OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

I like that you can monitor threw out the day with out touching it.

I know right?

It would make things pretty handy Dandy alright.
perfect for adjusting that shifting Res PH..

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

FLUFFY!!!!!!!!
Welcome back my dear!!!!!
Hope you had a great Christmas and new years!
You have no idea how much people missed you around here!!!!!
Hope you're doing better, and you're flying around here spreading Fluffy love again soon!

take er slow!!

:hug:

Thanks Jon!! and for the rep attempt..
I gotta spread some love around too:love:
I'm glad I could be the "late in flower supercrop" guinea pig.
Just be forewarned though like X and I are talking about, it's not wise to do it after around 21 days into flower unless you absolutely have no choice. I'm going to take some close ups of the stems tonight where they were bent, and post them up to show you guys the delayed healing that occurs when supercropping this late in flower..

Finally getting caught up on your previous journals and this is really helpful - I've been too cautious I think since switching to 12/12 and need to take more advantage of the stretch period to supercrop etc. Really useful info.

Only up to pg. 10 but judging from where things are here and how good the buds are looking its going to finish well!

Finally getting caught up on your previous journals and this is really helpful - I've been too cautious I think since switching to 12/12 and need to take more advantage of the stretch period to supercrop etc. Really useful info.

Only up to pg. 10 but judging from where things are here and how good the buds are looking its going to finish well!

I supercropped the crap outta some plants in flower, they are gonna be real short, we'll see what the buds do.

Right on!

Then I wont spoil the ending for you..
But it does end with a smoke report.:winkyface:

I supercropped the crap outta some plants in flower, they are gonna be real short, we'll see what the buds do.

Nice.
I'll be watching..

Great journal Vick, really helpful on the supercropping and judging from the results it seems not to have any real detrimental effects if done in flower which is really good to know.

I love the photos and a very impressive yield!

Thanks man,
Glad you liked it!:cheesygrinsmiley:
The only warning I can give when supercropping in flower, is to recommend not doing it later than day 21 of flower. Like I said earlier in the journal which you probably read already..
Reason being that the stalks, especially the ones higher up (which would always be the ones you'd be hitting) have built a pretty thick stalk by then. So no matter how you pinch/squeeze/roll the bend site, the stalks tend to split in the middle of the bend. In some cases the bend sites split so bad I could see right through the stalk, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how it was still receiving nutrients. But somehow it did! Although growth on those colas were noticeably less than the non bent ones.

I look forward to seeing how you make out with it.
Your girls looks like they could really benefit from a good bend over.:winkyface:
"That's right you dirty girls, you heard me.."

Yeah, I'm thinking its defoliate and supercrop in veg, stop defoliating at 12/12 but keep supercropping through stretch and then only when necessary in flower up to day 21. Then start defoliating again.

I've given her a beating and she looks a lot better! I know what you mean about how you can snap the stem almost right the way through and it doesn't seem to have any major impact - i fucked a couple in veg and they're fine. They are incredibly resilient plants- I think as long as the nutes and rest of the environment is right you can pretty much do anything and they'll carry on growing regardless

Yeah, I'm thinking its defoliate and supercrop in veg, stop defoliating at 12/12 but keep supercropping through stretch and then only when necessary in flower up to day 21. Then start defoliating again.

sounds perfect!
I like the way you're thinking..

They can pretty much take anything in veg, like you said. One got fucker'ed, and its fine now.
Unless you actually decapitate the branch from the plant, little healing mechanisms go to work FAST, to heal any damage. Pretty cool..
And can sometimes can result in explosive growth in those areas, which is always a bonus.
:thumb:

Knight,
You know,
I was thinking about what you were talking about in your journal in regards to HID's and heat.

I used to think the exact same way as you about the CFL's, and heat thing.
I started out my first journal with the intention of doing a whole grow from start to finish with just CFL's. But the more I read, and learned, I quickly found out that HID lighting is the bomb in so many ways. So my journal that was named, " First CFL Grow In Soil - OG Kush - Wiw!" went from CFL to HID right at flip. I'm sure a few CFL'ers were a bit bummed that I sold out and went HID half way through my journal. But the most thing I was surprised about, was that once I had my HPS all setup with a cooltube and vented properly. It actually ran cooler than my DIY CFL dilly "O"!!
for real!
Mind you I was running 10- 42 watt bulbs. But it was exhausted the same..
And when I had my ballast dialed down to 50%, I could rest the plants right up, almost touching the glass, with no burn..
I don't want to piss on anything to do with CFL's whatsoever, Because I still use them to veg with and even supplement in flower. They're great for what they are! And are perfect for a newbie to learn the basics with.
I think it's bloody outstanding what you guys are doing with CFL's that I never went full term with.
And pleeeeeeeeease don't take this the wrong way.
BUT, there will come a day, (And I'm sure you know this already.) where you'll gaze into your HID's eyes, and think,
"Dang... HPS?? I think I, love you" :kiss:

I know exactly what you mean Vick - I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking them. I've got a ballast and everything from when I did a few grows ten or so years ago and used 400w hps. It was great and the results were superb considering how far from perfect the grows themselves were. If I could I'd have gone straight to hps without any question

Unfortunately the problem I've got is I'm not able to dump the heat anywhere and keeping the res cool becomes a problem- my cupboard's within a cupboard which is in the middle of the house (if that makes sense) so I can't vent the heat outside. I extract into the main cupboard and if the door on that's left open the heat can dissipate through the house, but if the main cupboard door is closed and locked (if guests come round or the weekly visit from the cleaner) then the heat in the grow room can rise quickly. It's not too bad with the cfl (the temps climb but not high enough to cause any major issues) but with an hps, even with a cool tube, the heat that gets extracted would get recirculated and drawn back into the grow room and temps would climb pretty quick. And then my res gets properly hot unfortunately which could cause all kinds of pain in a dwc.

Here's what I mean:
IMG_081813.JPG
IMG_084414.JPG

Heat's my biggest fight in this set up sadly so I have to compromise a bit. I think the solution to get the low heat but better light penetration and distribution will be an led in the long term, but if it wasn't a factor and I could exhaust externally I'd be using an hps without a doubt.

Unfortunately there's no loft space: it's a maisonette so people live above us and our ceiling / their floor is solid concrete.
Under our first floor floorboards is the other option but the joists run the wrong way to get to the external walls (we have people either side of us too so only the front and back walls are external). Cutting a 4" diameter hole through 20+ joists to reach the external wall is possible but a bit impractical for the size of the grow space. I thought a lot about it but unfortunately there aren't really any easy solutions - we basically live in a concrete cube surrounded by people!

hmmmmm then i guess u should move house :)

Ha ha, I know what you mean. What I really want's a basement, but to be honest it's a bit of a luxury just having some cupboard space to grow in round here. Getting something with a basement would be well out of my price range!

A man's gotta do what I man's gotta do..
It's all about making do with what you've got.
I'm sure we all want a basement to grow in, but pulling off a powerscrog in a closet is pretty darn respectable IMO.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Damn congratulations on hitting your goal.... And knocking it the f#%€ out! Beautiful bravo!

Back
Top Bottom