OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

Aloha High Always happy when you visit! :grinjoint:

Allergies are hell, I know, but yours sounds a little bit better, guess it comes in waves, Yuk! Big supply of tissue paper on hand. :smokin:

So using the last of your mix on a Cheese repotting, how did I know you would do that! :) Your right she will suck that light dry. Sounds great! Big Cheese this time! ;)

Now Babs is a different animal completely. She should be showing already it seems, but they do things slower than we would like.......High I hope that shes a she! :goodluck:

Cheese hash on Super Lemon Haze that would make me feel better too!:hookah:
Right now The Church is making me quite happy. :blunt:

Thanks for the nice words about the harvest. It was tiring, but rewarding. :)

The others were not noticed much as the big girls got all the attention and now they are about ready. You are right, add those to the stash and I'll have the kine smoke for a while.:yahoo:

When I harvest these, I'll close this journal and take two weeks off. Then I'll start what I hope will be a perpetual grow. I think if I time things right, I will never harvest more than one a week, even two would be OK, but not all at once anymore.....that hurt the OMM. I have some germing now, so I be able to hit the street running. I hope!

:peace: My Friend....go look at your beautiful garden and you will feel better. :cheer:

Headed that way myself OMM. I don't know about every week....I'm thinking One or two big ones a year....Maybe three. Even a rock-headed, old man, chronic like me, can get by fine on 50oz. or a year. ;)

Headed that way myself OMM. I don't know about every week....I'm thinking One or two big ones a year....Maybe three. Even a rock-headed, old man, chronic like me, can get by fine on 50oz. or a year. ;)

Hi Chopper :) Not another old fart! :) 50 oz would get me by too! Sounds good to me.

I'm a provider so I don't get to keep it all. Just most most of it! :grinjoint:
The days are coming when I can't go any more......so......stockpile! :blunt:

Thanks for looking in!:)

hi mate ........those bud shots are mouth watering........i wanna lick em lol........i wanted to chat about the air pots.........and my theories.....you know i always have em lol.....here goes.....im thinking of switching my air dome pump off next week as the job its designed to do....ie make a better root system by air pruning pretty much the same as yours right ?.........my thinking is this.........once the air pots and my domes have given the plant really good roots...........why continue to air prone so more roots are made whilst at this stage in flower ?.....my thinking is this ....once those girls have a good root system making more roots takes up un nessarsery energy from the plant which could be used better by making more bud.........id like to here your thoughts ?........or could i be down right cheeky and ask on your next grow repot 1 into a normal pot after 4 weeks flower to see if it improves yeild.......im going to be doing just that next time round......but if we both do it the results cud be more conclusive...........great grow here mate....and i wouldn t blame you for sticking to your methods as your results speek for themselves........its just that im always looking to add that little bit more weight to my next grow as im sure your aware......i seek perfection which there is no such thing.......but god loves a tryer hehe...........be lucky weedtastic

Hey OMM if you had your own gardener living say, out back in your shed, you wouldn't need to take no stinking days off!

I'm tired of hearing how buzzed you guys are all the time with your latest wonder-bud. I haven't gotten a good buzz on since last May or June when I quit buying.

This stuff I have now is ok but probably about a 6 on my scale, which would make it about a 2 on yours :tokin:

Honestly I'm glad I had no idea in advance that these would take 16 weeks or more to finish. I'd have probably pulled them when I pulled the others. I should have pulled them and kept the others... coulda woulda shoulda.

Oh well we travel along, oars against the current. I've learned so much, I'm still learning every day, and this harvest will be all the better when it happens.

I hope it ends up as my most memorable harvest ever no matter how long I grow, my first really good smoke.

Maybe that's why the first Thanksgiving was in late November. The corn and squash were done in October, but Miles Standish had them hold off until those cool plants they got from Pocahontas were ripe :)

My good friend I have so many pages to catch up on in your grow (and everyone else's) that it would take me into next week before I'm up to this point, by then I'll be another several pages behind! So for now just saying hello. I'll be back!:Rasta:

hi mate ........those bud shots are mouth watering........i wanna lick em lol........i wanted to chat about the air pots.........and my theories.....you know i always have em lol.....here goes.....im thinking of switching my air dome pump off next week as the job its designed to do....ie make a better root system by air pruning pretty much the same as yours right ?.........my thinking is this.........once the air pots and my domes have given the plant really good roots...........why continue to air prone so more roots are made whilst at this stage in flower ?.....my thinking is this ....once those girls have a good root system making more roots takes up un nessarsery energy from the plant which could be used better by making more bud.........id like to here your thoughts ?........or could i be down right cheeky and ask on your next grow repot 1 into a normal pot after 4 weeks flower to see if it improves yeild.......im going to be doing just that next time round......but if we both do it the results cud be more conclusive...........great grow here mate....and i wouldn t blame you for sticking to your methods as your results speek for themselves........its just that im always looking to add that little bit more weight to my next grow as im sure your aware......i seek perfection which there is no such thing.......but god loves a tryer hehe...........be lucky weedtastic

G'day Mate! I'm following your logic just fine. There is something that is tickling my mind about it and I can't put my finger on it. Either way, if we replant the roots would have to settle into the new pot and have to grow a bit of new roots. To compare two plants of the same strain they would have to be grown in the same size pots. My 3.4 gallon Airpots are actually about 4 and a half gallons. Think a 4 gallon regular pot would have be the one I use. A 5 gallon would mean that it would have to grow new roots. So yes I could do it. I would have to make sure I grow 2 of the same strain. It may be some time before I can do it, but I will try it. I've already germ'd the next grow and have plans for them on another experiment. I will be germing more very shortly after that, then we can do it. More yield is a good goal for us. :cheer:

Hey OMM if you had your own gardener living say, out back in your shed, you wouldn't need to take no stinking days off!

I'm tired of hearing how buzzed you guys are all the time with your latest wonder-bud. I haven't gotten a good buzz on since last May or June when I quit buying.

This stuff I have now is ok but probably about a 6 on my scale, which would make it about a 2 on yours :tokin:

Honestly I'm glad I had no idea in advance that these would take 16 weeks or more to finish. I'd have probably pulled them when I pulled the others. I should have pulled them and kept the others... coulda woulda shoulda.

Oh well we travel along, oars against the current. I've learned so much, I'm still learning every day, and this harvest will be all the better when it happens.

I hope it ends up as my most memorable harvest ever no matter how long I grow, my first really good smoke.

Maybe that's why the first Thanksgiving was in late November. The corn and squash were done in October, but Miles Standish had them hold off until those cool plants they got from Pocahontas were ripe :)

Hey Blue That shed is pretty small and has no windows, how ever there are many things living in there...so you wouldn't be alone! :smokin:

Bud, you should have some good buds by now. I think maybe it may be your curring methods. Once in the jar your buds should start aging and the potency should really increase over time. If I remember right you had to pull many of them at once and they were all over the place. Totally not your fault, due to circumstances. This time your curring methods should improve because you have done it before and know what to expect.

You could even try a water curring. You wont end up with as much, but what you would have left should kick butt. It would be pure. We need to think this over a bit. :)
I want some Pocahontas Buds!

My good friend I have so many pages to catch up on in your grow (and everyone else's) that it would take me into next week before I'm up to this point, by then I'll be another several pages behind! So for now just saying hello. I'll be back!:Rasta:

Hi Woodsman! :) Just do what Norcaliwood does......look at the pictures
as you pass by......I'll never know! :)

Very nice OMM!! Great bud shots. That FEM in front is struttin her stuff. gonna be fat.:thumb:

Hi mmmick ;)

Your right that FEM is coming along and putting on weight! I like short fat fannies! All seven of the plants have some amber trichs already, so it shouldn't be but weeks until they are done. I hope! :grinjoint:

Hi All

Just a quick update. Cut down one of the Skunk #1 s to day and here is what I have wet. 75 grams.

bowlskunk.jpg

When I harvest the other one maybe I'll get an oz. total dry. Should have used larger AirPots. Lesson learned. I'll take another oz though, who am I to refuse an oz! :thumb:

You guys are talking about comparos......you'll notice you can take two seeds from the SAME bud, literally two that are touching in the bud... germinate them and in pretty quick order you'll likely see how different the two plants are. This is a highly variable plant to begin with, but now that all the different phenomes are so mixed, you really don't know what will pop outta any given seed. ***one of my permanently outdoor girls is loading up with seed...looks like I'm not the only farmer around here. I hope it was someones heirloom line that they let a male grow out on. Hoping it's not one of the local kids growing out some Mexican brick spooge. Odd it never got to any of the others...maybe 'cause they come in at night?
OOOooooooI'd have been PISSED!
:surf::surf:

You guys are talking about comparos......you'll notice you can take two seeds from the SAME bud, literally two that are touching in the bud... germinate them and in pretty quick order you'll likely see how different the two plants are. This is a highly variable plant to begin with, but now that all the different phenomes are so mixed, you really don't know what will pop outta any given seed. ***one of my permanently outdoor girls is loading up with seed...looks like I'm not the only farmer around here. I hope it was someones heirloom line that they let a male grow out on. Hoping it's not one of the local kids growing out some Mexican brick spooge. Odd it never got to any of the others...maybe 'cause they come in at night?
OOOooooooI'd have been PISSED!
:surf::surf:

Your right my fiend None and I mean none are same! Two clones from the same mother would be as close as you can get, I would think.
Not the way you want to meet another farmer for sure. I always think of that with my outdoor plants windy as it is here..:yikes::yikes:
Hopefully it was a fluke thing that won't happen again! :popcorn:

Hoping your day is nice man. I have poison oak and a cold. I have to stay medicated

G-Dog Well, mine has been better than yours for sure, all though I stay medicated just like you! :Rasta:

Your doing it the right way......just stay medicated! :goodjob:

I love Kush..... Violator looks great!

Hi Buddy! First time I have grown her. Most vigorous plant I've ever seen. Book said to veg for 3 weeks and she shot up in bloom. If she's a good smoke, and I hear she is, I'll be growing her again ! How's the cola farm going?
:thumb:

Day 55 of Bloom

Just a quick update....not much left to update :yahoo:

Group shot :yummy:
grp210.jpg

Another Group Shot :yummy:
grp39.jpg

A FEM Bud :yummy:
fembud.jpg

A Violator Kush Bud :yummy:
vkbud1.jpg

I took down the last of the Skunk #1 today! :yummy:

Here is her total wet weight! 96 Grams Wet
shunkbowl.jpg

So together the two Skunk#1s have a total wet weight 171 grams. I'll take that with a smile! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom