The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

I'm going for it today. Four capsules, right off.

image14283.jpeg
you dont muck around !

Surprise Deliveries

Don't you just love things that show up unannounced? A while back I made contact with the CBD Crew and we struck up a conversation that resulted in their wanting to send me a selection of collectible seeds. They showed up today.

image14286.jpeg

image14287.jpeg

I may have to run two plants in that 2x2. :laughtwo: Just kidding. I need to reign back at five plants total and limit it to one in the 2x2 at a time.

Surprise Deliveries

Don't you just love things that show up unannounced? A while back I made contact with the CBD Crew and we struck up a conversation that resulted in their wanting to send me a selection of collectible seeds. They showed up today.

image14286.jpeg

image14287.jpeg

I may have to run two plants in that 2x2. :laughtwo: Just kidding. I need to reign back at five plants total and limit it to one in the 2x2 at a time.
hahahaha............

see!

its tetris time!

i bet the first thing you thought was "where can i fit them"LOL

you are an official canna tetris aholic sweety !

Daily Update: Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Good morning everyone. :love:

I woke up this morning to the realization that in all the chaos of breaking down and starting up again I neglected to reset the HB kit soil. That's where my day started. I mixed in EWC, some leaf material and more water. Close it up and give it a month before planting. That actually plays into my perpetual timeline. By then everything else will be coming along nicely.

image14284.jpeg

The Blow Mind Auto sprouted a monster tap root overnight. I think I need to start checking them earlier than 24 hours or simply plant them directly in the medium and skip the paper towel. Not sure about that though. Let's see how this one goes.

image14289.jpeg

This was the first one I used B A R's second step with. I pulled out a Rockwool cube, soaked it in distilled water for an hour, squeezed the excess water out and gently worked the little fella into that opening without breaking anything. This one may have gotten away from me, so if it doesn't take quickly I'll start another seed.

image14288.jpeg

I dropped it in next to the DDA. B A R recommends 18/6 under CFLs. This one gets 20/4 like everyone else, under the Timber Vero 240. I'm still considering her own CFL, and I may do that in a few minutes. I'm tired of lankey seedlings.

image14290.jpeg

Done.

image14294.jpeg

Initially, I didn't have the duct tape around it. When I set it out, I swear, B A R's presence stepped in behind me and said "You forgot something Sue." I stopped and looked and it hit me why he does that. It turns the Rockwool into a little germination pot with solid sides. This may be part of his success. I corrected the oversight. B A R smiled. I felt it. :laughtwo:

image14291.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 15)

image37147.jpg

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 17)

image14292.jpeg

The tiny closet, right before I moved the Blow Mind Auto into its own germination spot.

image14293.jpeg

That's it for me today guys. Time for a run of Callanetics. Those four capsules I took earlier were a bit too edgy. Lesson learned. Take two or three and wait an hour to supplement. It hits the system in a gentler manner and still hangs for hours. The Callanetics will take the edge off. I'm missing brownies. :laughtwo: I haven't had any for a day or so while I test the capsules. That smokeathon wore me out. Haha!

Time to get out there and spread that overflow of joy we get from our gardening obsession around our communities. Have a wonderful day doing just that. I'll do my best on my end. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

:Namaste:

hahahaha............

see!

its tetris time!

i bet the first thing you thought was "where can i fit them"LOL

you are an official canna tetris aholic sweety !

:rofl: You called it. First thought was "Well, I'll have to make room in that photo tent." Hahaha!

Sue, you may have done this, but since you didn't mention it I wanted to point it out...

When using Rockwool, it's a good idea to soak in PH adjusted water...The Rockwool has a very high starting PH that should be adjusted down before adding your seed. You don't need to PH adjust the Rapid Rooter or Sure to Grow cubes (in advance), though.

Sue, you may have done this, but since you didn't mention it I wanted to point it out...

When using Rockwool, it's a good idea to soak in PH adjusted water...The Rockwool has a very high starting PH that should be adjusted down before adding your seed. You don't need to PH adjust the Rapid Rooter or Sure to Grow cubes (in advance), though.

Thank you Mr. Krip. The idea of needing to be aware of PH at all is going to be my downfall, I fear. My brain's trained to never go there. Part of why I'm attempting this. It's important to step outside the comfort zone sometimes to come to a better understanding. I soaked it in RO water, which I'm hoping will be ok. My PH tools and supplies won't be here for a few more days.

Hi Sue.
I usually soak my rockwool cubes for at least an hour as well. I use ph neutral RO water. Like mr. Krip said
Then I shake the excess water out without squeezing. And let it drain for another hour to see how much water it retains. I try not to squeeze them.

Thanks keltic. I'll remember that for the next time. This time we at least got a seedling to make an appearance.

Please welcome Blow Mind Auto by Sweet Seeds.

image14301.jpeg

heya sue,, cheers to ya,, and,, very kind comment, thank you,,

i am brand new to rockwool,, got my first cubes just the other day,, four clones in em right now,, just a note,, funny,, the instructions on my cubes mention specifically to not squeeze or even shake the water out ,, for clones anyway,, just thought it interesting that they mentioned it so specifically,,i need to find a cloning solution, bad

a q iffin i might,, i might not have mentioned, anywhere, cept to me wife,, i have started consuming most of my mj, rather than smoking,, i simply decarb the bud and chew it,,

i had never experienced a 'body stone' in my life until i started this,, i read about it and the skeptic in me near convinced me that there was no such thing,, till recently. the buzz from this is , better, longer, groovier and other iers i cant think of now,, wow,,

a simple ninety mins in the oven and ,, that's it,,,,, that's it.. i really don't know why this is not the norm,, it is so superior,, no bad taste, like raw bud, no smoke, no cough, no sugar, no other cookie ingredients,, no problem,, no idea why this is not 'the' way to consume cannabis

oh ya,, my q,, i noticed you wrote somewhere that you decarb your bud at 240 or maybe more,, now,, everything i have read about this stresses the point that lower and slower is the way to go,, as in 220 or less for 90 mins or more,, i read one catch thing,, 110 for 110,, as in 230 for 110 mins,, even that is a bit high temp as far as most of my other research goes,, i keep reading that lower for longer is better,,

curious if you know otherwise

cheers sue,, :thanks:

Look at your city water report. My area is PH adjusted to 8.0 by city to "be gentle" on existing piping. It should give you an idea of what you have and it's online and free. It's tough on early plants with no nutes or just compost tea I'm at 7.5. Which will wrinkle and stunt cutting or seedlings. PH down will add ppm to your feed or water. My ppm was 546 @7.5 , ph down to 6.6 ppm was 670. Or ec, TDS pen is what I use for measuring my solution. You'll be fine once you get a handle on your tap or RO.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

heya sue,, cheers to ya,, and,, very kind comment, thank you,,

i am brand new to rockwool,, got my first cubes just the other day,, four clones in em right now,, just a note,, funny,, the instructions on my cubes mention specifically to not squeeze or even shake the water out ,, for clones anyway,, just thought it interesting that they mentioned it so specifically,,i need to find a cloning solution, bad

a q iffin i might,, i might not have mentioned, anywhere, cept to me wife,, i have started consuming most of my mj, rather than smoking,, i simply decarb the bud and chew it,,

i had never experienced a 'body stone' in my life until i started this,, i read about it and the skeptic in me near convinced me that there was no such thing,, till recently. the buzz from this is , better, longer, groovier and other iers i cant think of now,, wow,,

a simple ninety mins in the oven and ,, that's it,,,,, that's it.. i really don't know why this is not the norm,, it is so superior,, no bad taste, like raw bud, no smoke, no cough, no sugar, no other cookie ingredients,, no problem,, no idea why this is not 'the' way to consume cannabis

oh ya,, my q,, i noticed you wrote somewhere that you decarb your bud at 240 or maybe more,, now,, everything i have read about this stresses the point that lower and slower is the way to go,, as in 220 or less for 90 mins or more,, i read one catch thing,, 110 for 110,, as in 230 for 110 mins,, even that is a bit high temp as far as most of my other research goes,, i keep reading that lower for longer is better,,

curious if you know otherwise

cheers sue,, :thanks:

That is correct! Lower & slower are better, although, I still do 240*F for 60 mins. The reason is that, although THC & CBD don't vaporize until about 350*F, there are many other cannabinoids & terpines that can vaporize at lower temps. At 240*F, you keep most of the goodies, still. I had a list of all of the cannabinoids and the temps at which they vaporize. I'll see if I can find it and post it. :Namaste:

Here it is:

CANNABINOID TEMPERATURE GUIDE

The range of temperature in which all cannabinoids evaporate lies between 218 – 410 °F. As all cannabinoids have different boiling points, vaporizing the same bowl of herb at different temperatures will generate different results. In general, there‘s two main effects which we will call the “buzz high” and the “body high”. As mentioned above, lower temperatures will have more of a heady effect, whilst higher temperatures will have a more body load effect.

Note: Although some of the following cannabinoids require temperatures above 370 degrees fahrenheit to evaporate, setting a vaporizer to that temperature runs the risk of causing combustion, which should be avoided.

THC – 314 °F.
The most famous cannabinoid. It has both euphoric and analgesic effects, inducing a great sense of relaxation.

