BLOOM
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) .......... 6.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) .......... 4.0%
Magnesium (Mg) .......... 1.0%
Sulphur (S) .......... 1.0%

PRECISION MICRO
Total Nitrogen (N) .......... 4.0%
-4.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
-4.0% Water Soluble Nitrogen
Soluble Potash (K2O) .......... 2.0%
Calcium (Ca) .......... 4.0%
Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.02%
Copper (Cu)(actual) .......... 0.01%
-0.01% Chelated Copper
Iron (Fe)(actual) .......... 0.1%
-0.1% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn)(actual) .......... 0.02%
-0.02% Chelated Manganese
Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.001%
Sodium (Na)(actual) .......... 0.02%
Zinc (Zn)(actual) .......... 0.04%
-0.04% Chelated Zinc
EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetate)(Chelating Agent) .......... 0.85%

Hey Charlie,

I agree... S deficiency.

Below is what's in Grotek Micro, Grow, Bloom. The "Micro" has no S. "Grow" is very low on S in my opinion... 0.2%. Even the "Bloom" is fairly low on S at 1.0%. I'm not a hydro grower, but I use solution-grade potassium sulfate powder both in my custom soil mix and for fertigation. The powder contains 50% potassium oxide and 17% sulfur. You could perhaps add some more S using solution-grade potassium sulfate, or Langbeinite (which also contains Mg). I also see the "Bloom" has no N, and the "Micro" has no P. I'm having a hard time understanding this product trio – seems they should have put Ca and Mg in both the Grow and Bloom, more S in both, some N in the Bloom, and left the Micro for just the micronutrients to be added with the Grow and Bloom.

1672652273184.png
Thanks a lot!! The plant has recovered a little bit. The yellowing is starting to diminish. Unfortunately for me I just bought a new batch of these nutrients. Mind you the guy I get them off of sells them quite cheap so it’s not like a big loss if I decide to go with some new nutrients moving forward. Any suggestions?

it seems that just the one set of leaves has the problem and the older leaves below it are OK. And the younger leaves just above seem OK. Maybe it was just a glitch in the plant itself and it will recover.
I only really see one set of leaves with an issue, it appears that the new growth above and the old growth below looks OK.
I noticed that, too.
It has been a week and a day since the earlier photo. Can another photo taken from above and looking down, like the first one, and it might be enough to tell us if it is a glitch and the plant is growing out of it.

Thanks a lot!! The plant has recovered a little bit. The yellowing is starting to diminish. Unfortunately for me I just bought a new batch of these nutrients. Mind you the guy I get them off of sells them quite cheap so it’s not like a big loss if I decide to go with some new nutrients moving forward. Any suggestions?

I’ve had good luck with General Hydroponics Flora series. Reasonably priced.

A very experienced grower turned me on to the Lucas formula (Google it) and it’s worked great for me with this grow in FFOF soil. It uses only two of the three General Hydroponics formulas (Micro and Bloom)….in a 2:1 ratio. Here’s a spreadsheet I found online….don’t know who gets the credit. I personally did Lucas dilute in veg and I’m doing Lucas full strength in flower.

Here’s a nice write up

4507CB31-0DE0-43CE-9DDB-2C74CD001323.png

Since it’s on the new growth, has anyone ruled out light intensity? Here’s a quick look from the Photone app regarding signs of too much light.
Good point to bring up for consideration.

Only thing is that the problem is in one plant while the fingers/leaves of the plant next to it look OK. And, the yellow appears in the veins of the fingers of the two leaves and there are healthy looking leaves below and above it.

Back
Top Bottom