The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

hows it with 3 caps now sweety ? buzzzzzzzing !?

It's a really nice buzz photo. It's not as racy as my recreational buzz, and I'm going to try for that now. It's 5 PM, which means it's been 5 1/2 hours since my last capsule and I can feel it beginning to fade. I'm going to take three at once right now.

image14268.jpeg

Now I'll wait about an hour or so and see if another is called for.

This is fun. :laughtwo: I love an experiment.

I'm taking a short break and stretched out in the bed. Suddenly it occurred to me that I could move this armoire to another wall, the one next to the closet as a matter of fact, and drop a 2x2 tent into this space that would be very easy to camouflage. All I'd need is a curtain rod and a curtain. I have both of those on hand.

image14269.jpeg

I need to grow at least one photo in kit soil. I'm hankering to grow a Carnival. :laughtwo: I wonder if one would work with the scrog frame I won?

image14270.jpeg

On second thought, right here where the big tent sat last year is an even better location. Yep, I'm gonna do it this week and start a Carnival. I figured out the discordant tone inside me is because I need to grow another Carnival.

I feel better already. :battingeyelashes:

Daily Update: Monday, July 4, 2016

I thought I'd already posted this. I know I started it somewhere, so if it turns up in another thread, please let me know. :laughtwo:

I hope your celebrations are going well. We had gentle but steady rain move in, a real problem for fireworks. :straightface: It may move out before the shows are scheduled to begin, but it has a feel of an overnight drench. I must admit, the sound of gentle rain isa real tonic for the soul. Very relaxing in my cozy little nest today.

Let's see how my charges are doing.

image14260.jpeg

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 16)

image14261.jpeg

Some good growth coming in.

image598.png

A few times a day I stop by and gently coax her open for better light penetration.

image14262.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 14)

image14263.jpeg

image14264.jpeg

This one's not ready for her topping arteekay. My DDAs always lag behind yours. It must be the nutrients. I'll keep an eye on her for that opportune moment.

image599.png

The Blow Mind Auto seed went into darkness for the next 24 hours and then it's into a Rockwool cube. This one goes into my first hempy pot.

image14265.jpeg

image14267.jpeg

Tead and I were discussing germination. He's getting best results in his hempy grow planting directly into perlite. He's in New Orleans, with crazy heat and humidity. I live along the banks of a major river, so I also get high humidity, although my ambient temps aren't as severe. We're wondering if the perlite approach would work for me. I'm not willing to risk an expensive seed on that experiment, but I was willing to drop a bag seed for the sake of pseudo-science.

image14238.jpeg

Thanks for stopping to check up on us. Fill the rest of the day with an abundance of joyful expression. Fireworks make that easy, eh? I'm like a small child with fireworks. Every one I chortle and clap my hands. :laughtwo:

Have fun out there people, but be safe too. We want all of you back tomorrow uninjured, deal? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

It's been 2 1/2 hours since the capsules. I just took another one. Right now I feel what I call "normal." This is my functional level, just a little edgy, mind clear and actively engaged, positive outlook.

I'm looking for racy for the evening. I'm interested in how many it takes to get there. This one makes four. Back in an hour to report.

I have achieved racy! :woohoo: Tomorrow I try four at once.

A few times a day I stop by and gently coax her open for better light penetration.

I try to rotate that pair of fan leaves by about 45 degrees as well, setting up the two new tops to come in between the other two soon-to-be-branches below on each side, the bottom-most which is likely being shaded by these leaves.

This one's not ready for her topping arteekay. My DDAs always lag behind yours. It must be the nutrients. I'll keep an eye on her for that opportune moment.

Agreed, she's not ready. We don't give nutes until around day 21, but our sunshine mix supposedly has an small initial charge. I think I remember PeeJay telling Smokeater way back at the start of his journal that burying the sprout's stem would slow her down for a few days, so that might be it as well with this one.

Can't remember what your light schedule is either. We're 20/4 for the last two or three months i think.

I try to rotate that pair of fan leaves by about 45 degrees as well, setting up the two new tops to come in between the other two soon-to-be-branches below on each side, the bottom-most which is likely being shaded by these leaves.

Thanks for that pointer. I went over and did just that. :battingeyelashes:

arteekay said:
Agreed, she's not ready. We don't give nutes until around day 21, but our sunshine mix supposedly has an small initial charge. I think I remember PeeJay telling Smokeater way back at the start of his journal that burying the sprout's stem would slow her down for a few days, so that might be it as well with this one.

Can't remember what your light schedule is either. We're 20/4 for the last two or three months i think.

It may be from burying the stem. I'd forgotten about that.

Damn!!!! It suddenly got rediculously humid here! I'm covered with sweat in the last five minutes!

Sorry, got distracted. :battingeyelashes: I run 20/4 from seed to harvest with autos.

Update on the THC capsules: Definitely got racey, and then I got motivated.

All ready to set up.

image14272.jpeg

See? Doesn't that feel better already? :laughtwo: Wasn't I just saying how relaxing it was with only two plants? Yeah, what was I thinking? Lol!

Time for one more capsule to finish out the smokeathon celebration. :slide:

Its chilly and wet here, but I can sit in my doorway and watch the festivities down the valley. One of the finer points of this apartment location. Gosh, I love fireworks. :laughtwo: :yahoo:

CBD capsule update:

I keep meaning to let you know about the CBD capsules. I won't know how they're affecting my walking club buddy until Wednesday. My daughter tells me she hasn't had to use the vaporizer for breakthrough, excepting when she leaves the apartment to go out. This means the CBD Critical Cure is a good match to her. Next batch I do for her I'll try the CBD Critical Mass. It should be a similar ratio. Both of these strains are at least balanced, at most a 2:1 CBD:THC. I'd expect similar results.

As for myself, the excruciating pain in my upper back is a thing of the past. From the third day in taking the CBD capsules the pain hasn't bothered me. I can feel it's still tight, and I can notice there's pain, but it doesn't register the same way at all. I'm taking three a day, one every eight hours, and that seems to be working well. I hesitate to drop one off just to see. That pain was so bad just days ago that I was considering seeking professional help.

Ooooo....... Lots and lots of fireworks. :laughtwo: Must have been a municipality starting up. We have a series of small river towns running through the valley and that's definitely a municipal show. What a great view. :battingeyelashes:

The other thing I've noticed is the CBD capsules improve my mood. From morose to upbeat in a matter of minutes.

Cool, another municipality show. Bigger and better than backyard displays. This is downright magical. :yahoo:

Forgive the distraction. I'd rate the CBD Critical Cure effective in treating chronic pain and inflammation, depression, PTSD, and anxiety. Quite a workhorse.

The fireworks are winding down. That was much better than last year when I couldn't even bring myself to watch. It's been a good year. I'm a blessed woman and I know it. Let me enjoy this grand finale playing out in front of me.

Later. :ciao:

Hi Sue!

Good to hear the capsules are helping with your back pain and mood! Also good to hear you may be starting another Carnival.

Have a good night.

Thank you ween. You have a good night yourself. :battingeyelashes:

Sue: How does the Critical Cure smell while growing? I kinda got spoiled with Bubblelicious having only a subtle sweet scent. I haven't had to use my odor bucket at all.

I usually make cannabudder capsules, as I'm no good about making oil. Am wary about taking any cannibus during the day, as I need to be alert. Any advice? I suffer from arthritis and can hardly walk. The OTC nsaids give me occasional nosebleeds, and I want to grow the right strain for pain without stinking up my place. :winkyface:

Sue: How does the Critical Cure smell while growing? I kinda got spoiled with Bubblelicious having only a subtle sweet scent. I haven't had to use my odor bucket at all.

I usually make cannabudder capsules, as I'm no good about making oil. Am wary about taking any cannibus during the day, as I need to be alert. Any advice? I suffer from arthritis and can hardly walk. The OTC nsaids give me occasional nosebleeds, and I want to grow the right strain for pain without stinking up my place. :winkyface:

I'd recommend a CBD strain at at least a 1:1 ratio. The Critical Cure may be a good match for you. It can reach 2:1 ratio under good conditions, but at a 1:1 it's been very effective for inflammation and chronic pain. Mine had very little strong smell. The Critical Mass had twice the odor of the Critical Cure, although it's the one that drew me, and I kept that oil for my own use.

I grow scallions in with my LOS no-tills to keep the odor down. You might want to consider that. It's much more effective than you'd think it would be. I grow those in an open closet, and the smells never been overpowering since I started using the onions. The onions also work in synergy with the cannabis and the myco. They're a win-win-win.

You're the second person in a week to mention cannabutter capsules. Are you simply making butter and filling capsules? If so, how potent are they? Also, are you using liquid sunflower lecithin when making the capsules? That enhances bioavailibility by speeding absorbtion. Those brownies I make with olive oil and lecithin hit my system within 5 minutes and hang for up to five hours. That's mostly because of the lecithin, to my understanding.

I'm going to have to try the cannabutter capsules for the experience. Another arrow in my quiver.

I make the cannabudder, and sometimes remember to put lecithin in it. I know I must get some kind of head buzz from it, cause when I take 3 capsules a couple hours before bedtime, I start getting slightly dizzy around 11 pm or so. And I sleep very soundly!

The capsules I have are made from OGK (sativa-heavy) leaves, with a few larfy buds tossed in. I have not made any cannabudder with the BBL yet.

Sometimes the cannabudder made from real butter upset my stomach, so next batch will be made with coconut oil. I prefer to use a fat that is solid at room temp, but I do store them in the freezer to keep them fresh.

The particular hybrid of BBL I am growing (From Nirvana Seeds) is high in CBN. The smokers in the family like it, so I must break down and cook up some budder from the TONS of leaf material I've gotten from these babies!

How much lecithin do you use in a batch of 1LB of butter? I have the powdered lecithin.

The particular hybrid of BBL I am growing (From Nirvana Seeds) is high in CBN. The smokers in the family like it, so I must break down and cook up some budder from the TONS of leaf material I've gotten from these babies!

How much lecithin do you use in a batch of 1LB of butter? I have the powdered lecithin.

The powdered won't do what the liquid will. Powdered lacks a valuable component that gets destroyed in the drying process. The powdered will enhance absorbtion, just not to the degree the liquid will. It's the liquid that makes it hit fast and strong. My MMB2 book says 1 TBS/15 mL lecithin per two pounds of butter. I use a tablespoon for anything up to a cup, which means my smaller batches are probably stronger, since they have a much higher ratio of lecithin. Hmmmm....... Hadn't considered that. I bet that's significant.

See? This is why I'm a night owl. All the best conversations start after midnight. :laughtwo:

A little information from the Study Hall about liquid vs powdered lecithin.

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components.

I figure those glycophospholipids must be what fast tracks the cannabinoids. You can order the liquid lecithin from the rain forest site. I paid $8.49 for 16 oz. You may be able to find it locally. I couldn't, and I live in Pittsburgh.

The more bud you use the more potent the butter from a medicinal standpoint. I encourage full plant extracts for the variety of cannabinoids you'll harvest. If leaves are all you have they'll work, but stronger meds will offer greater pain control.

Have you tried tinctures? I'm still trying to get the handle on them. Capsules caught my fancy and appear to be a valuable addition to my medicine cabinet. I'm real happy with the economy of this approach. I'm using olive oil, one of the best carrier oils, and liquid sunflower lecithin. They're kickin' my butt! lol!

ohh no sweety you have caught the cannabis tetris bug!!!

symptoms include but are not limited too.
1. looking at the world and thinking yes ! a plant over here a plant over there here a plant there a plant everywhere a pot plant.

2 . a constant hunger for new plants

3. tents become tetris blocks mind wont stop "virtually fitting " them to even the smallest available spaces.

4 . you start to replace house hold furniture with tents " ive never liked this coffee table and a tent could go there" LOL.
next thing you know you only get 2 hours sleep a day cause your part of the micro life or might as well be .

i know your pain .

my name is photos and a cannabis tetris a holic!

I tried the tinctures, using vodka, but I don't like hard alcohol. I make GOOD tinctures, too, using the phases of the moon to start the brew, etc. I have a bottle of some high-powered Bacardi, but one tiny sip of that nearly laid me out FLAT! So it sits unused in the cabinet.

The capsules seem to be the easiest for me to ingest, as I'm terrible at baking. But I can cook up cannabudder in my mini-crock pot just fine. :)

I'm so sad I can't use the powdered lecithin, as it was really expensive at the health food store. I'm certainly not going to buy more, just to get the extra kick from a liquid. I'm not in it to get stoned out of my mind, just for pain relief without resorting to addictive, prescription chemicals.

I also believe in using as much of the plant as possible. I have very little waste when I trim. And I have separate containers of dried leaves, shake, and buds by strain.

Back
Top Bottom