CBD – 320 – 355 °F.
The cannabinoid most sought after by medical users for its vast array of medicinal applications. It partly counters the effects of THC, effectively countering feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

Delta-8-THC – 347 – 352 °F.
This cannabinoid is very similar to THC, but it is more stable and less psychoactive. It has great anti-vomiting properties.

CBN – 365 °F.
CBN is often found in quite small amounts, however, its effects can still be felt. It breaks down THC and is highly associated with a sedative effect.

CBC – 428 °F.
This cannabinoid has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.

THCV – 428 °F.
THCV has been shown to moderate the psychoactive effects of THC, but more research is required.

Combustion: Dry weed can begin to combust at around 425 °F. The maximum heat weed can take before starting to burn is around 446 °F., depending on how humid it is.
FLAVONOIDS

Along with terpenoids, flavonoids are little known compared to the famed cannabinoids. Flavonoids are a large class of plant pigments that are sometimes referred to as Vitamin P. Terpenoids and Flavonoids are partly responsible for the looks, taste and smell of a particular strain. They are the reason we open the zip lock before we buy, because their smell reveals a lot about the character of the plant.

They are also thought to have secondary health benefits. The following outlines both the effects and the temperatures at which the flavonoids vaporize at.

Beta-sitosterol – 273 °F.
This flavonoid is thought to have anti-inflammatory qualities.

Apigenin – 352 °F.
Apigenin is thought to be estrogenic, anxiolytic and have anti-inflammatory properties.

Cannflavin A – 360°F.
This flavonoid is a COX inhibitor.

Quercetin – 480 °F.
Quercetin is an antioxidant and anti-viral flavonoid. It boils at , well out of the cannabis vaporization temperatures. But can be helpful with Lipoid Extracts
TERPENES

Terpenoids are structurally related to terpenes and are naturally occurring in a wide range of plants. In part, they contribute to what what gives plants their unique aromatic quality. The scent of cinnamon, cloves and menthol are examples of well known terpenoids. In fact, the strongest known naturally occurring psychedelic compound – Salvinorin A – is a terpenoid.

The following descriptions outline both the effects and boiling points of terpenoids.

Beta-caryophyllene – 390°F.
Thought to be anti-inflammatory and anti-malarial.

Alpha-terpineol- 313 °F.
This terpenoid is an antioxidant, sedative, antibiotic and anti-malarial.

Beta-myrcene – 330 °F.
This is analgesic, an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory.

Delta-3-carene – 334 °F.
This terpenoid has anti-inflammatory properties.

1,8-cineole – 349 °F.
1,8-cineole increase cerebral blood flow, acts as a stimulant, and is anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic.

D-limonene – 350 °F.
Perhaps surprisingly D-limonene appears naturally in cannabis. It has anti-mutagenic, antidepressant and immune system potentiating properties.

P-cymene – 350 °F.
P-cymene is an antibiotic and an anticandidal agent.

Linalool – 388 °F.
This is an antidepressant, sedative and immune system potentiator.

Terpineol-4-ol – 408 °F.
This is an antibiotic and an AChE inhibitor.

Borneol – 410 °F.
Borneol is an antibiotic.

Alpha-terpineol – 422 °F
This terpenoid is a sedative, antibiotic, antioxidant and AChE inhibitor.

Pulegone – 435 °F.
Pulegone is a sedative and potentially has memory boosting properties.
WHAT ARE TOXINS?

Very simply put, toxins are chemicals that can be harmful to our body. The advantage of vaporizers lies in their unique ability to extract the active ingredients of cannabis, but without the toxins of combustions, such as tar and carbon monoxide.

Vapor can still contain trace amounts of toxins. But compared to the over 100 different PAHs found in smoke, the one single PAH discovered in vapour is obviously a massive reduction. On the other hand, toxins that come from pesticides, herbicides and other chemical agents will also concentrate in vapour – that‘s why choosing organic cannabis is always smart.

The following is small selection of some of the toxins that are released through combustion.

Carbon monoxide and tar
Released by combustion in the form of smoke. They are carcinogenic and can cause lung related problems.

Toluene
This is not thought to be a very serious toxin, and only appears in small amounts. It can cause light-headedness, nausea, sleepiness and a loss of appetite. Its boiling point is 230 °F, so there is no avoiding it.

Benzene
Benzene is a carcinogen and has a boiling point of 392 °C.

Naphthalene
This toxin is possibly a carcinogen and causes light-headedness, nausea, loss of appetite and pale skin. Its boiling point is 424 °F.
CANNABIS MOISTURE AND VAPORIZER TEMPERATURE

Unlike when you use a bong or smoke a joint, bone dry cannabis can still be a delight in a vaporizer. However, because it is so dry, it will vaporize much faster – if it is too hot you run the risk of flash boiling the active ingredients, eliminating taste and flavour. As it is largely going to depend on the situation and strain you are using, there is no definitive guide to how to properly vaporize particularly dry weed; but as a rule of thumb you will want to reduce the temperature from your norm, going lower the drier it is.

Conversely, if your bud is fresh, then it may be very high in moisture. As a result, it can sometimes be hard to get cannabinoids out. To deal with this, it is recommended to do what‘s called a flavonoid run. By putting the vaporizer at a lower temperature (around 280 – 300 °F.), it is possible to gain a bunch of flavonoid vapour whilst slowly drying out your cannabis a bit. After this run, your cannabis should be dry enough to vaporize efficiently at THC and other cannabinoid temperatures.

You must spread some
Reputation around before giving
it to Mr. Krip again.

nivek, Mr. Krip answered that much better than I would have. Aren't we glad to have him among our numbers again? I'm playing around with a coconut oil extraction as we speak that starts with undecarbed buds and coconut oil and bakes it at my oven's lowest temp for 24-36 hours, so I'm essentially doing what you're talking about. Low temp for extended periods to get there.

I don't know if you recall that Dale and I used to eat baked buds back before he died. It was the easiest way to get him high in stealthy mode when I was spending all my time at the nursing home and had no time to cook. Baked buds prepared themselves while I showered and dressed to run back. They were also easy to leave with him for nights.

When I started doing that I was only cooking them at 240 for 30 minutes. One day I forgot to set the alarm and they baked for 90 minutes and were significantly more effective than the others. B A R tested it out too, because he was curious about my results. His were the same. It never became a regular thing for me because I started to make the brownies, which kick ass. Now I'm wondering if I cook the oil mix longer, will that make them more potent?

Thanks for reminding me of that nivek. :hug:

millertm, I appreciate the support and the confidence you express. I'm going to do my best. I've been checking out some hempy threads and I'm impressed. This looks to be fun, once I get the angst of new methods behind me. I'm already learning a lot, and one of the things I keep hearing is how easy hempy buckets are to run.

Mr. Krip, you're gonna wear out my Hammer 'O Rep. :laughtwo: Thanks for adding to the educational value of my joyful journal. If I'm smart I'll make note of this on the flow sheet and finally start compiling a reference thread for this lengthy journal. There's so much information in here, it'd be nice to have the more important things catalogued somewhere. It's a dream I start out each journal with. Then I get distracted. :laughtwo:

learning a lot in this Grow. thanks for putting out all the info you learned along the way and also thanks for stopping by my thread

You're welcome CatnipTC, although I've been absent there more than present, I fear. I'll swing by after this next post. Thank you for the compliment. I'm an educator by training and inclination, so I do my best. I'm glad you found it valuable. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

pain creme

In my wanderings today I found myself at an old thread on pain creme that intrigued me. A pain creme, made with a mere 2 grams of bud capable of healing diabetic ulcers. I had to try. It may be useful for psoriasis. The thread can be found here:

Pain creme. Using only2 grams. Used many times

He makes some serious claims about what he's seen this creme heal. Well worth chasing down and reading.

The recipe's as basic as it gets; make a coconut oil extraction and add it to a simple beeswax creme base. I can do this.

Oil extraction

2 grams of bud, chopped fine, not powdery.

image14305.jpeg

Turn the oven on the lowest setting.

image14306.jpeg

Remove all but one rack. Place that about 3/4 of the way down.

image14307.jpeg

Combine the 2 grams of prepared buds and 8 tablespoons of coconut oil. As you can see, it's hot enough in my apartment that the oil's liquid. If the oil was solid I could use 4 heaping tablespoons instead of the 8. Liquid form's easier to get a measured dose IMHO. Use a glass jar that can be placed in the oven at your lowest setting.

image14308.jpeg

Close it up and shake vigorously.

image14309.jpeg

Place it on a glass baking dish in the middle of the oven rack. Every hour, initially, give it a shake. After a few times you can back off the every hour to whenever it crosses your mind and it's convienient. Leave it in there for 24-36 hours.

image14310.jpeg

Every hour that I'm up I'll give it a shake. I'm going for the 36-hr mark, shooting for potent. Then I'll strain and make the creme.

i love you and i love this thread sue , im learning again ,damn it i feel like im back in high school

Life's one big science experiment photos. You have that new son to experiment with. :circle-of-love:

Mmmmm....... There's a bakery right across the alley from my building. The window I sit next to opens up to that alley. At 2 AM he starts baking doughnuts. This is cruel! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom