Passionate about growing as a cultivator

Farmer Reading

Hi Y'all,

I grew up on a pure-bred production hog farm in SW Ohio where my family strived to find the best genetics to raise the best pure-bred stock in the country.

After serving in the military and studying at university, my spouse and I moved to Chicago.

The mild (ha!) Chicago winters were an invitation for seasonal depression, so I started vegetable gardening.

Having competed at fairs with livestock in my youth, I decided to reconnect with my competitive agrarian roots by competing in the State Fair. Over a four year period we totalled eleven ribbons including one best of show at the Illinois State Fair whiling gardening in a 32 sq. ft. bed.

This inspired me to try my hand at cannabis cultivation where I planted one outdoor plant with my sister in Ohio and grew one plant in my apartment in Chicago. The outdoor plant yielded seven oz. and my indoor plant (more or less under a 100 watt T-5) yielded one oz. dry.

The indoor plant was grown in a third story apartment's three season sunroom in our Chicago apartment. The plant looked like little a Christmas tree from the outside.

We moved back to Ohio a couple years ago giving me an opportunity to truly to try my hand at cultivating.
I love getting lost with my girls in my grow room where I find peace and purpose.

My goal is quite simply to become the micro grower in the world.

Currently I would consider myself a novice cultivator at best, so I have a long journey on my road to perfection.

Happy to be part of such a vibrant community of people.

:welcome:

Welcome Farmer.
You have a great story there and you have come to a great site.
So I have to ask if you are growing in soil ?
Yep. I primarily veg. in Happy Frog and late veg. and flower in Lush Soil.

As far as my outdoor production I blend my own soil primarily utilizing composted horse manure and municipal wood chips through a multi composting process that I use. Then I blend it with Canadian Peet, Compost from Ohio Universities composting facility, perlite and different nutrients.

She's looking good from what I can tell!:thumb:
Thanks a lot. I am running a 220 watt LED I just bought at my local grow shop as a backup to my primary flowering light (shoot I forgot the brand). Before that I was running two Tasty LED 92 watt cree LED's. When I get time I am going to try to run all three lights to even her canopy.

My wife thinks I am wintering her for an outdoor plant.

I have a laundry list of areas of improvement. My number one weakness is record keeping or journaling.
I tape paper up in my grow area walls and every day add relative info.
This helps me keep everything straight from when I watered and fed along with
94059D0F-BCEE-4B4F-8A40-E9DAE7039474.jpeg
B24E0DB3-F062-4911-AF1B-6E12C4A4A592.jpeg
F448BFC9-09ED-4E26-96ED-F9CBAFAC4DC6.jpeg
temps and humidity.

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom