Panning for interest: 100 gallon ultracrop photoperiod indoor grow

Should I run with this crazy idea?

• Do it! For science!

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • This would be a crazy waste of time and materials... But do it anyways!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • You're crazy, just do another autoflower grow in the mean time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No... Just no.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Hey Fonz, was talking about regeneration on a separate thread and it gave me an idea for you. What if instead of a single plant in your 100 gallon, you plant 3 of the exact same strain or strain/ pheno. Let them really grow and get through a harvest, and then regenerate for a second harvest (leaving the entire well established rootstock in place)? I think this could be a funner grow for you and leave you with a much much much bigger harvest. Food for thought.
To be sure I'm understanding right, you mean harvest (only buds not whole plant) and flip the remaining plant stubs back to veg? You know that's not a bad idea.

Might be a cool opportunity to even go side by side with different strains to see if one comes out king of the hill.

To be sure I'm understanding right, you mean harvest (only buds not whole plant) and flip the remaining plant stubs back to veg? You know that's not a bad idea.

Might be a cool opportunity to even go side by side with different strains to see if one comes out king of the hill.
I’m just going to copy and paste my post from the other thread as I already had it all typed out - and what you mentioned is exactly what I’m doing with my Eagle Bill. I have 3 phenos growing in the same pot and will be regenning all of them.

For regen you want to leave a node (or a few nodes) of growth at the very bottom of the stem and then just lollipop from that up to the good growth like normal. When it come times to harvest you chop the meristem right above the lowest node of growth that you left and regen the plant for a second harvest. The way it normally works is when you go to harvest, you sever the meristem just above the lowest growth, cover the wound with duct tape or glue... and out of that low growth you left on the plant spawns the new plant (which is why you want it as low/ close to the soil/ coco as possible). Some pics below illustrate on my current plants. Just imagine these are done flowering - the red line is where I plan to sever (then cover with duct tape immediately), and the nodes of growth/ green lines are where the new (regenerated plant) begins to forms.

In your use case, your second harvest would be effing insane man if what the guy who wrote the book on this (JB Haze) is true. Went back and forth with him a bit and he told me the successive harvest just get bigger and bigger when regen’d correctly. If you’re going to do this, but the Cannabis Regeneration book from JB Haze as it outlines how to do the whole process and plan for regen from the onset. I think it would be bitchin to see what you end up with on your second harvest. I wouldn’t do different strains in the same pot, maybe just different phenos of the same strain.
D565C9EE-2B32-4613-A4AB-1C9202277BFE.jpeg
F343DB26-C64A-4786-A57E-B0BF8108A2A7.jpeg
308135EE-9217-49B2-8FC3-DE67CABF39F6.jpeg

I’m just going to copy and paste my post from the other thread as I already had it all typed out - and what you mentioned is exactly what I’m doing with my Eagle Bill. I have 3 phenos growing in the same pot and will be regenning all of them.

For regen you want to leave a node (or a few nodes) of growth at the very bottom of the stem and then just lollipop from that up to the good growth like normal. When it come times to harvest you chop the meristem right above the lowest node of growth that you left and regen the plant for a second harvest. The way it normally works is when you go to harvest, you sever the meristem just above the lowest growth, cover the wound with duct tape or glue... and out of that low growth you left on the plant spawns the new plant (which is why you want it as low/ close to the soil/ coco as possible). Some pics below illustrate on my current plants. Just imagine these are done flowering - the red line is where I plan to sever (then cover with duct tape immediately), and the nodes of growth/ green lines are where the new (regenerated plant) begins to forms.

In your use case, your second harvest would be effing insane man if what the guy who wrote the book on this (JB Haze) is true. Went back and forth with him a bit and he told me the successive harvest just get bigger and bigger when regen’d correctly. If you’re going to do this, but the Cannabis Regeneration book from JB Haze as it outlines how to do the whole process and plan for regen from the onset. I think it would be bitchin to see what you end up with on your second harvest. I wouldn’t do different strains in the same pot, maybe just different phenos of the same strain.
D565C9EE-2B32-4613-A4AB-1C9202277BFE.jpeg
F343DB26-C64A-4786-A57E-B0BF8108A2A7.jpeg
308135EE-9217-49B2-8FC3-DE67CABF39F6.jpeg
Never seen it done like that before. Most folk just leave the full carcass with a few leaves and bits of bud here and there and it all regrows back.

Vertical space is my limit right now for sure, I don't yet have my dream home with a glass roofed indoor courtyard at the center.
Hey! I want one of those! :lot-o-toke:

This would work in a pot that sized for the first grow. The second 3 plants would be big enough to choke each other out once the root ball is full formed.

Maybe do ONE plant twice though. That would be a good way to get it established in the big pot and have the age to support a huge plant. Plus you get lots of branches with regeneration. Easier to spread it out.

Sorry brother! I never saw where you tagged me here. But if you tried to quadline one in that pot it would be one for the record books. Lol. I’m not sure how much of the soil would not really be used. I’d love to watch it. Super long veg with multiple uppottings along the way. Might could put 4 in there. Duggan does 2 in a 25gal pot and gets over a pound from each pot. But seeing it with just 1 could be pretty epic.

This would work in a pot that sized for the first grow. The second 3 plants would be big enough to choke each other out once the root ball is full formed.

Maybe do ONE plant twice though. That would be a good way to get it established in the big pot and have the age to support a huge plant. Plus you get lots of branches with regeneration. Easier to spread it out.
Not opposed to this idea since it’s soil, but I think regen is the point of interest if you’re panning. I’ve got 3 in a 4 gallon coco hydro right now and they’ll be be going for a second, maybe a third depending how dirty I’m feeling. Go for the regen and you shall be rewarded. Do a sick ass pheno though that you’re going to be stoked on for several runs (several LARGE runs).

I still think one plant would be best. At least do the same strain if you go with multiple plants. Too much chance of them wanting different things at different times.

I can see that plant being pretty damn big after the regen. Training and a long veg should fill that pot with roots and if done right your closet with jars.

And a worm farm should fit in it too:cheesygrinsmiley:
I've thought about vermicomposting and this summer I may actually have the time to get a set up. Might be hard to sell my wife on it! :rofl:

Evening boet id go with me.Magoo on this and go with a quadline if you going to go big like that, check out @Virgin ground i think it was who went with a giant pot indoors and did 4 plants in that pot with some herbs as well in between...
You must have me confused with someone else Smeegs. I have two big plants in hempy in a 2x4. :passitleft:But since I'm here.

With that size of container you could use companion plants to help you with that monster.
Actually you should throw some garlic cloves in there, that’s a great idea. Garlic deters mites and pests. I have 4 garlic plants in my tent nonstop. If you pull off 4 cloves and just put them in a cup of 1/4” water rough side down and then cover with Saran Wrap/ set in window sill - they will show roots within a few days. Just plant those and voila, you have garlic plants. Super easy and a great idea DVT.

Back
Top Bottom