OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

Hi Omm, great update. These girls are all so beautiful it's hard to find a favorite. They all have their special features. Columbian is still a favorite but as they mature it becomes harder to decide. Looking very nice.

Good luck with the leaf miners, I'm sure you'll get them under control soon.

I hope that prospective patient doesn't load you down with too much work, but it's good if you can help somebody else.:cheer::grinjoint:

Hi Mmmick I plan on finding a favorite after I harvest!! :Rasta: Will stash the best. I think the Columbian will be first to hit the scale, with the rest to follow soon.
It will be about three months before I get the new guy. By then I hope to be more organized about things, but if I can't do it, I will not take him on. Only if I'm sure I can handle it. :smokin: He might even help me a bit, if he can.

OK! Here's a Canadian joke some one sent me! :grinjoint:

Finally - - An answer I can understand!

An American tourist asks a Newfoundlander:

"Why do Scuba divers always fall
backwards off their boats?"

To which the Newfoundlander replies:

"If they fell forwards they'd still be in the f++kin' boat"

So there! :tokin:

Dropping in to say hi, and to say that your plants are absolutely rockin'!

+rep

Thanks Sun :thumb:
I read, but don't post much in your journals, but I am there! Picking up new and good stuff, of course! :Rasta:

high there you devilish rogue....
that would be good that you could potentially get some help with and from the new guy.....would be good to give someone all that knowledge you're collecting....same here....
understood all you had to say, wish i could change it for you....so wrong you had to go thru all of that....saw alot of that ignorant a..ed sh.t when i was nursing, wanted to jack them up against a wall and severely tongue lash them...for lack of being able to do what i really wanted to do....people are truely ignorant, but what is worse, is the majority are content to stay that way, how limiting a life they must have....end of rant....
did i tell you, we have a monster black bear prowling our land here now, nearly hit the neighbors jeep as it ran out of the drive the other night...since they outlawed hound hunting, they are even in the citys now....so had to go buy some slugs for the shotgun....i hate bear...saw too much of what they can do in alaska....one of gods garbage cans.....with teeth and claws...scarey....since i tend my garden in the eve, after sunset, :lot-o-toke:this is really bad for me, and a few nights a wk, the hubby works swing....not too good as i go from one end outside to the other....and the whole thing is surrounded by trees and underbrush....for privacy, ours, not some bears....

when you find it, what will kill the leaf miners be sure to post....im still worried about the ones i brought in....new post....on my thread....all looks great here....so happy for you...will be a great time....hugs, L:thumb::goodjob:

Thank You, OldManMed. Second ones in third week of 12/12 now,goes by Flo and is looking aces. 20years of apprehension had kept me from gettin' my thumbs green. Attention to detail and T.L.C. combined with a little bit of luck seems to be working for me. Oh, and by the way, no classes at Kbay. School of hardknocks and bad choices 'til the last 10 years or so. Thanks again,J.H.W.

Hi Mmmick I plan on finding a favorite after I harvest!! :Rasta: Will stash the best. I think the Columbian will be first to hit the scale, with the rest to follow soon.
It will be about three months before I get the new guy. By then I hope to be more organized about things, but if I can't do it, I will not take him on. Only if I'm sure I can handle it. :smokin: He might even help me a bit, if he can.

OK! Here's a Canadian joke some one sent me! :grinjoint:

Finally - - An answer I can understand!

An American tourist asks a Newfoundlander:

"Why do Scuba divers always fall
backwards off their boats?"

To which the Newfoundlander replies:

"If they fell forwards they'd still be in the f++kin' boat"

So there! :tokin:

Tough job, going through all those strains to find one to call "best".:lot-o-toke: but I think you can handle it.

Yeah it would be great if the prospective patient could do a little of the heavy stuff for you. I use an adjustable handcart whenever possible.

Heheh the newf didn't get too technical about it, did he?:)

Aloha OMM, just checkin' in mate. You've got some beautiful family reunion portraits! Not at all disfunctional unlike some families' Thanksgiving get-togethers. Yep, that Colombian especially is damn nice - takes me back.

Reminds me of an ol' '69 4-barrel LeMans I used ta own, for some reason...good times. A True Classic.
---

Say, what is it about us Old(er)-Timers and Colombian? Was the weed really that good, or the times just that fondly remembered? Maybe a little of both...

Good luck in your struggle against the Borg...may you be victorious! "To strive, to seek, to find - and not to affect my yield!" :Rasta:

GREAT job and + Reps! :) Jus' keeps gettin' better, OMM...

Your threads're kinda like the Army, too, ya know...ya make more folks feel welcome before 9am than most people do all day! 'Nuff said!

Might hafta start callin' those Air Pots "Carb Pots" instead...it's a kinda regulator, after all...jus' for roots instead of a bong...

...Plenty of room here....since the crash! Over a 100 foreclosures every month. 20 years from now maybe a bit different.:ganjamon:

So, what're property values like nowadays where you are? I'm sure right on the water they're as expensive as ever - but if someone wanted to pick up something decent and reasonably close, what're we talking about $$$-wise? (and compared to a few years ago, too) What's the drop been - 10%? 15? More? Figure I'd ask a bona fide native first vs. going to realtor.com and browsing endless listings...

The older I get, the more HI seems like a nice place to live, OMM...

Mahalo, ;)

-TL

high there you devilish rogue....
that would be good that you could potentially get some help with and from the new guy.....would be good to give someone all that knowledge you're collecting....same here....
understood all you had to say, wish i could change it for you....so wrong you had to go thru all of that....saw alot of that ignorant a..ed sh.t when i was nursing, wanted to jack them up against a wall and severely tongue lash them...for lack of being able to do what i really wanted to do....people are truely ignorant, but what is worse, is the majority are content to stay that way, how limiting a life they must have....end of rant....
did i tell you, we have a monster black bear prowling our land here now, nearly hit the neighbors jeep as it ran out of the drive the other night...since they outlawed hound hunting, they are even in the citys now....so had to go buy some slugs for the shotgun....i hate bear...saw too much of what they can do in alaska....one of gods garbage cans.....with teeth and claws...scarey....since i tend my garden in the eve, after sunset, :lot-o-toke:this is really bad for me, and a few nights a wk, the hubby works swing....not too good as i go from one end outside to the other....and the whole thing is surrounded by trees and underbrush....for privacy, ours, not some bears....

when you find it, what will kill the leaf miners be sure to post....im still worried about the ones i brought in....new post....on my thread....all looks great here....so happy for you...will be a great time....hugs, L:thumb::goodjob:

Hi Lavendar I was just thinking about my potential helper. Last time I saw him he was rather pale and didn't look so good, so we will see. I hope he's doing better now. You are right, I would love to tutor him for a while and pass things on. :yummy:

Yea, we can't change stupid! She refused counseling and the whole learning process. Just like most of us. Very smart in some things, dumb as a rock in other things. That's history, so on to now. :)

I took a very small top off of the Columbian. The part that had turned golden.
I let it dry over night. First puff.....that, that taste....it's Columbian! Just like I remembered it! :grinjoint: Same kind of jubilant high and space city. Cured is what I'm waiting for now. She will come down in a few days. Happy!

SLH come down tomorrow. Here we go! :thumb:

I just couldn't live in a place with bears! MH has em close too! I know we need to protect our wild life,,,,,but,,,,,we have to protect us too! I'm with you carry a big gun. Not right that! :smokin::smokin:

Took off the bad leaves and sprayed em all. Will know if it worked in the morning. I'll let you know. :surf:

Thank You, OldManMed. Second ones in third week of 12/12 now,goes by Flo and is looking aces. 20years of apprehension had kept me from gettin' my thumbs green. Attention to detail and T.L.C. combined with a little bit of luck seems to be working for me. Oh, and by the way, no classes at Kbay. School of hardknocks and bad choices 'til the last 10 years or so. Thanks again,J.H.W.

Hey J.H.W. Flo is good!!] :thumb:] Great! Just think you had that green thumb all along. ;) I retired from the Army. With about 6 years to go, I was promoted high enough to stop smoking. Wasn't worth the risk any more! Glad I did. I could never have paid all my medical bills.:smokin:

Seems like we all go through that process. When I was teaching, I had very young just in the military kids and older folks about to get out. The older ones were finally waking up to the fact they had to get their sh*t together.

Glad you found 420 my friend. :ganjamon:

Tough job, going through all those strains to find one to call "best".:lot-o-toke: but I think you can handle it.

Yeah it would be great if the prospective patient could do a little of the heavy stuff for you. I use an adjustable handcart whenever possible.

Heheh the newf didn't get too technical about it, did he?:)

Hey Buddy! I tried a little Columbian tonight.........it is what we remember! :thumb: Yahoo! Operating at slow mo at the moment! :slide:
I use a hand cart too! AirPots when full, weigh a ton. I think most of the big girls will be cut this week. Moby maybe next week. I'll play it by amber. :Rasta:

Aloha OMM, just checkin' in mate. You've got some beautiful family reunion portraits! Not at all disfunctional unlike some families' Thanksgiving get-togethers. Yep, that Colombian especially is damn nice - takes me back.

Reminds me of an ol' '69 4-barrel LeMans I used ta own, for some reason...good times. A True Classic.
---

Say, what is it about us Old(er)-Timers and Colombian? Was the weed really that good, or the times just that fondly remembered? Maybe a little of both...

Good luck in your struggle against the Borg...may you be victorious! "To strive, to seek, to find - and not to affect my yield!" :Rasta:

GREAT job and + Reps! :) Jus' keeps gettin' better, OMM...

Your threads're kinda like the Army, too, ya know...ya make more folks feel welcome before 9am than most people do all day! 'Nuff said!

Might hafta start callin' those Air Pots "Carb Pots" instead...it's a kinda regulator, after all...jus' for roots instead of a bong...

So, what're property values like nowadays where you are? I'm sure right on the water they're as expensive as ever - but if someone wanted to pick up something decent and reasonably close, what're we talking about $$$-wise? (and compared to a few years ago, too) What's the drop been - 10%? 15? More? Figure I'd ask a bona fide native first vs. going to realtor.com and browsing endless listings...

The older I get, the more HI seems like a nice place to live, OMM...

Mahalo, ;)

-TL

Aloha to you too Mate
Thanks for the good vibes! My friend. :) And thanks for +reps! :)

I know what you mean, a LeMans! Cool! I think there's allot of memories connected to that great time of flower children and good smoke. I was lucky enough to have been in the Bay Area back then. Just back from Nam and it was a great time to have been alive. I would like to rewind back to those days.:hippy: The music was great too!:peace:

I tried a little of the Columbian.......it is good as we remember.....and it is the same stuff. Hehe! And I have more seeds.:blunt:
Thanks for your comments. I'm blushing.:slide:
Your right, Carb Pots they are! :tokin:

Real Estate About 4 years ago this house was worth $850,000. Now it's worth about $600.000. It's not on a big piece of land, has 3 bedrooms, dinning, Living room, 2 baths, and this room which is a big room. My room to play in. It's about a quarter of a mile to the beach.

Anything close to the beach is in the millions. This is the windward side of the island and is considered "out in the country" by the folks on the other side. Right now I would say a good house would run you about $625.000.
On the Honolulu side it's naturally more expensive. Be warned Hawaiian houses are not built like the ones your used to. Some are single wall construction. Also you will need to know about each neighborhood. Good and bad and ethnic. Just remember you will be in a minority group here! Hawaii is a melting pot for the far east. It has it's faults, but I love it. Mt second choice would be the Greek Islands where I was lucky enough to live for 6 years. Don't know it that helps, but that's my take. :Rasta:

Day 64 of Bloom

Day 38 of Bloom for the Skunks, Violator Hush, and the Fems

Group Shot :popcorn:
grp36.jpg

Group Shot right :popcorn:
grpr1.jpg

Group Shot Left:popcorn:
grpL1.jpg

Super Silver Haze :popcorn:
SSH36.jpg

Moby Dick :popcorn:
moby27.jpg

Moby Dick :popcorn:
moby112.jpg

Super Lemon Haze :popcorn:
SLHBud2.jpg

Too Be contuned

Up Date Continued

Super Lemon Haze :popcorn:
SLH45.jpg

The Church :popcorn:
church44.jpg

The Church almost trimmed already! :popcorn:
church119.jpg

Columbian Gold with a missing bud top....Bud Rot :smokin:
colm3.jpg

Columbian Gold :smokin:
colm11.jpg

2 of the Fems :popcorn:
fem18.jpg

2 More Fems :popcorn:
fem28.jpg

The 2 Shunks#1s :popcorn:
skunk26.jpg

I was going to harvest the SLH today, but decided to wait until tomorrow for a bit more amber. The Church has been pre trimmed a bit. The rest of the big 5 will be harvested as they are ready! Gonna be a busy week. :thumb:

