Not everyone's gonna like that you grow

Dealing with my better half's family giving me the weed is the devil schpiel. Just finding out I grow recently and not just smoke has brought up some tension and some alarming and unnerving conversations and arguments.

Wondering who else goes through this. Who else needs to vent to someone that can understand. I'm putting this thread up for anyone and everyone who has felt this, been through this or are going through this.

If nothing else, just to know that there are others out there trying to work through the same stuff that love what we do as much as we do.

Krissi I feel your pain.....so as alot here know I have been using growing as my personal AA to stay sober from alcohol and other....and so far I've been clean since August.

Well my mother seems to think because Im growing the plant and self medicating that I'm using it as a crutch and wants me to go to AA... Plus she's super against weed and doesn't approve of any form of it.

I personally don't feel the need to go sit with other people and talk about shit when I clearly have it under control and I'm kicking ass at this green thumb thing.

So I get it with ignorant people just having issues to have issues. Hope things work out for you krissi....and thanks for making a vent thread lol bet it's gonna fill up quick.

Tell them to crawl back into their bottle and f*ck off, lol?

Mention that tobacco use accounts for approximately 400,000 deaths per year just in the USA, while the total number of deaths in which cannabis was found to be directly responsible, to date, is something like... two?

Krissi I feel your pain.....so as alot here know I have been using growing as my personal AA to stay sober from alcohol and other....and so far I've been clean since August.

Well my mother seems to think because Im growing the plant and self medicating that I'm using it as a crutch and wants me to go to AA... Plus she's super against weed and doesn't approve of any form of it.

I personally don't feel the need to go sit with other people and talk about shit when I clearly have it under control and I'm kicking ass at this green thumb thing.

So I get it with ignorant people just having issues to have issues. Hope things work out for you krissi....and thanks for making a vent thread lol bet it's gonna fill up quick.

FFS, AA isn't where you go to stop consuming cannabis - it's where you establish new connections, lol. And drink a lot of sh!try coffee.

FFS, AA isn't where you go to stop consuming cannabis - it's where you establish new connections, lol. And drink a lot of sh!try coffee.
That's literally how I feel about it

I'm so proud of you!!!!
That's really unfortunate, my Satan spawn mother is even pro cannabis now just getting her med card although my dad still isn't completely on board. It's just TKs family is like the cocaine snorting in the 80s turned alcoholic Xanax taking in the 00s and for the same reason as your mother, thinks weed is the devil or a crutch for something
you know they don't even know they haven't seen it they think I'm like a drug dealer or something didn't even bother to ask me why I grow or what I really do!! If they saw my damn stash they would see it isn't going very far like damn
I fucking just i really fucking cant with the ignorance. With the hypocrisy. I am recovered from 2 years on and off of whatever I could get my hands on. The stigma is another issue
Tell them to crawl back into their bottle and f*ck off, lol?
i told her to shut the fuck up and mind her business i dont tell her how to life her fucking life. Maybe too much but she presented to me waaaay in the wrong fashion
Mention that tobacco use accounts for approximately 400,000 deaths per year just in the USA, while the total number of deaths in which cannabis was found to be directly responsible, to date, is something like... two?
You know, I wish I could have thought straight enough to do anything but tell her to butt out
The decaf coffee. Fuck. Then the 8 hr old coffee at the meetings. The cookies though. Those were a +
I've found that the majority of the public that feels that way have a serious screw loose.
I've found that the same majority feels that we are the ones with a serious screw loose. Like TS said, crawl back in your flipping close minded hypocritical hole.

You guys rock. Smoke on and live on the way that makes you healthy. It's about what we see in the mirror every day not the picture they want to paint of us

I've been there ...Back when I first started it was really taboo ..It was like if you grew you must be a drug lord and it was just as risky as this was in the 90's during the time of "operation Green Merchant" ..That was when the US Gov.... raided grow shops and pulled all the customer files ( CC receipts) and started going to the homes of frequent shoppers ....yep that really happened .... Anyway those that where against it during that time frame in life have turned a new leaf Through me educating them on the medical aspects of this lovely plant with all the knowledge that has surfaced over the course of this movement to date ... believe it or not they all use it in one form or fashion medically from salve to rso capsules to even vaping flower that i provide to them .

None the less it was crappy to go through , You must be strong in your reasons and your will ...then start to educate ... I would be willing to bet that if anyone asked those that hold a negative opinion on it , why they feel the way they do. The response would be a generic statement from a news cast or something they just heard and never took the time to research to form an honest educated opinion .

If someone does not want to Truley know what's what they shouldn't form or have a true opinion on the topic ...

I do feel that it is our duty to attempt to educate those in our lives that are against these awesome plants ..... you could always ask ..if its so bd why did the US patent it patent #6,630,507, granted in 2003 .. thats usually an attention catcher !

I have been there also way back when certain jail time was associated with my hobby. Sometimes a guy (me) just has to back off for a while. I continued to enjoy the herb but no garden, and the problems were thought gone, now those people are out of my life, I have stepped back into my gardening. Still fully illegal here so threats were and are important.

Some people will never accept some of the things that we do. I have a neighbor who if she found out I was a cultivator, she would raise a holy stink about it, and she is a member of the city council. It is because of her that I still run a carbon filter on my exhaust fan, even though I am totally legal. My Mum and my younger sister also both hate everything to do with cannabis. Mum and Dad divorced years ago over this and my sister got married and moved away... so those problems resolved themselves.

In today's world it seems to be all the rage to share every feeling and personal belief you might have with those around you. We were much better off when people kept their growing to themselves, the same as their sexual preferences, handicaps, religion and politics. I still stay fairly private and don't feel the need to share these things that might bother other people, such that I grow and smoke, am gay, am a practicing witch and even that I am profoundly deaf. Life is a lot less complicated when you don't insist that people in your life have to accomodate or adjust to you or something that you are doing.

Guess I’m pretty lucky, never really had to deal with people like that. Hell, my 88 year old mother knows I grow , she doesn’t judge or care. My Philosophy is: live a good life, don’t hurt anyone with your action, treat people right, and don’t let other peoples problems be yours!

As you can tell by my signature I am sober (including this plant that I love growing and every other chemical). Have been for 37 years +.

I grow for my own enjoyment. My harvests are enjoyed by my family and friends with no strings attached. With that said, my dad who is 87 still does not know.

Our society has been programmed for so long that this is the devil’s weed and it is going to take time and education for that to change. Think of it this way, they have been led 50 miles into the woods and left there. They currently do not have a map to show them the way out but they still need to walk 50 miles to get out of the woods.

The main reason is fear. I had to educate myself and get past the shit that I believed (the media influence) from years ago. Only then could I start seeing the benefits that this has. For example my brother had leukemia and now uses what I grow for pain.

I hope that those that read this get some hope that the people that matter to you can find their way out of the forest!

our life our rules.

i've lived with weed as a part of my life for so long, i honestly can't remember the last time i gave a shit about anyone's negative juju. anyone who ever got to know my friends and myself figured it out quick, and was either on the bus, or buggered off. considering our crew always looked like a lot of fun most jumped on willing.

Guys I just saw all these responses and I'm, as usual, so grateful for the outreach and outpouring of love and relatability I'm seeing from all of you. I will go through and respond to each of you after I'm done with the baby's bath and he is off to sleep with Dad! Much love, be back soon

:thanks::peace::meditate:

I've been there ...Back when I first started it was really taboo ..It was like if you grew you must be a drug lord and it was just as risky as this was in the 90's during the time of "operation Green Merchant" ..That was when the US Gov.... raided grow shops and pulled all the customer files ( CC receipts) and started going to the homes of frequent shoppers ....yep that really happened .... Anyway those that where against it during that time frame in life have turned a new leaf Through me educating them on the medical aspects of this lovely plant with all the knowledge that has surfaced over the course of this movement to date ... believe it or not they all use it in one form or fashion medically from salve to rso capsules to even vaping flower that i provide to them .

I do believe that, actually....
None the less it was crappy to go through , You must be strong in your reasons and your will ...then start to educate ... I would be willing to bet that if anyone asked those that hold a negative opinion on it , why they feel the way they do. The response would be a generic statement from a news cast or something they just heard and never took the time to research to form an honest educated opinion .

If someone does not want to Truley know what's what they shouldn't form or have a true opinion on the topic ...

I do feel that it is our duty to attempt to educate those in our lives that are against these awesome plants ..... you could always ask ..if its so bd why did the US patent it patent #6,630,507, granted in 2003 .. thats usually an attention catcher !
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I think what you said is the ignorance behind the comments and it is all about just continued education regardless of the kick back we get
I've been there too
Understand and quietly accept that you really do know better
Their problem, don't let it become yours
I have learned the hard way I can only control my actions and my reactions. Everyone else I have to manage around their perceptions and misconceived notions and find a way to navigate around it cautiously. Thanks Ray
I have been there also way back when certain jail time was associated with my hobby. Sometimes a guy (me) just has to back off for a while. I continued to enjoy the herb but no garden, and the problems were thought gone, now those people are out of my life, I have stepped back into my gardening. Still fully illegal here so threats were and are important.
Same here with the illegality. Growing is a felony in my state which is a crying shame considering we legalized this past April
Some people will never accept some of the things that we do. I have a neighbor who if she found out I was a cultivator, she would raise a holy stink about it, and she is a member of the city council. It is because of her that I still run a carbon filter on my exhaust fan, even though I am totally legal. My Mum and my younger sister also both hate everything to do with cannabis. Mum and Dad divorced years ago over this and my sister got married and moved away... so those problems resolved themselves.
I'm on the mends with my family, who are pot advocates (now, not when I was younger) but it's hard because that's like the one thing they have in favor over TKs family and it's just this constant back and forth but I'm staying clear of those who don't agree and removing myself from further commenting
In today's world it seems to be all the rage to share every feeling and personal belief you might have with those around you. We were much better off when people kept their growing to themselves, the same as their sexual preferences, handicaps, religion and politics. I still stay fairly private and don't feel the need to share these things that might bother other people, such that I grow and smoke, am gay, am a practicing witch and even that I am profoundly deaf.
Thank you for sharing this. Makes everyone really undertand that we are all human, all different and all connected through this cannabis here with no inhibitions and no judgments. I am bi myself so through the years that was a struggle with some. The witch stuff interests me some, my sister follows some things and I'm into cleansing-recently trying mugwort and I've found it to be quite helpful for mental clarity
Life is a lot less complicated when you don't insist that people in your life have to accomodate or adjust to you or something that you are doing.
This is so true. I'm working through it as TKs suggestion is to ignore them and I feel this penchant desire to educate. Appreciate you Em
Guess I’m pretty lucky, never really had to deal with people like that. Hell, my 88 year old mother knows I grow , she doesn’t judge or care. My Philosophy is: live a good life, don’t hurt anyone with your action, treat people right, and don’t let other peoples problems be yours!
100%. I feel like I know I'm a good person and those who want to judge me will eventually be judged by something or someone when thr time comes. I just continue to do what I know to be right and try not to listen to the hater. Thanks Phyto, good to hear from you
Fek em! Grow on fine folks of 420! Kill em with kindness.

NTH
Oh bloody hell man I said that in so many words. I was called 'quick to go nuts" despite the fact that my initial comment in response was, thank you but no thank you for your opinion. Feeling the green love from ya buddy
As you can tell by my signature I am sober (including this plant that I love growing and every other chemical). Have been for 37 years +.
Very proud. Wonderful beyond wonderful accomplishment. TK is sober 3.5 years now from 15 years hooked on blues. I myself had a 2-3 year interval where I was picking up whatever was around. It's enlightening to find something that encourages further personal growth, like our growing
I grow for my own enjoyment. My harvests are enjoyed by my family and friends with no strings attached. With that said, my dad who is 87 still does not know.
Wow, thats impressive! Your dad doesnt know at that age! I also grow for enjoyment and the beauty of it all but I do smoke it; it always impresses me to see those who dont partake grow and love it so much. Makes my heart full. Also it gives me that road to sanity we spoke of when all other things seem sour
Our society has been programmed for so long that this is the devil’s weed and it is going to take time and education for that to change. Think of it this way, they have been led 50 miles into the woods and left there. They currently do not have a map to show them the way out but they still need to walk 50 miles to get out of the woods.
Facts
The main reason is fear. I had to educate myself and get past the shit that I believed (the media influence) from years ago.
A lot of people do
Only then could I start seeing the benefits that this has. For example my brother had leukemia and now uses what I grow for pain.
This is fantastic to hear. I'm so glad that he is finding relief in it. My Aunt is 8 years battling Stage 4 now metastasized cervical cancer and nothing is working anymore. I am going to make her some RSO after much pushing from my mother as my Aunt, like many, is very against it
I hope that those that read this get some hope that the people that matter to you can find their way out of the forest!
Thank you so much for sharing SG!!
It got me off of pain pills in 2010, alot of my wifes family didn't approve, some did from my back injury.
Cannabis has made me a better husband, father. So however doesn't agree with that in the family can "lick-em".
Sorry to hear this Krissi
GG...hey buddy, thanks for chiming in and congratulations on your sobriety as well. As you read, I'm familiar with pill addiction as I've seen it with TK. He can't even smell my plants which is sad from all the snorting. Buuut, he is on my side with bud and does try to talk to his family about its medicinal benefits as he suffers from anxiety and is still trying to get off suboxone and xanax....I'm with you though...lick em if you want to practice this kind of ignorance
our life our rules.

i've lived with weed as a part of my life for so long, i honestly can't remember the last time i gave a shit about anyone's negative juju. anyone who ever got to know my friends and myself figured it out quick, and was either on the bus, or buggered off. considering our crew always looked like a lot of fun most jumped on willing.
Bluter, the not having anyone's negative juju thing is such a good point. My sis and I are on amends and just last night we had what I thought to be a great long conversation only to have her text me today with everything negative that was discussed, things from 25 years ago and I just told her, I'm NOT having the negative energy, it's not healthy for either of us. You have to step away and not live in the chaos and scrutiny with them. I'm hoping they come around and if not, it is what it is. Thank you for being a part of this feed man

next time you see them eating a donut or sugary food, slap that thing out there hand and tell them sugar kills about 1.9 MILLION a year worldwide.

I know your struggle before I started growing I asked if everyone was ok with it and they agreed.

2 weeks in my fiancées mom got upset and I’m like look I’m not stopping now. I asked before I planted anything and there was no arguments fuck it.

I even gave her, her own plant since she smokes to citing this would save all of us money in the end and I still stand by that belief.

Later I found out she was jealous because she got told no to growing which honestly isn’t my problem nor did I know. It’s not easy living with family but fuck living with in laws sucks ass lmao

You and my fiancée would make great friends similar struggles in life :) and your both moms and you both rock it as well

Back
Top Bottom