PeeJay's Prudent Home-Brewed Organic Soil - Outdoor Out of Sight Deck Grow

Looking at progression is always fun:

6/12 ~ one week after the plants were moved into bigger pots and moved out onto the deck.

first_pic.jpg

On 6/16 alpha is growing well, and beta takes a beat down.

alpha1.jpg

litter1.jpg

On 6-20, Alpha is wearing a disguise. Beta is starting to bounce back from the beating. Plants have been plagued by very hot extremely dry conditions for a couple of weeks straight.

potpepper.jpg

Increased humidity and cooler temperatures arrived ~ 6/28. Here are the plants on 6/30.

alphaside6-30.jpg

betatop6-30.jpg

Here we are on 7/7 the day the plants moved into the greenhouse.

alpha27-7.jpg

beta27-7.jpg

ghtesting.jpg

Which brings us up to yesterday morning, 7/15.

alphaside7-15.jpg

betatop7-15.jpg

They're definitely in the groove now ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

And they're gonna be yielders! :laughtwo:

Found this hanging out on alpha this morning:

greenstinkbug.jpg

It may look like something that eats other bugs, it is a green stink beetle also called a green soldier bug. In fact, they feed with their needle-like mouthparts on the juices of a wide variety of plants. Needless to say, after posing for a picture it was squished. Yes, it stank.

Bug battle! :)

I'd rather set some of your orange assassin bugs on the little green bastards, though.

Now that would be a battle.. I also noticed my usb micro has a recording setting.. intense :high-five:

Yay for bug fight! I tried to post here a couple of times. Tripped over my toenails. YAY, YAY YAY for good dirt with no added nutes! yay for PeeJay getting better with the camera! I still think poor little Betta is suffering from from lack of phosphorus. LOL! But I always bleat phosphorus. :cheer: Smugly think I am right...i mean modestly want to remind ya you keep pinching back that poor little girl.

PEEJAY, PEEJAY, HES OUR MAN
IF HE CANT DO IT
NO ONE CAN

You're right, you bleating genius! More phosphorous is the ticket. Beta looks worse by the day... I should also get a pH meter and some up and down stuff. I dub thee QueenPotatoH! :rofl:

Luv ya, Marion. Did you affix stars to your shoulders? Is Betty following orders?

John, I've said many times and in many places that if my water was way out of range, I would use a pH up or down. I would also use fish tank drops to remove chloramines from the water. In fact, my local water is crap! I don't drink it, and I won't give it to high-value plants. There is some fun talk a few pages back about me dragging six gallon jerry cans of RO water from the machine at the grocery store home to water the cannabis. Doing something like that would not be an option if I had many plants... Most "hobbyists" don't have many plants.

I'm deeply interested in human nutrition. We study many different things. I relate to chemistry, enzyme activity, social variables, etc.

Here's the thing; I study many things and one of those (I'm not particularly fond of) is tube feeding someone who can't fend for themselves. Don't get me wrong, tube feeding has saved many lives.

I'm more about feeding a healthy whole-food diet than mixing things up in carefully calculated ratios. You are a tube feeding expert. I've learned much from reading what you have to say.

That is a good analogy. Tube feeding. Hey, it works for people who like that sort of regimen. I'm not that disciplined, truth be told. But I also definitely connect the factors you connect regarding human nutrition. There is no part of a life which is not interconnected with every other life. It is impossible to separate.

What a great idea for the chloramine! I used to have a 150 gallon aquarium. In it we had schooling fresh water fish. The tank had nothing but rain water and was only cleaned and replenished with rain water. We had lemon tetras which reproduced every time we did a water change. To this day, we have one of those lemons in the 30 gallon tank all by itself. It has to be at least 13 years old! Did you ever hear of that? Our Cory cat lived 14 years! Our algae sucker lived 9 years. Got huge too.

Anyway, my point is, I have a ton of aquarium chemical fixatives. I am going to do a pH test now, but I'm pretty sure my containers have 6.5pH.

What do you know, if anything, about this epidemic level vitamin D-3 deficiency? I am very deficient because I no longer go in the sun. That is everybody's problem. I had a little basal cell removed from my face last year and was told no sun. I'm a natural strawberry blonde, so very fair like Kidman. Not anywhere near as pretty as her.

So I take Vitamin D-3, a premium brand, but I'm still low. We can't get it from food, our body makes it, but only in conjunction with the sun. I may lay in the sun for 15 minutes a day in the early part when the sun is only a 10 and not the usual 12. Ha. We had a UV Index the other day of 14. Is that even possible? Holy cow.

John, I've said many times and in many places that if my water was way out of range, I would use a pH up or down. I would also use fish tank drops to remove chloramines from the water. In fact, my local water is crap! I don't drink it, and I won't give it to high-value plants. There is some fun talk a few pages back about me dragging six gallon jerry cans of RO water from the machine at the grocery store home to water the cannabis. Doing something like that would not be an option if I had many plants... Most "hobbyists" don't have many plants.

I'm deeply interested in human nutrition. We study many different things. I relate to chemistry, enzyme activity, social variables, etc.

Here's the thing; I study many things and one of those (I'm not particularly fond of) is tube feeding someone who can't fend for themselves. Don't get me wrong, tube feeding has saved many lives.

I'm more about feeding a healthy whole-food diet than mixing things up in carefully calculated ratios. You are a tube feeding expert. I've learned much from reading what you have to say.

Thank you kindly! I also appreciate your methods of growing as well! Just think of adjusting the pH of your nutrients as insuring the soil will be in the proper pH range in most cases.

So I take Vitamin D-3, a premium brand, but I'm still low. We can't get it from food, our body makes it, but only in conjunction with the sun. I may lay in the sun for 15 minutes a day in the early part when the sun is only a 10 and not the usual 12. Ha. We had a UV Index the other day of 14. Is that even possible? Holy cow.

... you could always spend more time in the bloom room ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can feel the lift (de-SADS) I get from the extremely bright light in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom