Old threads

When folks reply to an old thread without noticing, it bumps it to the top. Not always a response to someone that hasn't been here in years but can be, other times it's a Bot trying to hide in a random thread.

@Canachris, I concur with your statement, perhaps someday an old thread forum will be developed for those old threads, say over a year old or so old with no recent responders in that thread. That way our heads will not be messed with so much, lol.

Take care my friend.

How do questions that are 2 or 5 years old come up in the frequently asked questions thread, ur messin with my head man
They appear at the bottom.
It's called similar threads.
Something in the title matches.
But they are random and some are fairly old.
Have a look.
So if someone who doesn't realize hits one of those old threads and responds it becomes seen in new posts.
We call it grave digging. :rofl:
All of a sudden a post from the past pop's up.
Might be relevant might not but there it is.
That's how we get old posts.
Hope your having a great day my friend.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

They appear at the bottom.
It's called similar threads.
I have seen old threads show up in the listing of New Posts. There was no new msg in them in the thread. An example would be the first msg was posted on Jan 11, 2007 and the last response was on July 01, 2015. We could call it a dead thread but suddenly there it is but no one posted anything.

When I click on and look at New Posts there is no listing of related msgs so it can't be that. For me, the "Similar threads" only shows up once I select a msg and open it up. Otherwise there is nothing for the computer program to recognize as something similar.

Finding one of these dead threads with no new msg in years in New Posts does not happen all that often. I think I have seen it maybe two or three times. The next time I see an example I will try to remember to get a screen grab.

I have seen old threads show up in the listing of New Posts. There was no new msg in them in the thread. An example would be the first msg was posted on Jan 11, 2007 and the last response was on July 01, 2015. We could call it a dead thread but suddenly there it is but no one posted anything.

When I click on and look at New Posts there is no listing of related msgs so it can't be that. For me, the "Similar threads" only shows up once I select a msg and open it up. Otherwise there is nothing for the computer program to recognize as something similar.

Finding one of these dead threads with no new msg in years in New Posts does not happen all that often. I think I have seen it maybe two or three times. The next time I see an example I will try to remember to get a screen grab.

good chance it was a bot push

edit : sometimes they push the thread but fail on the ad

more edit : i might not be a bot

good chance it was a bot push

edit : sometimes they push the thread but fail on the ad

more edit : i might not be a bot

You are right on the Bot part, or some other sort of Spam bumped it up. When I remove a Bot it puts all their posts into an folder on Forum that only folks in back can see, in case we goof posts could be returned to where they were. When I Bot someone or someone removes a post it leaves the thread in new posts section still.

You are right on the Bot part, or some other sort of Spam bumped it up. When I remove a Bot it puts all their posts into an folder on Forum that only folks in back can see, in case we goof posts could be returned to where they were. When I Bot someone or someone removes a post it leaves the thread in new posts section still.
Thanks. That makes sense and explains what I have been seeing.

Back
Top Bottom