Old Phototron Experiment

Thanks Bubba.Yes,gotta get a spot ready for my lil surprise. :)

Day 15,12/12
Ok,so I know the box is overloaded,got 9 plants in there.Started with 13.
Woke this morning and there are now 5 confirmed fems.
No sign of a male yet with 4 still yet to show.
Sure smells pretty in the morning.
Bringing in the little girl from outside friday.
I'll update w/pics mon.:smokin:

Pics and update

Well,my largest plant showed sex today.It was a boy.
Chopped him out and now not looking so crowded.
Anyway,down to 8 with 6 fems.
Tried to get some flower shots/pistils but my camera is lacking.
You can still see them somewhat.

The bunch here after losing the male.
DSCF1059.JPG

DSCF1057.JPG

DSCF1056.JPG

DSCF1055.JPG

DSCF1052.JPG

DSCF1050.JPG

:peace:

Thanks Ms.Fox.Not as good looking as your girls but girls just the same. ;)
The outside photo of the fem outside a few posts back now has a sister.
Turns out the one in the bottom of pic is a girl too! :)

Thanks SG.
Small update this morning.
2 more showed male.They are now gone.Count left in box is now 6 females.
One of them is lagging behind badly and I may just get rid of it all together.
I'm learning a few things from this venture,the biggest being s p a c e.
I started with just way to many in my tron.Looking at it realistically now,I would say it can house 3 max for best yield and easier care.
Another thing I learned with the homemade c02 generators is,"don't let your hoses hang over the soil."
Seems I was getting a latent residue oozing out onto the soil and it has stunted one plant.
Live and learn eh?
On a good note however it seems like everything that's flowering took off last night.:ganjamon:
Been researching cheap DIY hydro methods and I think I have decided on "Mutha" buckets.
I will be looking around to see if I can get all the parts I need or whether I have to improvise a bit.
I know one thing for sure.I probably wouldn't have tried any of this if it weren't for this site and all of the awesome journals.:smokin:Thanks very much!
Update pics still coming monday.:peace:

Promised an update of pics monday but I may not be around,so here are my pics two days early.
First two are of my successful transplants from outside to inside yesterday.
The rest are day 18 12/12,enjoy!I sure am.:smokin:
DSCF1074.JPG

DSCF1075.JPG

The other girls.
DSCF1076.JPG

DSCF1077.JPG

DSCF1078.JPG

DSCF10791.JPG

DSCF1080.JPG

DSCF1081.JPG

DSCF1082.JPG

DSCF1083.JPG

DSCF1084.JPG

DSCF1085.JPG

DSCF1086.JPG

Looks Great I got A PT9 my plants are clones but they dont look as good as your. I have a heat problem in my system. Im using there nut as well love the updates keep them comin gives me hope

Thanks guys!
@ SG-The two I transplanted were orphaned from outside.I accidentally found them in the back yard.Hell,still not sure how they got there,lol.
Hoping to coax them back to health.
@ Mr.Neely-This is the oldest of the trons so I don't get as much heat as the newer versions.The only light I have added to the box are 2 cfl's @ 1600lumens apiece.
I haven't used any nutes except chicken poo!(dried,ground fine,mixed with distilled water for feeds)
I have a fan blowing directly into the box from the top at all times,that may help you some with heat.
Thanks for watching and good luck with yours.:peace:

I'm luvin this grow! Your girls are lookin good. How did the transplant go, and did you check for bugs? They look good, too. Are you gonna transplant them into the phototron or keep them separate? Sorry if I missed your plan earlier and I'm recovering something you've already said. ;-)

Hi there Ms.Fox :smokin:
The transplant went as well as it could.Did it day before yesterday and was careful about the roots.
Yes,still using the forbidden MG,lol.
They are perked back up and doing ok.
Honestly I wasn't ready for them and am not going to put them in the tron as I don't want to disturb any roots in there.
Went to walmart last night and got some cfl's(23watt-1600lumens)along with some splitter adapters.For now that's all I'm doing.
I have them next to the tron and on 12/12 with another mechanical timer as well.
Money is tight but I'm planning on building my own "mutha" buckets very soon.
Seems like the cheap,efficient way to go for me.
I want better lighting but it's going to be awhile because of $.
Just gonna do the best I can with what I can scrape by with for now.
I did check for bugs also and even though they look eaten up I couldn't find any.
I sprayed them down with distilled water and wiped all the leaves,top and bottom.
So far I see no signs of any bugs but I will be watching.:peace:

Hey minus, love this thread. I was given an old tron and converted it to hydro for my first try. I am glad your gals are doing so good. Keep the pics coming.:bongrip:

Hey minus, love this thread. I was given an old tron and converted it to hydro for my first try. I am glad your gals are doing so good. Keep the pics coming.:bongrip:

Yeah man,thanks.I hope they keep on keepin on.:grinjoint:

Yes Ms.Fox,shit is tight,no doubt.

Nice job with that tron, Minus. That looks like a nice larger one. I have an old smaller tron I use for seedlings, clones, mothers and such. I just replaced the ballast and the bulbs so it's like new.I love the tron for those kinds of things and I wish I had another one.

Can't want to see what you pull outta there!!

+reps

Harry

Thanks Harry!I can't wait to see what I pull outa there either!:smokin:
As far as what model I have I really don't know.
The guy I bought it from years ago said it was an original.As in the first.
He was hard up for cash at the time and told me he had used it for a hydro grow.(not a clue how he did that):hmmmm:
I paid 2 bills for it.(I thought it was kinda high but he's a friend.)
When all is done with this grow I'm going to use it for a mama.
Gotta start savin a bit to make my "Mutha" buckets!:icon_cool

BTW,here is what I want to do.Found this DIY.
DIY 'AeroMutha' Bucket : Abergreen, DIY Hydroponics Kits

Back
Top Bottom