Up date Complete

Aloha OMM....how are you feeling brother? Hope well and well rested, whenever you trim those girls you have your hands full...so much bud! :Rasta:

I have a new toy coming...hopefully I can up my yield some...:morenutes:, my first real HPS, gonna switch to a 600W (I use almost that anyway, should be a big jump in light output, hope not too much in heat), not sure if I am gonna try and do it as a dangle or just like a normal light. My plan is to later when I can afford a light mover use it normally (aimed down) so probably will work with it that way for a few grows...:smokin:

Hope I don't get buyers remorse, I agonized over this or a 400W and a cool tube for a dangle and still use my 150W as a second dangle or even buy more security lights for $48 shipped (150W HPS) and use 3 or 4...I chose the 600W with a cheapo hood for now.

I changed my veg cabinet bulbs also and the plants said WOW. You could tell the difference, cabinet is much brighter now.

Just dropping by to chat and admire your outdoor beauties, even the little girls are looking just beautiful. Sorry about the one cola though...bud rot. :whoa:

:peacetwo: from my little mountain cave.

Aloha OMM....how are you feeling brother? Hope well and well rested, whenever you trim those girls you have your hands full...so much bud! :Rasta:

I have a new toy coming...hopefully I can up my yield some...:morenutes:, my first real HPS, gonna switch to a 600W (I use almost that anyway, should be a big jump in light output, hope not too much in heat), not sure if I am gonna try and do it as a dangle or just like a normal light. My plan is to later when I can afford a light mover use it normally (aimed down) so probably will work with it that way for a few grows...:smokin:

Hope I don't get buyers remorse, I agonized over this or a 400W and a cool tube for a dangle and still use my 150W as a second dangle or even buy more security lights for $48 shipped (150W HPS) and use 3 or 4...I chose the 600W with a cheapo hood for now.

I changed my veg cabinet bulbs also and the plants said WOW. You could tell the difference, cabinet is much brighter now.

Just dropping by to chat and admire your outdoor beauties, even the little girls are looking just beautiful. Sorry about the one cola though...bud rot. :whoa:

:peacetwo: from my little mountain cave.

Hey High Today was one of the best days I've had for a while heath wise. Got a ton of things done. Just felt good, with rest stops, of course.
Jo almost fainted, I cooked! Made a ham steak with brown sugar, pineapple and cherries. And my special baked beans. Ate like a horse for once! :thumb:

I think worrying about flowering these things made me have too much anxiety.:smokin: :smokin:

How'd you like the pre trim on the Church? She's gonna be down this week. At least she doesn't look like a cactus any more!:slide:

Congrats on the new lamp. You finally did it! Hanging is good, but downward is too! Yields should jump. WTG Buddy! Happy Happy! :clap::cheesygrinsmiley::clap:

Plants look strange with all the leaves I took off because of the Leaf Miners.
Sprayed like hell the other day with Neem II. Then sprayed the ground and top of the pots Ortho Max. Haven't seen another one yet! :thumb: Fingers crossed. :popcorn:

Aloha my friend and nothing but the best for you two. :Rasta:

plants look great....its hard for me to cut them down too, now its like the red queen...off with their heads...

did you see the season finale of true blood?

took the pics tonight, not sure ill do them tho....

so glad to hear the c.g. was a good'n.....i cant wait to taste mine...my leaves are all lime colored also...but the buds are really starting to grow...
got all the bills done today for a while...

trying to get the outside garden put to bed for the winter...been blowing and pouring all wk, with a couple of sun spots...nights cold....so glad i got the plants in....

can you grow outside all yr? if so, isnt there a bad season at all? llucky...

dinner sounded good....my best friend is from greece...despina...her mom taught me to cook a few dishes...alot of fun....goodnite, sure is quiet here lately....L:smokin:

plants look great....its hard for me to cut them down too, now its like the red queen...off with their heads...

did you see the season finale of true blood?

took the pics tonight, not sure ill do them tho....

so glad to hear the c.g. was a good'n.....i cant wait to taste mine...my leaves are all lime colored also...but the buds are really starting to grow...
got all the bills done today for a while...

trying to get the outside garden put to bed for the winter...been blowing and pouring all wk, with a couple of sun spots...nights cold....so glad i got the plants in....

can you grow outside all yr? if so, isnt there a bad season at all? llucky...

dinner sounded good....my best friend is from greece...despina...her mom taught me to cook a few dishes...alot of fun....goodnite, sure is quiet here lately....L:smokin:

Hi there Lavendar :thumb: You just caught me! Gonna watch football for hours and relax. I had a really good health day today...could use a few more,:)

I found a bit of bud rot on the c.g. today. It's been cut off! Wasn't much.:smokin:

I missed True Blood. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Did bills yesterday! :popcorn:

Actually this is the bad time for growing here. Not much rain for months and hot. Hurricane season too! Been lucky! Knock on wood!

Wow, bears and now bad weather...what next? Glad you got them all taken care of and safe! :grinjoint:

How is Hubby's hand?

I loved my stay in Greece. They live good lives over there....take their time with everything. The have the right idea. They never had a freeway until the Olympics. Good folks!

It's that all the bubbler's are gone that makes it seem slow. imho.

Have a very good pleasant evening :)

Hey Buddy! I tried a little Columbian tonight.........it is what we remember! :thumb: Yahoo! Operating at slow mo at the moment! :slide:
I use a hand cart too! AirPots when full, weigh a ton. I think most of the big girls will be cut this week. Moby maybe next week. I'll play it by amber. :Rasta:

hey OMM, thats cool. :yahoo: I'll have to move it a couple of notches up my want list. Nice to know some of those old genes are still floating around. How were the trichs on your tester? Was it from the middle of the plant? Slo mo is fine, hurts less when ya bump into things.:)
I took two of the widows down Sunday. You've got a lot more trimming on your hands, gonna be a busy week but very productive. Nice work my friend.:slide::goodjob:

Catching up, I see it was from the top of the plant.

Nice of the church to give you a break on the trim, heheh. Thats a fine looking set of plants.

hey OMM, thats cool. :yahoo: I'll have to move it a couple of notches up my want list. Nice to know some of those old genes are still floating around. How were the trichs on your tester? Was it from the middle of the plant? Slo mo is fine, hurts less when ya bump into things.:)
I took two of the widows down Sunday. You've got a lot more trimming on your hands, gonna be a busy week but very productive. Nice work my friend.:slide::goodjob:

Catching up, I see it was from the top of the plant.

Nice of the church to give you a break on the trim, heheh. Thats a fine looking set of plants.

Yep, it's the real thing. I took it from the top.....that's how I found the bud rot. Yuk! :smokin: When I check trichs, I take 2 samples at each level, bottom. middle, and top. For the first time I may harvest the top of a plant and then let the bottom go a bit longer. You know me and my target of 50% amber. If I really don't want to get blasted, just a hit or two will do.

Trimming I don't really mind, kinda a Zen like thing! :blushsmile::blushsmile:

I'm gonna havta get a Kindle just to keep up with this journal.....

Was good to see Mmmick, Setting Sun, and Sisco are still among us...reminds me of old times, like the guy in Hawaii (snicker, snicker) that was growing in a tight box with a mix of lights, going through new grower blues, but persevered......and just take a gander at ya now:thumb:

Shame about the pests from garden hell, lot of nerve attacking the finest mmj plants on the planet........I say nuke the f**kers. We'd all love to grow outdoors, but we often forget about the drawbacks. Hope you find something that works.

Loved the group shots, can't get to many pics of those beautiful plants. Amazing colas. Too funny about the Columbian, yeah, I also remember that taste, and high....maui wowee as well. So rare, but soooooo good.

Keep forgetting to pass on my wife's appreciation to you for what your doing for those that can't do for themselves. Not to mention my own concern of the effect of the labor on yourself. Slow and easy OMM.

Windward side heh? I have a very old friend living in Kanehoe. Shame he doesn't partake.

Cars finished, back to the carving table.

killthebugskillthebugskillthebugs:goodluck:

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom