Perfect Sun LED: Max Yield Sponsored Light Review!

Nice setup there. Can't say I'm not jealous of the space lol
Thanks brotha, anyone can get there over time, has taken me over a decade to get to where I am now doing it slowly. I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t times I dread maintaining soo much though, because it definitely is a lot when you need to mix nutrients in large batches every 2-3 days, or sometimes multiple batches in the same day. And remembering what you watered when without having a log, and that in itself can take a lot of time when you manage 40+ plants. Thankfully I don’t go clone crazy like I used to and started to learn my timing on cuttings, there was a while where I was managing over 70 plants because I didn’t know any better and it looked cool but was wayyyy overwhelming in the small space I had everything crammed :rofl: now I keep my numbers down, I’m under 30 total now and that number is going to go down even more with going back to hydro, and doing soo will also allow me to monitor everything more closely, started with hydro, tried soil without much care of it, heading back to where I thrive!

The ladies are liking the light soo far after the first day, absolutely no signs of light stress at all, as expected, I will give them another day before I start lowering the light 2” inches a day until I find the stress point. Picked up a new timer, same as the one that failed and upon opening the box, I found the tag on the new one says rated for 12 amps whereas the old one says 15, the box also says 12, and it’s the same part number.. I guess we found out why it burned out. I also decided I’m going to give the plants 13 hours of light instead of 12 for flowering, this will give me some bigger buds, or at least cut back my cycle time a little bit, and will open up my window frame for when I can work on the plants and room around my work schedule.

75D4635D-EB65-4D31-89DC-F70274A7CBB0.jpeg

6ABA7FB4-D11B-467D-AF1B-4530F1F8649E.jpeg

Thanks brotha, anyone can get there over time, has taken me over a decade to get to where I am now doing it slowly. I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t times I dread maintaining soo much though, because it definitely is a lot when you need to mix nutrients in large batches every 2-3 days, or sometimes multiple batches in the same day. And remembering what you watered when without having a log, and that in itself can take a lot of time when you manage 40+ plants. Thankfully I don’t go clone crazy like I used to and started to learn my timing on cuttings, there was a while where I was managing over 70 plants because I didn’t know any better and it looked cool but was wayyyy overwhelming in the small space I had everything crammed :rofl: now I keep my numbers down, I’m under 30 total now and that number is going to go down even more with going back to hydro, and doing soo will also allow me to monitor everything more closely, started with hydro, tried soil without much care of it, heading back to where I thrive!
I'd like to get to the point where I could crop every 3 weeks but it's just not possible without me moving lol. Hopefully my next run will be amazing enough to cover the gap between grows a bit better :)

Soo I took it upon myself to make a trellis frame that would fit within the Max Yields footprint, the frame is 4.5’x4.5’ and is sectioned off to support 4 plants, once these current plants are finished off, the ladies in hydro will move in and wave take a spot under the trellis, I will be popping more seeds from the sponsored Girl Scout Cookies grow soon and those will probably also go into the net. A little input from anyone with scrog experience would be appreciated here, how much do you fill the net before flipping for a full net at harvest? Should I wait till it’s 1/2? I was thinking right between 1/2-2/3 before flip would probably work good?.

AD923A1D-9148-4E81-B0F0-3CBC97ADD38B.jpeg

EE3E26A6-DE6E-45DA-861F-CC0572E9F021.jpeg

FC46E053-B49F-4929-BB89-8D6E52C17F6B.jpeg

good stuff bro. As far as flip time, use your spidey senses, lol.. Have to envision it really. Figure to keeping them all under till like day 10 of flower im guessing?

Soo I took it upon myself to make a trellis frame that would fit within the Max Yields footprint, the frame is 4.5’x4.5’ and is sectioned off to support 4 plants, once these current plants are finished off, the ladies in hydro will move in and wave take a spot under the trellis, I will be popping more seeds from the sponsored Girl Scout Cookies grow soon and those will probably also go into the net. A little input from anyone with scrog experience would be appreciated here, how much do you fill the net before flipping for a full net at harvest? Should I wait till it’s 1/2? I was thinking right between 1/2-2/3 before flip would probably work good?.

AD923A1D-9148-4E81-B0F0-3CBC97ADD38B.jpeg

EE3E26A6-DE6E-45DA-861F-CC0572E9F021.jpeg

FC46E053-B49F-4929-BB89-8D6E52C17F6B.jpeg
I made my net 5-1/2’x6’ , I see the bright of the light hitting the piping all the way round . Can you drop the Max Yield to 12”s ?

I made my net 5-1/2’x6’ , I see the bright of the light hitting the piping all the way round . Can you drop the Max Yield to 12”s ?
I’ll have to play around with the light some more, I’ve dropped it 5” soo far, I don’t think the light is going to have a wide enough of a spread to be that low to the plants and I think the cobs that are on there would be too much that close to the plants in the center. This is where a light meter would be really nice, finding that sweet spot would be soo much easier. Don’t mind adding tools to the collection, but that’s going to be an expensive one to spring for, need to save a little before adding that one lol

good stuff bro. As far as flip time, use your spidey senses, lol.. Have to envision it really. Figure to keeping them all under till like day 10 of flower im guessing?
I’m thinking having the plants just coming thru the nets a little and when they’re just big enough I need to start weaving them, thatd be the time to flip. Going to be in hydro soo things are going to go quick.

I’m thinking having the plants just coming thru the nets a little and when they’re just big enough I need to start weaving them, thatd be the time to flip. Going to be in hydro soo things are going to go quick.
I just read the height of the the max yield impressive.

Couple days under the Max Yield now and starting to see a difference in bud growth, they’re starting to dense up where as last week they were still fluffy. I’m hoping these plants only need another 3 weeks at most as I want to move the other plants into the flower room and switch them over. The Grand Daddy Purple is starting to get a nice hue to her leaves now getting a few cooler nights finally! Never actually been able to pull true purple out of a strain it’s supposed to come from, those are the strains I chase after are the ones with unique colors yet still give a good kick.

208CE929-8A3E-4E0A-BB6A-3D3E2F318214.jpeg

1DDAEA02-D85E-459B-AC08-6701DFDB617C.jpeg

DE71AF60-78EE-48BE-BE43-4C5F53D5A075.jpeg

Forgot to mention, I now have the light 24” from the plants and soo far no signs of light stress.
I had to raise the light this morning, girls were almost 10”s into the light . The other thing me not raising the light in the stretch maybe the uptake slowing down. What you think ?

dont weave them bro, just get them under the net. weaving restrict them. As long as your net is tight, it shouldnt be a problem.

Forgot to mention, I now have the light 24” from the plants and soo far no signs of light stress.
keep it there bro, till week 6, then 4 inches per week drop it down.

keep it there bro, till week 6, then 4 inches per week drop it down.
I’m pretty sure 24” is as low as you want it, especially to get the 5’x5’ coverage, I’d have to have Neil from @Perfect Sun LED confirm that, but I feel this is probably as low as I’m going to want this light to the plants. It is fairly powerful for the area it lights, working in the room for a period of time gives me a headache even working with my hood covering me as much as I can. I’m going to need to purchase grow sunglasses of some sort, never “needed” them before, but I will probably need them for long term use.

I’m pretty sure 24” is as low as you want it, especially to get the 5’x5’ coverage, I’d have to have Neil from @Perfect Sun LED confirm that, but I feel this is probably as low as I’m going to want this light to the plants. It is fairly powerful for the area it lights, working in the room for a period of time gives me a headache even working with my hood covering me as much as I can. I’m going to need to purchase grow sunglasses of some sort, never “needed” them before, but I will probably need them for long term use.
yeah bro, you know what, i forgot about the whole space footprint thing, lol.. Your right brother. hey, maybe if you can move it half way thru the day, lol.. regardless tho, that light is powerfull as heck, so really even at 30 inches wont be a bad thing.

yeah bro, you know what, i forgot about the whole space footprint thing, lol.. Your right brother. hey, maybe if you can move it half way thru the day, lol.. regardless tho, that light is powerfull as heck, so really even at 30 inches wont be a bad thing.
I’ve thought about light movers in the past. Just something else to add to maintain lol

Back
Top Bottom