OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

aloha hows it braw....lol way to much dawg the bounty hunter rolf
you never cease to please my island friend whats with the SSH ?
i got a clone of it in my vegg room and now thinking about scraping it i dont got the time for that little bit of bud,ive never grown it before is that usual for SSH?
the LUMBO looks frickin SICK takes me back down along road to my youth when a 1/4 oz cost 12.50 and it kicked your ASS hope it still does !!!!!!!
heres one for ya, fellas if you have an answer let me know
has anyone ever heard of Black African before had it once in the 70's and would love to know if its still around ?
i digress rambling on this poor guys page sorry OMM just smoked some blueberry joint's from the store cost 6.30 each grabbed 20 of em and WOW stoned like a kid lol
oh got the room up and running started a new journal for it come by and say HIGH :grinjoint: i think you gonna like it bring ur sunglasses too !!! :smokin:

Hey Bra :) I tool a look.....I see pounds in your future! What a set up!
As far as the SSH goes, I think I just had a bad one. She is a top seller, so I think it was just mine. Even though the leaves were green they were like parchment to touch, She was so sticky I was dumbfounded when I trimmed her. I wondered about her because she was never tall and I thought she would be. So it goes. :smokin:
The Columbian is just like you remember her. Good. :)
Haven't seen any Black African around, maybe some one else has.
Glad your up and running! :blunt:

A Moment of Silence Please​

We are gathered here to honor the passing of a true friend that gave our friend Mountain High much pleasure and comfortable thoughts through self sacrifice. Let us raise our pipes in tribute to a wonderful girl....

The Cheese !​

Anyone got a Match?​

Aloha High!

Thank you for sharing your girl. I am honored! :clap::clap:
May she rest in peace. :dreamy:

I think I'll just wait on the SLH seeds until I'm old with nothing to do but putter around. Which isn't too far off. :)

You are right of course.....the SSH...is more than I had before. :grinjoint:
Still wondering what happed to her. Just not right. Maybe I pissed her off, don't know. We'll see when I test smoke her. :smokin:

Been thinking of a better way of planning my next harvest. I thought I was ready for this one, but it kicked my butt. To the point that I couldn't think straight. No more planing so they all finish at once. Maybe planting each one a few weeks apart and making sure I only harvest 2 in a week. Of course, each would have to finish on time. What do you think?

Got the garden all cleaned up and rearranged. Pictures tomorrow. :)

Going to ware out the washer soon as we get it. No washer for a month! Ugh!
Sure will be nice to have clean sheets! :adore::adore:

Take care my friend :peace:

Shame about the SLH, but you can sure count your blessings on the rest of the harvest.

Staggering your next grow sounds logical, and a bit easier on your back.....just as long as the plants cooperate.

Like I mentioned the other day, I went over to my bud's place to water Wanda's other offspring while he's out of town. Was a sight to behold, pistols are turning red, the buds fat, heavy, and sticky. The smell has a bit more of a musky scent, very subtle, but still noticeable. While my plant is beginning to bulk up, it's no where near the weight of her sister, and appears to be lagging in maturity. Neither plant is showing any amber after 53 days in flower.

Should prove to be interesting when we test both of 'em

Has me thinking about your SLH, and the obvious differences within the same strain....perhaps seeds are like a box of chocolates:)

Your new washer installation reminded me of the AT&T installer that was here last week. When he wanted to go into my son's old room (now grow room) to check phone pairs, I told him it was impossible, being used for storage. Even with the door closed I could smell her, and imagine he could as well. But nothing was said, so I guess he was cool. Whew.

Have a great sunday

Aloha

I have never grown in the tropics but everyone (you included) talk of seasons. Every time I have been to Hawaii the weather was the same :) Maybe you can enlighten us a bit, but can a man pretty much plant a seed outdoors there any time he wants?

Now my buddy in Costa Rica talks about two seasons. He gets the wet and dry season and both seasons offer a different kind of smoke.

omm,
the seeds should be fem....and as long as good color and mature, viable...L
congrats, do a perpetual, its the only way, no gang up on the plants usually...everytime theres an opening, put one in....love it....L

omm,
was reading back a ways, and the few seeds, yes, i know i ck also and unless it was controled deliberate just couldnt figure it out...so when i found a seed, i tear the bud up, and low and behold on the inside was this orphaned tiny little yellow flower...just one and hidden away...sucked inside the female bud, and from there had spawned my 3 seeds....so now i figure, i cant get em all, but i try....and if a few seeds, oh well..nature will find a way.....just a thought...L

Very nice haul OMM, got yourself some variety to choose from for some time to come. How great it must be being you wright now. Very nice as usual.

Hi Lavendar I've breathed in some C.G. now, maybe I can make a better post, than the last one! I've read up on the Hi Snow and everything I've read says she will be big. She's just getting started. :) Glad you moved her to the big plant space.:goodluck:

All right! On the freezer. 5 cubic feet....that should do it! Good price too. :) Someday maybe one for me.

A vacuum sealer would be nice. eBay has some nice ones. I'll have to go find a discussion that I read in one of Setting Sun's journals and find out which one they all agreed was the best. ;)

My car takes me to junk stores all the time. Seems to know I love em. Box of CFL's for a dollar! on and on. Your sure lucked out....Mink! No less and the alligator shoes and purse. Think I got that from my Dad before he died when I was 12. He was an Auctioneer and bought whole houses full of stuff. I was first one in to grab what I wanted.:smokin: In fact for couple of years in Jersey, I bought whole houses full of stuff that were left in self storage places. Closed bid thing. I would put in a bid of 10 bucks and if no one else bid. I got it. Made lots of money at the flee market on the stuff. Kept allot of it too. Was kind of sad though. All their personal stuff, pictures, diplomas, keep sake stuff were in there too. Jo tried to find them, but we never did. :smokin:

Hubby and I would get along fine in that department as long as it had something to do with growing. Jo and I don't clean allot, :smokin: We would rather just watch the mess. :grinjoint: Lazy!

I have a seed.....! You got it! :ganjamon:

I seem to remember a GIANT swap meet on Oahu. It was near Pearl Harbor if I am remember correctly. I went to it on the advice of a Hawaiian that I worked with in Washington state. My son ended up buying a bong there lol. I bought some shirts and stuff, and hand the chilled, fresh coconut with a straw.

Shame about the SLH, but you can sure count your blessings on the rest of the harvest.

Staggering your next grow sounds logical, and a bit easier on your back.....just as long as the plants cooperate.

Like I mentioned the other day, I went over to my bud's place to water Wanda's other offspring while he's out of town. Was a sight to behold, pistols are turning red, the buds fat, heavy, and sticky. The smell has a bit more of a musky scent, very subtle, but still noticeable. While my plant is beginning to bulk up, it's no where near the weight of her sister, and appears to be lagging in maturity. Neither plant is showing any amber after 53 days in flower.

Should prove to be interesting when we test both of 'em

Has me thinking about your SLH, and the obvious differences within the same strain....perhaps seeds are like a box of chocolates:)

Your new washer installation reminded me of the AT&T installer that was here last week. When he wanted to go into my son's old room (now grow room) to check phone pairs, I told him it was impossible, being used for storage. Even with the door closed I could smell her, and imagine he could as well. But nothing was said, so I guess he was cool. Whew.

Have a great sunday

Aloha

Hi Buddy, Bud....it's not the SLH that was weird. it was the SHH. :)
The installer guys were local guys and it was cool. One asked if I made cigars! :) I just said "no I grow Pakalolo" and we all stated laughing.
Showed em the garden and explained that I was legal. They didn't know anything about growing and neither smoked. So was cool...if your honest with them they are your friend. Even Jo got in on the fun. ;)

I have never grown in the tropics but everyone (you included) talk of seasons. Every time I have been to Hawaii the weather was the same :) Maybe you can enlighten us a bit, but can a man pretty much plant a seed outdoors there any time he wants?

Now my buddy in Costa Rica talks about two seasons. He gets the wet and dry season and both seasons offer a different kind of smoke.

Hey G-Dog Well, your right it's had to tell. After years of being here, there are seasons of a kind.
This many not be exact on the dates, but you will get the point.

June to December is Hurricane season and September October are usually our hot months.
December to February is our winter. I've seen it get down to 51 once!!!

February to June is the rainy season. Three years ago we had 45 straight days of rain. Great time to grow!

So, yes, you can grow year around and take your chances on the weather.

I have a friend that just moved to Costa Rica close to the Panamanian boarder. He's not settled in yet. He'll let me know soon I'm sure! :cheer:

omm,
the seeds should be fem....and as long as good color and mature, viable...L
congrats, do a perpetual, its the only way, no gang up on the plants usually...everytime theres an opening, put one in....love it....L

High Lavendar Thanks for the information.
Here's what I ended up with:

SLH 2 seeds
Church 2 seeds
Moby 5 seeds

All looked very viable.

I think some else is growing around here and his rooster got lose. :grinjoint:

I don't know, but I'll take the seeds! :)

That SLH..... you should get reallly ticked off at it and give it a good kick in the bud, just point it over my way and kick it! :)

It wasn't the SLH it was the SSH! That gave me such a small amount. Sorry Buddy, not kicking her anywhere. She is fine smoke, just not much of it!

Hello to the Family! :grinjoint:

omm,
was reading back a ways, and the few seeds, yes, i know i ck also and unless it was controled deliberate just couldnt figure it out...so when i found a seed, i tear the bud up, and low and behold on the inside was this orphaned tiny little yellow flower...just one and hidden away...sucked inside the female bud, and from there had spawned my 3 seeds....so now i figure, i cant get em all, but i try....and if a few seeds, oh well..nature will find a way.....just a thought...L

Hi Again Lavendar I dug around too! Didn't find anything and those areas were dry. I never looked for them, they just fell out while trimming. They all looked very healthy and normal. C Ya soon. :)

Very nice haul OMM, got yourself some variety to choose from for some time to come. How great it must be being you wright now. Very nice as usual.

Hi Buddy Got just short of a pound altogether. Very happy!
Will post weights and smoke report a bit later. Take car my friend! :grinjoint:

I seem to remember a GIANT swap meet on Oahu. It was near Pearl Harbor if I am remember correctly. I went to it on the advice of a Hawaiian that I worked with in Washington state. My son ended up buying a bong there lol. I bought some shirts and stuff, and hand the chilled, fresh coconut with a straw.

Hey G-Dog! The swap meet is still there at Aloha Stadium, except on game day. I swear you may find anything there! :cheer:

Hey G-Dog Well, your right it's had to tell. After years of being here, there are seasons of a kind.
This many not be exact on the dates, but you will get the point.

June to December is Hurricane season and September October are usually our hot months.
December to February is our winter. I've seen it get down to 51 once!!!

February to June is the rainy season. Three years ago we had 45 straight days of rain. Great time to grow!

So, yes, you can grow year around and take your chances on the weather.

I have a friend that just moved to Costa Rica close to the Panamanian boarder. He's not settled in yet. He'll let me know soon I'm sure! :cheer:

It is so funny... Last time I was there, I stayed in Oahu (Ko Olina resort). I got there the rain stopped. I mean the day after all that rain stopped. It overwhelmed the Honolulu sewage plant and ran into Waikiki beach. They had to close it down. We went to the North Shore that time and the water was brown from all the rain run off.

I was in Kona a couple years earlier and drove to Hilo to see the cool surf from a passing hurricane. It was a bit disappointing. Lot of surfers out, but the waves were nothing like what you get on an average day at Sandy Beach in Oahu.

I love Kona, but it is not really a surfer's paradise. I am not much of a surfer myself anymore, but I like to watch the kids do it and I enjoy big surf.

But my question was... Can a man just plant a seed any time he wants to there and bring home a crop? Well let me change that... I mean you would want to start it out inside to get a little veg going, but soon as you put outside you go into flowering right?

Day 46 of Bloom

A Group Shot
grp37.jpg

Group from the right.
grpl2.jpg

Group from the left
grpr2.jpg

Here's a Skunk #1 Shot
skunk113.jpg

A Skunk #1 Bud
skunk1bud.jpg

Violator Kush
vk23.jpg

Violator Kush Bud
vkbud2.jpg

One of the Fems
fem7.jpg

A Fem Bud
fem_bud.jpg

Well the garden is in order again and not looking to bad :grinjoint:

Hi All! :)

Well here is the dry weights for this harvest!

The SLH :grinjoint:
SLHdry.jpg

The Church :grinjoint:
chruchdry.jpg

The SSH :grinjoint:
SSHDRY.jpg

The Moby Dick :grinjoint:
mobydry.jpg

OK! Lets see what we have for a total!

Columbian Gold 81 grams
Super Lemon Haze 106 grams
Super Silver Haze 38 grams
The Church 77 grams
Moby Dick 143 grams

For a total of, trumpets please! 445 grams or almost a pound! Happy! Happy!

Smoke Report!

Columbian Gold. Just like we remember her. Smooth fruity/kind of spiciness taste and a A good spacey, silly high! :smokin: 9

Super Lemon Haze. A distinct lemon flavor, easy on the throat and a very up high. 8 to 9.

The Church A bit on the musky side, but good taste and a really nice indica stone. Very close to couchlock, but not overwhelming. 9 I'm in love!

Super Sliver Haze Fruity taste and easy to smoke. 9 A very up silly high!

Moby Dick A very powerful stone. Sweet taste I can't place. Smokes nicely and is one the best strains I have ever smoked! A very solid 9 !!

Well, there you go....all good smoke and some great! Just what the doctor ordered! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom