Not everyone's gonna like that you grow

I have to ask what are these snickerdoodles? I’ve heard of them but never tried them
They're sugar cookies basically but you make a cinnamon/brown sugar/sugar mix and roll the dough in them. I added shredded coconuts for moisture and of course our lovely canna butter from our wonderful girls

They're sugar cookies basically but you make a cinnamon/brown sugar/sugar mix and roll the dough in them. I added shredded coconuts for moisture and of course our lovely canna butter from our wonderful girls
Oooh thank you I’ll have to try to make some soon! I think Dante and myself are going to make some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow :D he was driving me crazy all day for some lol

Oooh thank you I’ll have to try to make some soon! I think Dante and myself are going to make some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow :D he was driving me crazy all day for some lol
I always make Hunter something when I bake for TK and I! Def try it, so delicious!! And a trick I use, I spray down muffin pans with Pam then cook the cookies in there on 350 for just about 13-15 min. Keeps em nice and soft

I always make Hunter something when I bake for TK and I! Def try it, so delicious!! And a trick I use, I spray down muffin pans with Pam then cook the cookies in there on 350 for just about 13-15 min. Keeps em nice and soft
I think I can do that probably gonna need to grab some muffin sheets at Walmart I think all we have is the edible sheets and the penis one courtesy of Julia’s sister lol

I think I can do that probably gonna need to grab some muffin sheets at Walmart I think all we have is the edible sheets and the penis one courtesy of Julia’s sister lol
So funny you say that cause a friend of mine just did a charcuterie platter on a penis platter :laugh: it was the BEST!!

I wonder if any cannabinoids end up mixing with the PAM, since it's mostly a GMO canola-type rapeseed oil. If so, probably only an insignificant amount because most people know to use it sparingly.

I wonder if any cannabinoids end up mixing with the PAM, since it's mostly a GMO canola-type rapeseed oil. If so, probably only an insignificant amount because most people know to use it sparingly.
That's a good point as there are plenty of people that think it needs to be on the pans an inch thick

Add pecans to it even better

Dealing with my better half's family giving me the weed is the devil schpiel. Just finding out I grow recently and not just smoke has brought up some tension and some alarming and unnerving conversations and arguments.

Wondering who else goes through this. Who else needs to vent to someone that can understand. I'm putting this thread up for anyone and everyone who has felt this, been through this or are going through this.

If nothing else, just to know that there are others out there trying to work through the same stuff that love what we do as much as we do.
But if no one likes what you grow that just means it's no good. Right. Lmao. Nobody likes it means it's crap weed. Lmao.

I'm just playing now. Lmao

I live in fear everyday that my landlord will find out about my grow. none of my family members object t to my growing or use. But my landlord would ho ballistic if he found out. because I can't afford a carbon filter, the day he comes by for the rent I cook lots of bacon. it's worked for 12 years now

Add pecans to it even better
Pecans always make things better!
But if no one likes what you grow that just means it's no good. Right. Lmao. Nobody likes it means it's crap weed. Lmao.

I'm just playing now. Lmao
Lmfao...too bad they don't know the shit from the good!
I live in fear everyday that my landlord will find out about my grow. none of my family members object t to my growing or use. But my landlord would ho ballistic if he found out. because I can't afford a carbon filter, the day he comes by for the rent I cook lots of bacon. it's worked for 12 years now
:rofl: bacon huh? How much bacon we talking over 12 years at $6 a bag of bacon I think you bought your carbon filter lol

Juuuust playing, following Dust's lead...I love me some bacon. And I'm surprised that's all it takes to cover it up. You don't think he secretly smokes do you?

Pecans always make things better!

Lmfao...too bad they don't know the shit from the good!

:rofl: bacon huh? How much bacon we talking over 12 years at $6 a bag of bacon I think you bought your carbon filter lol

Juuuust playing, following Dust's lead...I love me some bacon. And I'm surprised that's all it takes to cover it up. You don't think he secretly smokes do you?
Well I'm eating the bacon anyhow so rent day is bacon an eggs for breakfast, turkey club Sammie for lunch, an bacon cheeseburger with bacon chille fries for supper... hmmmm, no wonder my cholesterol is so high. No he doesn't smoke, he way to stupid to be a stoner. I'm in a 1'st floor apt, he insulated the basement ceiling then told me how much warmer my floors would be this winter... so I asked him, "what does heat do" hejust looked at with this big dumb look. So I told him heat rises, and by him insulating the ceiling in the basement he has stopped all the heat produced by the 4 furnaces and 4 water heaters that kept my floors nice an warm. now anyone that stupid has never smoked a joint in his life, he was prolly one of those kids who would say you will get addicted to drug if smoke pot. I hope that made sense, cuz I'm really high an kinda forgot where I was going wiff that

I live in fear everyday that my landlord will find out about my grow.

a lot of folk on the board are in the same boat.

it's kind of a don't ask don't tell basis here for myself and a lot of other folk. the trouble with that is you can be sued to oblivion if something ever happens even if unrelated to the grow.

for instance if something a neighbour does burns the place down i'd still be held liable for 100% of the damage costs even though i had nothing to do with it. the neighbour would get off scott free. it's how the insurance policies are written.

i'm looking to change my living arrangements as a result.

But my landlord would ho ballistic if he found out. because I can't afford a carbon filter, the day he comes by for the rent I cook lots of bacon. it's worked for 12 years now

he may have an idea. the bacon is ok, but you should run a filter for sure. best if you can vent to outdoor as well. what the landlords really hate is the mold that can go along with an improperly vented grow. over time it can cause more expensive damage than an outright fire.

Thats a lot of bacon !

Could not imagine the stress when the landlord comes over.
Nothing kills "growing weed smell" imo, especially when the roots are dry.
There's some really great carb filter out there but some of the popular ones imo dont work worth a crap.
Number 1 reason why folks get caught.
The 200 or 300 bucks is worth the money.

Nothing kills "growing weed smell" imo, especially when the roots are dry.
There's some really great carb filter out there but some of the popular ones imo dont work worth a crap.
Number 1 reason why folks get caught.
The 200 or 300 bucks is worth the money.

there's a pile of folk living dangerous on the board. at least half or more of the grows i see either have improper, or no ventilation at all. even my own veg space is vented too inadequate to risk a summer grow.

a plant or two is usually ok, but once you hit 3 or more there is no way to do it without venting to outdoor.

the trouble with that is you can be sued to oblivion if something ever happens even if unrelated to the grow.

for instance if something a neighbour does burns the place down i'd still be held liable for 100% of the damage costs even though i had nothing to do with it. the neighbour would get off scott free. it's how the insurance policies are written.

IDK if I'd agree with that 100%. Fire department investigators often seem to be more obsessive than police detectives when it comes to discovering the cause of a fire.

But it is true that many (most?) homeowner's and renter's insurance policies are written in such a way that they do not have any obligation to cover damage resulting from illegal acts (which is probably common sense). Many of them will even include language about activities the residence was not designed, intended, or zoned for. I could sit here all day thinking up scenarios in which such language would be a good idea, lol.

A legal grow for personal use... That's a different animal. One is generally allowed to keep houseplants. But if one is leasing a super-sealed "manufactured" type residence, or comparable, the lease agreement might even restrict the burning of candles and such. I have seen "professional-level" grow rooms inside people's homes - but I've also seen the sort that were unsafe and/or unhealthy. NO (or insufficient) effort to deal with the significant amount of moisture that plants transpire. A cannabis garden is far different than a potted houseplant or two, in this regard - it's a production garden, like a garden full of tomato/pepper plants would be. Worse... we like bigger plants ;). Overstressing the electrical system is another issue that probably isn't all that uncommon. Many people don't understand the concept of load-balancing, and routinely run their circuits at greater than 80% capacity. Some people's do-it-yourself wiring, et cetera... shouldn't exist. Oh, and extension cords :rolleyes: .

I can randomly browse people's "look at the plants I'm growing!!!" videos on YouTube, and easily find ones that show homes... that I wouldn't want to be forced to live in. Wires running all over the place, mold(!) spots near the baseboard (one assumes that removing that baseboard would show it all along the wall/floor junction), carpet on the floor of their garden space. And, generally speaking, a f*cking mess. And I cannot help but think, "Nearly all of these spaces are being rented - because who the **** would do this to something that they own?"

So, yes, I can understand why insurance companies - and landlords - don't want to deal with cannabis growers. I've rented. The property owners usually loved having me as a renter. Three different ones offered to lower the rent when I told them I was moving on. I treated their property as if it was my own. Actually... I treated it as if it wasn't my own - with respect.

That kind of attitude might not be as rare as it seems. Decent human beings don't seem to have whatever mental illness it is that those who feel compelled to post every facet of their lives on the Internet do, after all. But the evidence that some indoor cannabis gardeners are disgusting slobs who care not even a little about the places they live in is there for all to see - so who can blame the average landlord (or insurer)?

I can't afford a carbon filter

12 years now

Interesting. I have, upon occasion, hunted for food in restaurant dumpsters... I lived nearly a year (including Winter!) with no natural gas service, and I've been without a vehicle for more than ten years - but I own a carbon filter.

Mow a few lawns, FFS. . . .

IDK if I'd agree with that 100%. Fire department investigators often seem to be more obsessive than police detectives when it comes to discovering the cause of a fire.

they are now the ones that we have to worry about. technically even personal legal grows have to be inspected here. most folk don't know that.

most insurance companies are ok without inspection, so long as you disclose your activities. @Bill284 ran head long in to this with his fire and insurance issues.

But it is true that many (most?) homeowner's and renter's insurance policies are written in such a way that they do not have any obligation to cover damage resulting from illegal acts (which is probably common sense).

depending on circumstance it is now considered legal here. but you can put yourself in to a position of liability the same as if it wasn't. primarily all that's changed is the stigmatism surrounding a federal offense, and the law requiring jail time.

most of us have to operate very similar to pre-legal. i just don't have to look over my shoulder so much. i also have a degree of licensing, but its completely moot in my living circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom