Perfect Sun LED: Max Yield Sponsored Light Review!

lookin great Bro, i know your trellising them, but more of a "holding trellis" and not a traditional scrogg?

lookin great Bro, i know your trellising them, but more of a "holding trellis" and not a traditional scrogg?
Thanks brotha, and I’m not entirely sure yet, kinda playing it by feel once I get them into the room and open them up, the last couple times I tried a trellis I hated it but I also had it cover the entire room leaving nowhere to stand and work, going a different route this time soo I don’t despise it hopefully lol

right on bro. I would scrogg them, they look like they will lay out nicely, and seeing we're not sure of the light, those colas might be towering, lol.. Id scrog till like day 10 of flower, then let them run,

jmo

right on bro. I would scrogg them, they look like they will lay out nicely, and seeing we're not sure of the light, those colas might be towering, lol.. Id scrog till like day 10 of flower, then let them run,

jmo
That was along the lines of what I was thinking, once I’m done chopping the others, I’ll get the room cleaned up before bringing the big girls in, I’ll give them a week to become acclimated to the Max Yield from @Perfect Sun LED while setting up the trellis then I’ll flip them to flower and let the fun begin! I intend on breaking open the other 6 pack of seeds from the sponsored grow once these plants are in flower, and those will be the next plants to get flowered under the Max and will also be a search for a better mum. Although I’m looking for a new strain that’s going to give me the highest yield with minimal work, and have good mildew resistance, anyone have any input/recommendations there?

Finally!! An empty room shot with the Max Yield! Today I’ll be working on cleaning the room thoroughly and moving the ladies into their new bedroom, the first week I’ll be treating them for a little powdery mildew due to how cramped up they got in the closet with no airflow, not a lot but it needs to be dealt with now before it’s an issue.. Story of my life; it’s always something lol.

BF85B173-7297-4A9F-A74F-7AA525105900.jpeg

the light/pic is de-sieving, good luck on the PM
It definitely is, it is a good size light and takes up plenty of room, I have decided that I’m going to tear the room down tonight, clean the walls behind the room, shorten the room to 4.5x4.5’ and put up new panda film. As far as the PM, I came up with a mixture of mouthwash and dish soap that works very well, remove any visible infected areas and spray the whole plant down afterwards and after 2-3 treatments usually it’s completely gone! Thankfully havent started flower yet soo itll be easier to treat than a full plant. They’ll be perfectly healthy in a week tops

For Sure Bro, my biggest fear is PM, Id go nuts and chop it all down , lol.. I actually did that exact thing in day 5 of flower, because I had 70% and couldnt get it down, so said, F it, chopped it all out in rage. I knew that time of the year, it would of been 90% for months, had no way to control it, ( i do know )
My FireOG/Chemdog cross i created

For Sure Bro, my biggest fear is PM, Id go nuts and chop it all down , lol.. I actually did that exact thing in day 5 of flower, because I had 70% and couldnt get it down, so said, F it, chopped it all out in rage. I knew that time of the year, it would of been 90% for months, had no way to control it, ( i do know )
My FireOG/Chemdog cross i created
I know that pain all too well brotha..

To everyone that hasn’t seen the heart of the room yet, we’re getting down to the bare bones and about ready to shorten a couple walls to make the room inside 4.5’x4.5’ square, this will give the Max Yield optimal space to project its powerful light, and will make it more manageable for me as well, I’ll be moving a couple outlets to make them more accessible when the room is full, I should have thought to put one close to the door not on the opposite wall :lot-o-toke: ohh well, gives me something to do in my “free time”:rofl: I’ll post a rehabbed picture before panda goes back up!

2155098F-82FB-494D-9D6F-08903AC12548.jpeg

My apologies on the post delay, this past week I have had some sort of bug and have not been feeling the greatest, feel like I’ve been run over by a truck to be honest.. However, I managed to get the room torn down, shortened and everything cleaned really well before reassembly, the room has new plastic up and is pretty much ready for the plants, at first I wasn’t sure how I feel about making the room smaller but as you can see, the light is distributed very evenly in a square environment and I feel I made the right decision. Cheers!

75D5C658-AB2B-4CBF-9B0E-86BB84ED4A65.jpeg

Looks good bro, hope you get to feelin better.. 3 cloves of fresh garlic, slice and dice it up, wait 10 minutes, then down with water, should do every day, forever to be honest. but that will get you feelin better.

Soo this has been an overdue moment however an awesome feeling one, the ladies got a trim a night or 2 ago and tonight they finally found their way into their new bedroom, soo far all mildew I have found has been trimmed off and the plants have been treated with my own treatment I came up with. I will treat again tomorrow and then again a couple days after that, I will inspect in a week but I expect to see no mildew from this point forward and just healthy plants that are going to fill this room right out under the Max Yield. I still need to finish putting the air ducts going back into the room but need to buy some new ones first, don’t want that dusty crap cycling into a new room. Once the air ducts are back in, the trellis nets going up and flipping to 12/12, I’m expecting a pretty full room by chop time, I’m pretty excited to see what this bad boy from @Perfect Sun LED is going to do with these 2 plants!

9FBDE590-43B9-4318-AE49-B2845A7D3D0D.jpeg

This was yesterday after the plants have had a couple days to become adjusted to the light, the plant on the right ended up going completely dry before it came into the room, I’m not overly optimistic about how it’s going to turn around but to be completely honest I don’t have a whole lot of issue with having to chop it from the room if I need to as the plant on the right seems to be taking right off and is going to be a monster if I don’t flip to flower within the next week. Since these photos I have turned all the switches on to give the light max power, whereas when moving the plants in I only had the Veg switch and one full spectrum switch on. The left plant has perked up even more since doing soo but the right one looks mehhh. She lives to die another day. :lot-o-toke:

44072BC9-CBAA-4D1E-8110-8B0966DDC4CA.jpeg

8AC55637-7CCD-4043-8D9B-628C5A4D7961.jpeg

I bet they’ll both be after that light . The one on the left does look ahead . Put the big one dead center of the light . You’ll have yo-yos everywhere!

T
I bet they’ll both be after that light . The one on the left does look ahead . Put the big one dead center of the light . You’ll have yo-yos everywhere!
he one on the left for sure is loving the light, especially since going full power she’s praying to the light gods, the one on the right isn’t as happy but she’s coming around slowly, I may demote her back to the closet and allow the single one on the right to dominate the room, I’m still undecided as far as that goes

It happened guys and gals, the one on the right I just said screw it and cut down, the other gal got moved to the center of the room and is loving the light! It’s filling out very nicely and is very cal-mag hungry under the max yield, it’s still coming around from a previous defiency but after another heavy dose or 2 she should fully normal again. Trellis net is going on this weekend and light is getting flipped to 12/12 now that she’s adjusted to full power, and honestly, is much closer to the light than recommended but she’s not showing any signs of stress from it but rather drinking the water even faster. Going to be one huge lady!!

CFB115B5-9BAA-4EB3-A80F-1ECD810BA476.jpeg

What a difference a couple days can do, check out what this lady decided to do, she shot right up and is perking up very nicely, this weekend is flip time, she’ll be opened up and I’m excited to see how this single plant is going to fill out this 4.5’x4.5’ room!

E8E1EC89-DF3B-476F-B98C-0813843A8118.jpeg

Soo upon checking on the lady today, she’s still looking plenty happy and getting ready for a top off on nutrients, I need to dust off my Hanna meter and figure out where I’m at in the resivoir, with soil it doesn’t care as much about me just eyeballing everything as I mix for watering but hydro is definitely more finicky. I do know that I need to add even more cal-mag than I already am which is crazy but an awesome sign the plant is going to be huge when I get ready to chop. I’m used to needing more cal-mag than usual from the cob light I had put together a while back but this light is making the plant soak it right up, I’m loving it just as much as the plant! And a lovely update about the PM, it has been over a couple weeks since the plant was last treated and there’s not a speck of it anywhere!

Check out big momma now! Gave her a really heavy dose of cal-mag when feeding a couple days ago, in 2 days she has drank roughly 2 gallons of water and I only flipped the light timer yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how she flowers out, going to be a heavy girl for sure!

8D11C3C4-482F-4F78-A36A-7F3522E64E32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom