Our Veggie Gardens!

one last pic of my other daughter by home without the plate showing

IMG_20150402_230819.JPG

I like this picture. From this angle I can imagine it's a Boxster. !

That's a sweet idea. The voice is really raw now. I need to free it up a bit. It's one of the reasons I went back to Callanetics. I knew it would keep me strong, flexible and centered as Dale's health spiraled out of control, but I also hoped it would release the tension binding the voice. I've been at it fairly consistently now for almost two years and just lately I'm noticing more tendency to burst out in song. This is a good sign. Songwriting is something I've never attempted. Hmmmmm.

I used to spend 10-15 minutes a day singing a steady, one note aaah before Tai Chi. It really helped me stabilize my breath support and put a round, pure tone in my voice. With one note you begin to notice when you creep towards nasal sounds or the back of your throat. Listen to Norah Jones sing and you will hear the rich quality singing aah puts into your voice. Then, like Norah, a singer can add other elements back in.

For song lyrics, I like to go the Weird Al Jankovich route: Take a familiar song and bend the lyrics into absurdity :)

I used to spend 10-15 minutes a day singing a steady, one note aaah before Tai Chi. It really helped me stabilize my breath support and put a round, pure tone in my voice. With one note you begin to notice when you creep towards nasal sounds or the back of your throat. Listen to Norah Jones sing and you will hear the rich quality singing aah puts into your voice. Then, like Norah, a singer can add other elements back in.

For song lyrics, I like to go the Weird Al Jankovich route: Take a familiar song and bend the lyrics into absurdity :)

I'm forever amazed at the interests we all share. That I can be here on the garden thread and get coaching and encouragement to save my voice from neglect...... (Appreciative sigh) :green_heart:

Drove through that area about two years ago while we were still living in Eastern Washington. Coming down the 20 West...that first view of Diablo Lake just blows you away! VERY beautiful area. We hung out at the lookout for almost 2 hours! :thumb:

...may move back up there at a future date...but to Western Washington this time...

Been on all 3 of those roads. I agree completely...20 is the most scenic, then I'd say Stevens and then of course you're stuck with the 90 for Snoqualimie. A couple of nice spots on there, including by the Columbia, but after that I HATED the rest of the drive to Spokane...

you got time nivek and want to look at the tulips swing down ill lay that track or more no cost

hmmm, gonna have to think hard on this,, we are due a road trip soon,, gonna chat with the missus,, cheers

What's the purpose with the bees? I know there roll in nature. And it doesn't appear you're getting honey from that,, or maybe you are? Thanks!

Pollination.

Are there no local, 'wild' bees? Did you guys get hit with that bee problem that was going around a few years ago? Thanks 36!

No I just don't want to get stung. There well be honey bees as well. The field in picture will probably have a couple dozen hives. I don't want to maintain honey bees. And these guys pollinate the equivalent of 120 honey bees.

are the bees alive in that little tube?? cool hive alright. any guarantees about the bees sticking around?

I love these bee's, never heard of this strain before. After reviewing their story online, (from your posts above), I am going to order a few for my backyard. I have a ton bee's outfront working the flowers, but I like the idea of multi layers of pollination and survivability of these. Hopefully, they dont mind a warm winter where lows might not crack 30 on the down side.

I will also be uploading a bunch of picture of my garden today, my kids are taking off on a weekend trip and I have the time to relax and do it right.

Back
Top Bottom