Outdoor Scandinavia

Weather forecast coming week.
420-magazine-mobile1668987892.jpg

Weather forecast coming week.
420-magazine-mobile1668987892.jpg
Looking at the temperatures, it is getting colder, but that and overcast conditions could help them towards quicker harvest. The plants know winter is coming, so they will speed up their life cycles a bit to finish growing before the ice & snow comes.

Looking at the temperatures, it is getting colder, but that and overcast conditions could help them towards quicker harvest. The plants know winter is coming, so they will speed up their life cycles a bit to finish growing before the ice & snow comes. .

I don't think I should gamble any longer when night temperatures reach five degrees.

Wow, gotta give you credit for the huge set of balls you got trying to grow outdoors in Scandinavia, I have similar weather here in northern Canada. Looking pretty good considering the low temps and limited sunlight you have. Next year I would use some strains bred for colder climates and challenging conditions (Jordan of the Islands, or Kootenay Mountain Seeds both have bred outdoor strains for the cold/wet British Columbia mountain weather). I would also start them a few weeks earlier indoors, so you can plant them when they are already well established, and make the best out of your short growing season.

Good job! Keep it up!

Wow, gotta give you credit for the huge set of balls you got trying to grow outdoors in Scandinavia, I have similar weather here in northern Canada. Looking pretty good considering the low temps and limited sunlight you have. Next year I would use some strains bred for colder climates and challenging conditions (Jordan of the Islands, or Kootenay Mountain Seeds both have bred outdoor strains for the cold/wet British Columbia mountain weather). I would also start them a few weeks earlier indoors, so you can plant them when they are already well established, and make the best out of your short growing season.

Good job! Keep it up!

Thanks!

Yes, this season is a trial and error to maximize yield next year.

As you said I need to start earlier, perhaps indoor in beginning of May and then put the ladies outside first week of June.

The spot I have seems good. No one has been walking in that area during the whole time, so it seems pretty safe. On the other side the mushroom season starts now, so it will be interesting to see what happens coming weeks...

I will read about those strains, thanks for the advice.

Next year I will also prepare the ground for my plants so they get better soil to grow in. I might construct some kind of stealthy self water system in case of dry weeks during summer.

I would keep them out as long as possible. When there is no new white pistils and they are all browning, or when the little trichomes are starting to turn amber, then they are ready. Watch for mold if it gets too wet, and keep an eye out for frost as that could kill them, but looking good! They are just starting to put on some bud weight so the longer you can keep them growing the better.

Forecast next 7 days. Seems like the temperatures will be ok, but I will pay my ladies a visit the coming weekend to see how they are doing. Hopefully they are doing good and buds bugger.

420-magazine-mobile295776394.jpg

6°C is 42.8°F. I hope that is a "cool-weather tolerant" strain of cannabis. As far as I know, many are but some are not.

So, how many weeks do you believe my ladies need? 2-4?
I'd hazard 4 weeks, but i've never grown autos - do you have info on the time it's supposed to take? (6 weeks in flower, 8 in veg, that sort of thing?)
I see lovely trichomes forming on the flower buds, good job! If my sativas look like that sort of bud, i would wait at least 6 weeks, but again, not autos.
You could prepare some soil after harvesting for next year- if you plan to grow in the same spot next year, why wait for the ground to thaw? If you do it after harvest, it has 6 months to integrate into the environment, sending goodness down, preparing a fertile path for the roots next season. And not as big an expense next year. But it's up to you, there are so many ways to do this, whatever feels most comfirtable to you.

The spot I have seems good. No one has been walking in that area during the whole time, so it seems pretty safe. On the other side the mushroom season starts now, so it will be interesting to see what happens coming weeks...

One easy test is to put a few small banknotes around your growing area. If they stay, it means the area is safe. If they disappear, it means someone is snooping around!

You tell me? Blue Mystic Auto and Jock Horror Auto, both from Nirvana.

You could maybe try Swiss Miss from Nirvana:

"Swiss Miss was originally bred in the Swiss Alps. A mix of a very early skunk and a hearty strain from Nepal. Swiss Miss can withstand cool high altitude nights. Swiss Miss is mold resistant and can withstand heavy night time condensation. This plant is perfect to cultivate where growing seasons are shorter and colder Swiss Miss is a light smoke with a pleasant skunky flavour."

Blue Mystic Auto has a 9-11 week flowering period and Jock Horror 11-13 weeks according to Nirvana.
It will be 13 weeks since sprout on Sunday.

Blue Mystic Auto has a 9-11 week flowering period and Jock Horror 11-13 weeks according to Nirvana.
It will be 13 weeks since sprout on Sunday.
According to a friend of mine who knows more than i do, the time period quoted on the packet is a best, most optimal condition indication. (Temps, grow medium, light, exact right nutes etc.)Even though they're autos, it's never really that short, and it's better to observe what your actual plant is doing iso blindly following the manufacturer's guidelines. Sorry.

Thanks MerryAnna, I have guessed that too.
I will head to check up on my ladies today or tomorrow, it will be very interesting to see what have happened these two weeks since my last visit.
16 degrees today so it is perfect for a stroll in the woods, both for me and mushroom hunters...

Mushroom hunters - I see how they can be a problem. I do have my own "forest" on the property I could grow. No people have any business there. Hope your ladies did survive - Ha en trivelig dag :)

So, here we go. Went out to the woods last saturday and it was a wonderful sunny autumn day. I got some mushrooms for my cooking as a bonus and the ladies seems to do fine. So far so good, but there are a lot of mushroom hunters out there now, wich makes me a little bit worried.

Here are some pics after 13 weeks, the Blue Mystic has turned to a darker color and that should be a sign she is doing well in the flower stage.

420-magazine-mobile981159554.jpg

420-magazine-mobile399268057.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1343287390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1892807179.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1904692484.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1973968968.jpg

420-magazine-mobile608904063.jpg

420-magazine-mobile753404755.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1560220405.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1046147944.jpg

420-magazine-mobile120264827.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1096803595.jpg