NYC Diesel Grow

okay x2 since I was thinking there was only one plant. I dont know man, its hard to judge with only sideways pictures! lol

Flowering plants like very high P level foods, such as 5-50-17, but 10-20-10 should be adequate. Nutrients should be provided with each watering when first flowering. Trace elements are necessary too; try to find foods that include these, so you don't have to use a separate trace element food too. Home improvement centers sell trace element solutions rich in iron for lawn deficiencies, and these can be adapted for use in cultivating the herb. Prices for these mass produced fertilizers are significantly cheaper than the specialized hydroponic fertilizers sold in indoor gardening shops, and seem to work just fine.
Early flowering is noticed 1-2 weeks after turning back the lights to 12 hour days. Look for 2 white hairs emerging from a small bulbous area at every internode. This is the easiest way to verify females early on. You can not tell a male from a female by height, or bushiness. 3-6 weeks after turning back the lights, your plants will be covered with these white pistils emerging from every growtip on the plant. It will literally be covered with them. These are the mature flowers, as they continue to grow and cover the plant. Some plants will do this indefinitely until the lights are turned back yet again. At the point you feel your ready to see the existing flowers become ripe ( you feel the plant has enough flowers), turn the lights back to 8-10 hours. Now the plant will start to ripen quickly, and should be ready to harvest in 2-3 weeks. Look for the white hairs to turn red, orange or brown, and the false seed pods ( you did pull the males, right?) to swell with resins. When most of the pistils have turned color (~80%), the flowers are ripe to harvest. Don't touch those buds! Touch only the large fan leaves if you want to inspect the buds, as the THC will come off on your fingers and reduce the overall yield if mishandled.

Not sure how much this will help. Gathered some info from the FAQ. Hope it helps somewhat. To late for a scrog. or else I would say do that. Your best bet right now is to give it the correct nute with High P and molasses and let them swellllll! Don't cut too early either! you want some amber tricks before you cut! Ill let u decide how many ambers. But the more ambers= the more couch lock/ cannabanoids. hope I have helped somewhat. :Namaste:

Either way I would imagine you will be very happy with your yield :Namaste:
So what if you harvest when trichs are milky rather than amber, will I be more of a energetic high?just curious I'm still learning!

Lovely looking plants fritzgy2

Hope you don't mind if I join in on this grow :)

:peace:

thanks GreeenFingers! I don't mind at all. just tidy I noticed a lot of new pistil growth and alot of bud growth almost overnight. it was sudden. is this gonna keep happening? this is my 2nd real grow

Good lookin plants and lookin like a nice simple clean set-up....im a newb myself and plan on starting a journal myself..ive been doing all y "homework" from this site and learned so much...are u using any nutrients??? i plan on using a 600w hps with blueberry and white russian when i begin but im really liking your journal seeing how simple and lookin like your goin to pull a nice yield..i predict 3-4oz dry on each plant...any advice for a newb starting off??

:thumb:

Good lookin plants and lookin like a nice simple clean set-up....im a newb myself and plan on starting a journal myself..ive been doing all y "homework" from this site and learned so much...are u using any nutrients??? i plan on using a 600w hps with blueberry and white russian when i begin but im really liking your journal seeing how simple and lookin like your goin to pull a nice yield..i predict 3-4oz dry on each plant...any advice for a newb starting off??

:thumb:

yea this is my 2nd grow. I have a 400w hps. begged them under cfls and t5s. I topped and lst'd both of them. my advice is let the grow. don't over think things and over worry. just keep the ph and temp and other variables right and you'll be ok. I do use nutes. mostly organic stuff. I am also trying out mother of all blooms from mad farmer. and of course blackstrap molasses

sorry it took so long but heres a pic update! let me know what everyone thinks! roughly 4 and a half weeks left

SANY1684.JPG
SANY1673.JPG
SANY1670.JPG
SANY1652.JPG
SANY1651.JPG
SANY1649.JPG
SANY1646.JPG
SANY1644.JPG
SANY1641.JPG
SANY1640.JPG
SANY1634.JPG
SANY1630.JPG
SANY1626.JPG
SANY1624.JPG
SANY1622.JPG
SANY1617.JPG

At 4 and a half weeks left and the leaves are yellow, I would add a little N to your feed.

The leaves need to stay green and healthy at least until you begin flushing.

During flushing is the only time you should have yellowing of your leaves, otherwise your plant is usually nitrogen deficient

Hope this helped somewhat :)

At 4 and a half weeks left and the leaves are yellow, I would add a little N to your feed.

During flushing is the only time you should have yellowing of your leaves, otherwise your plant is usually nitrogen deficient

yes thanks! today is feed day so I'll. e adding more N. I also noticed that the leads are pointing down some of em, what could that be?

the temp is at 75 during lights on and 67 lights off. my humidity is at like 67-70 right now. also how do I take care of the N? would pee work? lol

the temp is at 75 during lights on and 67 lights off. my humidity is at like 67-70 right now. also how do I take care of the N? would pee work? lol

Your humidity is a little high for this late into flower, you should really try getting it down between 40% - 50%

Eh about the pee, it does have nitrogen but you will have no idea how much you are adding.

You would probably just be better off adding a little veg nutes to your mix, veg nutes are high in N

Hope this helped :)

absolutely not, yes yellowing points to some N missing but look at the size and branching - this grow is awesome and will deliver no matter what. yes sure you can go with greenish foliage but sometimes that does not happen... had that happen 100x and seen no impact at this stage. the late stage i mean, sure if it happens sooner it's a problem.

be careful with nutes - visually nothing can be fixed and you are not far from harvest. too much fertilizing now can only get you in trouble. plant will continue to consume leaves and at this stage it's perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom